Have you ever gotten a piece of technology at a killer price?

Have you ever gotten a piece of technology at a killer price?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zW0ThdjR_EU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I once got an iPad for free off of an ad.

Yes. On a number of occasions.

My wife sons cousin once got a free I phone form jarmal.

In 1999 there was some stupid dot.com that gave me a free copy of Quake 2. Or more precisely they sold me a copy of Quake 2 at the very inflated price of $54.99 and included a 100% mail-in rebate. Presumably the business model was that a lot of people would fail to send them in.

No but I did stay at a Holiday Inn

I found a Ryzen in a 50 cent bag of Cool Ranch Doritos

Nokia N800 for free

For some reason I read that as
>Have you ever gotten over a piece of technology at a killer pace?

IBM model M $60 AU

When I was young I got everything for free.

4790K for free by scamming Amazon.

iPhone 5s for free

HP microserver for £130

>Bought Nvidia Shield Tablet Pro LTE 32GB
>recall gives me another Nvidia Shield Tablet Pro LTE 32GB
>install BlissPop ROM on first one so doesn't die when switch second one on
>2 Nvidia Shield Tablet Pro LTE 32GBs for the price of one

I got a free fujitsu siemens desktop. They forgot to bill me.

it's not worth even for half of your price why would you buy trash 10years old hardware for 200gbp with trash weeb games with 2005 graphics? Also lcd screen in 2017, no ethernet adapter, no charger, no normal gamepad, no game in a box. Yeah fuck off with that japwish console for paedophiles.

brand new intel 520 240gb for $55 in 2015

youtube.com/watch?v=zW0ThdjR_EU

>nearly $350USD MSRP
that seems pretty high for a console that isn't as portable as a phone/psp/nintendo ds, but also isn't as powerful as an xbone or ps4

kek

the scheme was:
1. 10x the price
2. 10% fail to rebate
3. ???
4. profit

I got a better offer, I didn't buy it and saved $300. Please consumerfags beta test my console until gen 2 for more games, better features, better software and a price drop.

wouldn't use that piece of shit even if someone gave it to me for free desu.

my 5820k was £250 when I bought it, cheaper than a 4790k at the time, cheaper than a 6700k now

i'd sell it to nintoddlers for $500

But like I got a pristine one because my grandpa worked at ibm. He did some og shit like smuggling schematics internationally

are you satisfied with it?

Google gave me a free laptop

Do you still use it? CR-48 right?

I got sent 1 carton of OTC torque wrenches instead of the 1 unit I ordered.

Sometimes I'll find mislabeled tech at a swap meet/secondhand store, like a Nook HD+ thougt to be a digital photo frame (8 bucks) or my favorite.

This shit is worth less than $99 chink tablets.

Got a used HD 5770 at Microcenter for 6 bucks because it was marked wrong in the system.

Is this why Britbongs made rebates illegal?

go back to v kid

$99 chink tablets aren't worth more than something going for $450 on Amazon right now you fucking idiot

Yeah just SE lmao

Amazon sent me 2 RX480s. Crossfire for the price of 1.

Fuck Yeah!
Love my NSTs

Because no one needs a video game console when video game consoles are just dedicated computers, and personal computers already exist and are in widespread use.

Nintendo might distinguish its hardware from standard personal computing by having various gimmicky peripherals, but it still seems like a wasteful investment to me. I just don't feel that waving a Wiimote around is such an incredibly amazingly tactile experience that I need to invest hundreds of dollars into a children's gaming console to enjoy it.

gtx 980 @ $130
benq 144hz 1440 TN 27" @ 130
sold both for profit. got them like half a year ago at clearance.

Model M for free

Not quite the same, but relevant, last time I upgraded phones I traded in a Nexus S for $300 VZW credit.

Well I go to thrift stores and got a functioning sewing machine for $25

I got a copy of the Ubuntu operating system for free!

I'm actually buying a new one soon as the hinge on mine snapped

Give it back, Dashown.

I dug a Model M out of a dumpster. Still using it.

Bought a ''broken'' 2013 13 inch Macbook Pro with i5 from some Hipster dipshit for 400€ 2 years ago.
It got stuck in a bootloop so I resetted the NVRAM and it worked again, using that laptop right now.
I fucking love dumb Hipsters.

Same here mate, shame that mine become pretty useless now

I signed up for that but they never sent me a laptop laptop. Wonder why.

That's a great deal. I really can't understand why sewing machines are expensive as they are. Does it work properly?

>Spill stuff on the keyboard of my 2007 MBP a few times too many and the backlight finally gives up the ghost
>Buy a machine of the same model except with a dead motherboard
>Use the top case of it to fix my machine
>Make all the money back just by selling off the fans, the disc drive and power brick
>Make a small profit on selling off the RAM and HDD
>Still left with a spare display (i.e the second most expensive spare part after the motherboard)

I guess this falls within the grey area close to insurance fraud:
>Drop less than 1-year-old 15" 2010 MBP on the floor
>Very minor cosmetic damage to the main body and the screen casing
>For some dumb reason take it in for a repair estimate anyway
>Massively overquoted for a repair by a local repair shop
>Home insurance pays for the estimate and a brand new 2011 machine as the repair over-estimate was for more than half the cost of replacing my machine and the insurance company valued it at full price prior to the accident as it was brand new before dropping it
>Get to keep the 2010 as they now deem it to be worthless despite me telling them it's 100% functional
>Sell it off for way more than the deductible for the replacement machine

LifeBook T731 and MBP 2009, both free. Not to mention the piles of Latitudes.

i7 7700k, absolutely blows away anything AMD has

When I was younger my brother got an alienware dirt cheap. I know, alienware but at the end of all the discounts he got an almost $1000 machine for like $300.

My wifi stopped working so it's pretty much dead.

Oh man that sucks... I just turned it on last week after 1 year not using it and everything seems functional still.
All software repositories are dead so I'm stuck with a maemo that nobody supports anymore.
Wish I could put Debian instead

I have 2 Dell U2515H's (RRP £280)

Got the first from some design student for £175
The second got lost by amazon, fully refunded but turned up a few days later anyway.

Should have cost me £560 for the pair but I had both for £175

>playing games

idk where to go for cheap tech anymore. all western Australian op shops now made it so you cant donate electronics and gumtree is an inflated piece of shit. Craigslist is just people selling drugs too

new, sealed in its box, laptop at 80% its price, just 2 months after launch... prolly stolen or something

also, does anyone here remember the samsung/google play credit fuck up? I got like $3k... sadly, I didn't cash it out

what part of the hinge broke? U can provs fix it with apoxy