AMD considering Coreboot

Would you buy a Ryzen if it supports Core/Libreboot?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5x4hxu/we_are_amd_creators_of_athlon_radeon_and_other/def5h1b/
libreboot.org/amd-libre/
pcengines.ch/apu2.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>source: my ass

Yes.

>source: my ass

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5x4hxu/we_are_amd_creators_of_athlon_radeon_and_other/def5h1b/

BTFO

I might actually decide to learn Linux.

didn't want to post a reddit link here

Just go for it, debian or mint are easy as fuck to start with.

Register for free visual dev account. Enjoy your free 3 month linuxacademy account. Learn Linux. That's it.

literally from that thread
>Thanks for the inquiry. Currently we do not have plans to release source code
>t. AMD_james

Fine. You convinced me.

Yes.

>but you make a good argument for reasons to do so. We will evaluate and find a way to work with security vendors and the community to everyone's benefit.

Yes. Seems pretty unlikely, but if it happens it'd be a major victory for freedom and security on x86.

Here's an overview similar to the one on reddit, with a bunch of requests:
libreboot.org/amd-libre/

Really all AMD needs to do is make it possible to replace or disable the Platform Security Processor and any other non-free firmware on at least one processor model. As far as I can tell, releasing source code isn't actually necessary, although open sourcing the PSP would be an alternative.

Yay. Hear that, boss? Convinced another user. This shilling job is pretty comfy.

cause they are not aware that there are enough consumers who care about this.

>Not learning through trial and error
Fucking normies

If chipsets of compatible mobos are supported as well, then sure.

If they do, I'll buy a second one.

>there are people here who think amd is going to let you disable the botnet.

But they already kinda do that.

pcengines.ch/apu2.htm

There are few things in the world I could care less about than if AMD supports whatever the fuck that is or not

Yes, that would be great.

Than why do you care to reply in an AMD thread?

I think there is a difference between Ryzen and a
> 1 GHz quad Jaguar core

>I'm tech illiterate: The post

Yes. Assuming I can find a store that sells it within four hours or less. 4 hours of searching and foot-ache is the gratitude I'm willing to show for a ME-less processor.

If it will with preinstalled coreboot then it will be incompatible with Windows 10â„¢
I' ill not buy AMD RYZEN in any case

>retarditt

kill yourself

you still can boot Botnetâ„¢ with Seabios

Yes. I've already bought one. But I'd feel better about it if Coreboot became supported, would likely buy more in the future just for that Coreboot support.

I'm planning on installing Linux w/ KVM/Qemu image of Win10 once my parts arrive, run it in a sandbox. Ryzen + X370 Coreboot support would make it very nice.

Translation from corporate-speak:
>not gonna happen, fuckface!

Not necessarily. I would want to have a Ryzen laptop with Coreboot or Libreboot.

would make it an instabuy for me but it'll never happen

NSA wouldn't allow it

why people use muslim rabbit bios

Some Chromebooks use it too.

yes

No. I don't support tranny code

That's Libreboot, not Coreboot, kiddo.

>>Would you buy a Ryzen if it supports Core/Libreboot?

Back to school you go.

Translation: "We aren't even going to consider doing this, and it was stupid of you to even ask."

ITT: people actually think that AMD would risk losing their ability to sell products in the United States by removing/inhibiting government backdoors. Laughter ensues.