Is college mostly just a big scam for anyone who isn't looking to be a doctor or a lawyer?

Is college mostly just a big scam for anyone who isn't looking to be a doctor or a lawyer?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Sherwood
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesar_Conde
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What makes you think that?

What makes you think that?

It's not if your sociable and good at networking.

So not worth it for most people on Sup Forums.

It depends on how low your instate tuition is, and how much aid you can get. Any stupid office job will pay you more (often much more) if you simply have a bachelors degree in something reasonable. Your salary will go up more over time to, so long term it makes sense if you know how to market yourself and your skills.

Not really, if you find what you study worth it, then it is. If you're absolutely lost in life, which is the case with 18 year olds, it might give you some guidance on what you want to work on.

I guess it really is harder in the US because the good colleges are expensive, so a year or two that might help you a lot in deciding what is it that you want and a restart from the beginning is truly costly and frowned upon.

You can graduate with no debt if you work during the summer and don't go to some private richcuck school where a year of tuition is like 20k

Now lots of places require ANY degree to get a job because employers basically consider it an IQ test

I regret not going to university

>to some private richcuck school where a year of tuition is like 20k
Our instate schools cost that much here :(

Irrelevant, in America the average graduate makes 70k starting and there's tons of jobs everywhere

>brother goes mining
>over $100k a year until he bought a house with his fiancee and now gets headhunted for the large machinery skills he got while mining
>I go to uni
>now working at a pub

reminder to NEVER listen to your high school teachers

some of the sciences can be profitable

bump

I'm glad I haven't fell for the uni meme definitely going to do a trade.

Mining is shit work done in shit locations. I know lots of oil workers who made/make similar money but most hated it. Much better to go to an elite school and wind up running things in show biz.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Sherwood
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesar_Conde

>for anyone who isn't looking to be a doctor or a lawyer?
>lawyer
Bruh, I have a masters degree in law and I've been unemployed for over three years. College is nice, but what's more important than a filmsy sheet of paper is who you know. You'd better learn to enjoy sucking cock if you want to get ahead in life. Being a woman helps, of course.

Meme degrees will get you nowhere, that's for sure. Same if you study in low quality universities.

I guess i never gave it a thought because scholarships are readily available for everyone who wasn't a dumb prick in highschool, and in any decent university you can easily get professional contacts

I have a vague feeling jobs became night clubs and you have to know someone to get in or be a chick.

Pretty much. And universities are no longer temples of reason, they're businesses who want to churn out as many graduates as possible for dat cashmoney, even if they're state run. This is especially problematic in an oversaturated job market like those of our time.

Nepotism is alive and well, and I've heard it from sources I consider trustworthy that most job applications are filled before an ad is even published. If there's a vacancy in a company, those in charge first check among themselves if they know somebody suitable for the job, then check if their employees might know somebody firt for the job, and only if there's nobody suitable in the networks of those people do they place an ad.

I hate this shit. I used to be optimistic and could barely wait to enter the jobmarket. Now I just want to be a NEET.

Not if you're smart enough to have everything paid for

>first year of business school
>anthropology
>human rights
>methodology
>sociology
>introductory law
>high school algebra

Yeah, fuck that shit.

Cant you be one of those defenders the state gives to people too poor for a lawyer, to get some experience?

>Is college mostly just a big scam for anyone who isn't looking to be a doctor or a lawyer?

You made this thread on Sup Forums.

More like TEXbooks

methodology is importnt in an university setting because it teaches logic and rational truth. yes, even in business.

It's useful, if you're not a dumbass.

I think I'm just going to work at Coles the rest of my life (a grocery store) it's not bad money and I can afford a place and afford the things I like and just hope I'll become a department manager eventually.

unless you are in STEM, Law(maybe)or a Doctorl, its a big fucking meme

t.a uni dropout who has never been happier in hes life

I studied microbiology and I got a county job testing water quality at different spots in the city. It pays well and it's pretty fun.

>Algebra 1
wtf is this? 8th grade?

What do you do now?

have my own online business

doing pretty good, but i kinda regret that i didnt spent my time learning the shit that i need by myself earlier isntead of going to uni and just getting drunk with frieneds

Industrial 'engineer' here. Going to uni really develops critical thinking and gives you useful tools to apply in lots of fields.

I'd say yes, more or less. We should have direct apprenticeships with companies instead.

As it clearly says on the top textbook, yes.8th Grade.

I've just searched "biggest high education companies", trying to show how the scam is creating a massive bubble, but all the results where articles about the "booming Brazilian high-ed industry", by foreign media.

Disgusting if you ask me.