Ultrabook vs Gayming laptop

Which and why

gentoo

THICC one

The question is why the thick expensive prone to failure one.

Don you have desktop for stuff that needs power?
Notebooks are for mobility sake.

Ultrabook + desktop gaming PC

Depends on your situation. Do you need high performance on the go? Gaming. Text docs and facebook? Ultrabook.

I already have a capable desktop, it's just that whenever I'm out and about for extended periods of time away from my rig I do wish I was able to game without having to lug around all my shit. But on that same note I really want something light weight, decently looking, and has a long battery life.

XPS 15 or zenbook UX510/UX501 may be a good idea then. bit pricey, but that's what you'll have to put up with, if you want something to suit your needs.

XPS 15 is in between the two, I got one for 1300€ instead of 1800€ by monitoring their offers and giving my VAT number

Old thinkpad X1 Carbon

>dfw XPS 15 i5 will never be on sale

i play games on my laptop no issues.

One is for adults and one is for children.

Everyday I see these autistic manchildren carrying around their retarded gaymen laptop at uni. They look like utter tools

Chill, poorfag

My dream ThinkPad is a T460s with an AMD Ryzen mobile CPU and ECC memory.

Gayming PC + Chromebook or other cheap laptop is objectively the best combo. You get the best value for gaming, and laptop thats so cheap you can practically throw it away and not care and it does everything you need to do on the go.

it is pretty sad yes

ultrabook with a thunderbolt GPU dock if you can only have one machine, otherwise a cheap ultraportable from ebay

Neither

Game/process at home
Laptops are for portability, and if you can't go 24h without gayming or doing some random video shit then you have other problems

Ultrabooks have low power CPUs which aren't good for gaming. They'll probably suffice if you're using an eGPU to play on a 1080p screen at 60fps, but it's not ideal and gives you terrible bang for you buck.

I'm sure laptop + eGPU is the future for PC gaming, but it isn't there yet.

i second on the UX501. It runs for 1500USD and to get an XPS15 to have the same specs, it will cost nearly double the price.

No one is going to judge you if you need a Gaymen Laptop.

My dual core i7 matches a stock 2500k

/thread. Nobody will listen to you here sadly.
This is a pretty ignorant board that only wants the shitposting/meme product posts.

Guessing you've never been outside

>He doesn't stream gaymen over the Internet from his desktop

>streaming games
Enjoy your shitty connectivity and atrocious latency

The difference is I can play muh games well enough to enjoy them at school during my free time, while you have to wait to go home to your tendies to play
Sorry I'm not 360 noscoping children on counterstrike

>waiting two seconds for movement to register is an enjoyable experience
I'd rather kms

store your lightweight competitive games locally and stream your modern GPU-eating hallway simulators from your desktop
It's playable for me, decent enough latency, and my laptop can actually play lightweight indie games and the more competitive games itself (I play CSGO, war thunder, and plenty of random steam games on laptop, and emulators of course)
I think it's better than a gaming laptop honestly, I'm not away from my desktop for more than I day and when I am I'm usually not too concerned with heavy gaymen