Where were you when AMD won our hearts again?

Where were you when AMD won our hearts again?

Other urls found in this thread:

servethehome.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700-linux-benchmarks-zen-buy/
unitedwithisrael.org/israeli-women-advancing-high-tech-innovation/
google.com/search?q=cpu binning
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I fucking love compressing. I literally fap while compressing shit on my pc 24/7.

AMD: For real work
Intel: For vidyagamin in your mother's basement

Friendly reminder that if you're the second, you need to go back to Sup Forums.

nice, I like rendering too

I'm gonna game on my Ryzen, and there's nothing you can do to stop me, Mr. Stallman.

Ryzen is a bit slower slower, they'll need to undercut Intel i5 by a fair bit for it to be a viable choice.
It'll be interesting to see how much intel will cut costs to prevent AMD to get market share.

I'll probably pick up an R5 if the price is right.

Wait that's actually an impressive result from the A10 what the fuck

moar coars

>Where were you when AMD won our hearts again?
Not at the AMD Advocate Program headquaters, obviously

They made intel react this time, that's far better than Faildozer. We actually have competition now.

Its pretty good over all.
I can only imagine performance would be higher across the board a month from now.

Ryzen isn't even bad at gaming it's just not the absolute best. That's literally the whole complaint.

>posts one benchmark instead of several
servethehome.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700-linux-benchmarks-zen-buy/

Pretty damn good.

Quick someone post that Fallout and Tomb raider benchmark!

Windows 10 gaymin patch when :3

When MS stops sucking Intel's dick, there's a SMT patch already posted for Linux 30 hours ago.

does it do anything?

>posted for Linux 30 hours ago
month ago early feb

No, it's just there to look pretty.

Even better.

anyone here like compiling?

Where is the budget Ryzen?! I don't need an 8 core/16 thread monster for fucks' sake, where is the R3? Where are the APUs?

How long am I supposed to wait?

Q2

try reading any of the fucking ryzen threads you tard. R5 (4 core 8 thread) coming in Q2.

r5 is 6 core
r3 is 4 core

they might be cheaper than intel's offering, but they're almost 100% guaranteed to overclock like shit, just like R7. What you gonna do with a 4c8t processor that's weaker than a skylake i5?

>Q2

What does that even mean? April? May? I need answers!

Yo check it out mom it's the only workload that has zero span and can only be ran on a CPU albeit rendering can also be run on a GPU I'll just ignore that. Isn't the AMD CPOO the greatest mom? I think so

second quarter this year. now fuck off

wrong, the higher end r5 models are 6c12t and the lower end r5 models are 4c8t.

r5 is both

r5 1400x/1300 are 4c/8t

When they have enough of them ready to sell.

Buy it for $120 I hope.

these fucking names

I've been hearing your clueless nonsense for the
last few days so in hopes of seeing you shut up and future use for others against your nonsense I've dug out a just a few sheets on Biometrics, Lifecare, Materials Science, Proteomics, Structural Biology, Visualization, Crash/Impact testing, CFD, Electromagnetics and Structural Analysis software, a good 90% of these cannot be used on GPUs yet, until GPUs get their shit together.

AcuSolve and FEKO - Altair
CONVERGE - Convergent Science
CFD++ - Metacomp Technologies
CFX - ANSYS
Abaqus/CFD - 3DS-Simulia
FieldView - Intelligent Light
Fluent - ANSYS
FORTÉ - ANSYS (Reaction DESIGN)
FIRE - AVL
STAR-CCM+ and STAR-CD - CD-adapco
OpenFOAM (open-source software) - ESI Group offers support
PAM-FLOW - ESI Group
PowerFLOW - EXA
OVERFLOW - NASA code
SC/Tetra - Software Cradle
Abaqus/Standard - 3DS-Simulia
ANSYS Mechanical - ANSYS
CDH - AMLS
CTH - Sandia National Laboratories code
MSC Nastran - MSC Software
NX Nastran - Siemens PLM Software
SOAP
SOAPdenovo
SSAKE
Trinity
VCAKE
Velvet
FEKO - Altair
Abokia BLAST
HFSS - ANSYS
JMAG - Altair
Abokia BLAST
ABySS
ALLPATHS-LG
BLAST
OptiStruct - Altair
PERMAS - INTES
SYSNOISE - LMS International
Bowtie
BWA
ClustalW
Edena
EULER-SR
FASTA
HMMER
MIRA2
MrBayes
MUMmer
NCBI BLAST
Novoalign
Phred Phrap Consed
RAY
SeqAn
SHARCGS
SHRiMP

Last time, through your thick skull, GPUs can't branch for SHIT, they're only useful in under 30% of HPC Applications! And HPC itself isn't even 15% of the server market!

Fuck off and die.

I don't care about OC. I just need a cheap-ass PC and it would be nice to get a 4c/4t CPU for ~100$ or whatever. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait some more.

A pity I built my PC like, 7 months ago. Granted I got a i5 6500 non-k (wasn't going to spill extra on the motherboard too, finding a decent mATX not over £100 was a fucking headache already) but if Ryzen matures nicely and companies in general gear their shit towards moar corez, I'll consider them.

I've been with Intel for the most part of my life, the Q6600, 2500k and now 6500. So it'd be a nice change.

>user u had 2500k, y u change?

I left the country for a year and couldn't quite bring my pc up with me. Plus the whole thing was starting to slow down right to fuck so I thought, may as well just build a new system. 0 Regrets.

>muh niche use case

$100 for an ivy bridge i5 level cpu wouldn't be too bad I suppose. We'll see.

these niche use cases cost 5B, nvidia makes only 300m on computing

>talking about GPUs as a replacement for CPUs
>doesn't understand SIMD can't handle "if else"
>muh niche use case
>while GPU acceleration is niche of a niche of a niche

There's a reason Tesla's from Nvidia are only 200M in revenue quarterly, while Intel's datacenter revenue is 4.7 billion.
That's only around 40000 Tesla GPUs, Intel sells more CPUs in 3 days.

2500k is still pretty good, just got one myself last summer second hand to replace my Q6600.

so it's only marginally better than the 7700K in edge cases and significantly worse in day-to-day stuff? and most of those edge cases are addressed by using a GPU anyway? oh..

>only 20% better than 7700K
>double the cores
lol k

I've been hearing your clueless nonsense for the
last few days so in hopes of seeing you shut up and future use for others against your nonsense I've dug out a just a few sheets on Biometrics, Lifecare, Materials Science, Proteomics, Structural Biology, Visualization, Crash/Impact testing, CFD, Electromagnetics and Structural Analysis software, a good 90% of these cannot be used on GPUs yet, until GPUs get their shit together.

AcuSolve and FEKO - Altair
CONVERGE - Convergent Science
CFD++ - Metacomp Technologies
CFX - ANSYS
Abaqus/CFD - 3DS-Simulia
FieldView - Intelligent Light
Fluent - ANSYS
FORTÉ - ANSYS (Reaction DESIGN)
FIRE - AVL
STAR-CCM+ and STAR-CD - CD-adapco
OpenFOAM (open-source software) - ESI Group offers support
PAM-FLOW - ESI Group
PowerFLOW - EXA
OVERFLOW - NASA code
SC/Tetra - Software Cradle
Abaqus/Standard - 3DS-Simulia
ANSYS Mechanical - ANSYS
CDH - AMLS
CTH - Sandia National Laboratories code
MSC Nastran - MSC Software
NX Nastran - Siemens PLM Software
SOAP
SOAPdenovo
SSAKE
Trinity
VCAKE
Velvet
FEKO - Altair
Abokia BLAST
HFSS - ANSYS
JMAG - Altair
Abokia BLAST
ABySS
ALLPATHS-LG
BLAST
OptiStruct - Altair
PERMAS - INTES
SYSNOISE - LMS International
Bowtie
BWA
ClustalW
Edena
EULER-SR
FASTA
HMMER
MIRA2
MrBayes
MUMmer
NCBI BLAST
Novoalign
Phred Phrap Consed
RAY
SeqAn
SHARCGS
SHRiMP

Last time, through your thick skull, GPUs can't branch for SHIT, they're only useful in under 30% of HPC Applications! And HPC itself isn't even 15% of the server market!

Fuck off and die.

jee, it's as if the 8 cores are as strong as the 4 cores clockspeed and ipc wise

meh I'll just stick to the 7700K, the 1800X clearly sucks and is more expensive anyway

>m-muh GPU

GPUs can be used one out of 60 times in industry applications.
SIMD is unsuitable for modern workloads, that's why Itanium was such a failure.

Do whatever you want, nobody told you what to buy in conversation?

ok thanks I'm looking forward to the 7700K

the 1800x is aimed at the 6900k retard. AMD even said on their pre launch presentation that it's a 6900k competitor

1700 is aimed at the 7700k. for people who want all round performance, low tdp, overclocking, and good gayming for the price

>he thinks R7 is meant to compete with consumer i7

>playing FO4
The fuck.

you can't fix willfull ignorance

It's the best gayme of all time.

t. Cuck who never played Baldur's Gate, Fallout 1/2, Planescape or Gothic

>considering buying a CPU made by a girl

even the 1700 can compete with 6900, the real competitor for 7700 would be R5 with 4 cores and 8 threads, and since the R7 1700 is just a tad more expensive than 7700, the R5 will is almost guaranteed to be much cheaper than 7700

the only retard here is you and the intel shills trying to imply an 8 core 16 thread chip that beat's intel's top-end workstation chips is supposed to compete with a fucking consumer chip in a completely different segment of the market.

KYS

>considering buying a CPU made by a girl kike

unitedwithisrael.org/israeli-women-advancing-high-tech-innovation/

>user, I just don't feel like gaming today

but it's not

Well the R5 does but it's just the R7 only worse
And the R7 is kinda inferior to even just a cheap pair of used Xeons
and well there are no dual CPU boards...
meh

>consumer market
>dual CPU boards

Show me your Broadwell-E's with dual socket support and ECC

>R5 is worse
>not released
>no benchmarks
>not even any leaks

it's just the R7 with fewer cores, have you even been paying attention? you people I swear..

>Show me your Broadwell-E's with dual socket support and ECC
um why? i care about price and performance not about some magical voodoo bullshit you imagined in your schizophrenic mind

>google.com/search?q=cpu binning

Now that's what i call a shitposting.

fucking lol you people
>t-the 1800X is gonna be better because muh binning
>it's the same exact shit as the 1700 with different stock clocks
this sheer delusion is depressing

>$329 msrp for the 1700
I'm not shilling for intel retard
people say the 1700 competes with the 7700k (for now)is b'cos of price and increased versatility. Everything is also on one socket

>um why? i care about price and performance not about some magical voodoo bullshit you imagined in your schizophrenic mind

Because you brought up features (multi socket) support AMD doesn't have on its prosumer CPUs but its competition (Intel HEDT) doesn't have it either.

Want dual socket? Wait for Skylake-EP or the new Opterons.
Else get the SB Xeons that have pathetic ST performance.

>Ryzen supports ECC
>no need to buy 2+ times more intel workstation Mobo
>no need to pay 2+ times more for intel workstation CPU
>i care about price/performance

You need medical attention. You said the same thing to me yesterday and this is my first post in this thread.

>the exact same
better xfr is a difference, tdp is a difference

Yup, that's why the 1700 is the best CPU to buy.

Apparently Jim Keller was more like an executive overseeing both Zen and K12 but Zen was actually designed and built by veteran AMD engineers lead by Mike Clark.

Because you post uninformed and ignorant garbage and should be stopped before others actually think SIMD processors are useful in the same area x86 are.

Itanium exists, It's SIMD, it was shit, end of story.
GPUs can't branch.

Go kill yourself and have a nice day.

Unless you only play games.
He was the dude who slaped the engineers so they don't make another faildozer.

>t-the 1800X is gonna be better because muh binning

nice reading comprehension and implications there, friend. now go back to school you fucking retarded mongoloid.

They can take the lower powered bins and put into the 8 core chips and save the higher binned for high-end mainstream chips.

>Unless you only play games.
It's fine overclocked for games, not the best but fine, it has other uses.

>Because you brought up features (multi socket) support AMD doesn't have on its prosumer CPUs but its competition (Intel HEDT) doesn't have it either.
ok but i care about price and performance so stop trying to shoe-horn in your own nonsense just to make a flawed argument

>Well the R5 does but it's just the R7 only worse
>And the R7 is kinda inferior to even just a cheap pair of used Xeons
>and well there are no dual CPU boards...
>meh

What did i say about -only- playing games?

holy shit are you for real? god damn i've never seen anyone imply so hard and take so much shit out of context before.

please fuck off back to wherever you came from

>Where were you when AMD won our hearts again?

home, wishing i had the money to get an ayymd rig.

Also there need to be more ecc-ready motherboards

>nice reading comprehension and implications there, friend. now go back to school you fucking retarded mongoloid.
I'm mocking you by posting what people here said in the past (mere days ago) and comparing it to what you're saying now, but you just demonstrated to everyone ITT that you're stupid to understand that. Sorry about your low IQ.

Looking forward to this 7700K

bottom line: price, performance

meh.

>Also there need to be more ecc-ready motherboards
Please ASRock save us.

>They can take the lower powered bins and put into the 8 core chips and save the higher binned for high-end mainstream chips.

what does this mean? that r7 is low binned? lol

implying and baseless bullshit pulled from your ass
cherry picking so hard. it's for a single socket board meant to compete with intel's workstation chips
and?
>bottom line: price, performance
AMD wins, beats intel for half the price.

>Practically the same performance of a 5960X
Thanks user, looks like I'll be getting Ryzen after all. Killer price to performance in rendering and other multi-threaded applications is also a plus.

>cherry picking so hard. it's for a single socket board meant to compete with intel's workstation chips
um why do you call it cherry picking when I'm just selecting the best thing for my purposes given my budget and goals? it sounds like you're just mad that your favorite product isn't the best so you're taking it out on me by being an ass.

i mean if I want to game I'll just use a 7700K which is better htan the Ryzen in almost every circumstance anyway.. especially when you factor out the things that are better done with a Quadro..

>AMD wins, beats intel for half the price.
um but that's wrong though, in fact I can assemble a nice 2x E5-2670 system with 128GB RAM among other things for less than the cost of just the Ryzen R7 and a mobo with even half of the features... I'm sure you'll say that that doesn't count for one reason or another but not all of us are illogical fanboys user..

How much DDR4 will Ryzen boards support? Is it really limited at 16GB/DIMM, or can I make a 128+ GB ECC build?

>especially when you factor out the things that are better done with a Quadro..
Lol, we got another one.

64 gb probably

some motherboards will support ecc, some not. AMD confirmed that the CPU will support ecc-memory

64gb

learn to read

R7 competes against intel X99 socket workstation stuff and beats them for half the price.

>um but that's wrong though, in fact I can assemble a nice 2x E5-2670 system with 128GB RAM among other things
no, because AMD havent released their server shit yet. you're comparing two different market segments, stop cherry picking you stupid fuck.

>Lol, we got another one.
?

a cognitively normal person with actual professional experience who knows the difference between bars and charts and real life?

>zero reading comprehension
>multiple fallacies in every post
>cognitively normal

uh but I understand your point, you're the only one who doesn't get it right now. I'm saying that the R7 is garbage because it doesn't perform particularly well or impressively, it's almost always edged out or only slightly ahead despite being a MOAR COREZ chip

I say again,
>um but that's wrong though, in fact I can assemble a nice 2x E5-2670 system with 128GB RAM among other things

I'm not a middle manager at your shitty company, I look at price and performance, not marketing and other such things..

>thinks he's being logically consistent
>calls out other people on reading comprehension when you lot are dealing things like

see also you guys are pathetic..

Where does the limit come from? Surely each Zeppelin die will support 32/64/128 GB DIMMs in Naples MCMs...