Why do people like 'phablets'?

Why do people like 'phablets'?

They are unwieldy unless you're 6'5. You can't do anything nearly as quickly on them as you can a regular sized phone. They aren't as portable.

Jesus get a fucking tablet and stop making manufacturers make these things because of demand.

>handlets

>having a micropenis

>Projecting

Nah, it's pretty obvious that big phones are the jacked up trucks of the tech world, you're compensating for some sort of insecurity
>LOL YOU'RE JUST TINY XDDD
>I'M A REAL MAN, GORILLA AND ALL LMAO
>MANLET ROFL
If you weren't so damned insecure you'd just reply with something along the lines of
>I merely prefer larger phones

>If you weren't so damned insecure you'd just reply with something along the lines of
>I merely prefer larger phones
This is Sup Forums.

I merely prefer larger phones

Yeah, no. A 6'+ phablet just isn't portable or practicable.

The website you're on is no excuse for acting like a child

There you go, was that so hard?

6'2" here.
Even my S5 with its 5.1 inch screen is a bit big.
Still considering a s4 mini plus, but I like my bigger extended battery.

>mfw Moto G phones are fucking phablets now

Bigger screen = bigger keyboard = easier to type on. Bigger phones also have bigger batteries.

>easier to type on
not if you're normal and use zwype

>bigger battery
and a bigger screen that uses up any additional benefits that battery would have given.

>not using the clearly superior swipe input method

>Bigger screen = bigger keyboard = easier to type on

im gonna blow your mind, are you ready?

physical keyboard == easier to type on

Because most people use their phones as texting devices and web browsers, both of which benefit from the large screen.

>and a bigger screen that uses up any additional benefits that battery would have given.
this is false

Mah nigga

Why are most phones 16:9 instead of 16:10? Early smartphones used to be 4:3 because a wider aspect ratio makes it easier to type on. My ideal phone would be between 5 and 5.5 inches and have a 16:10 screen so it's easier to type on.

I don't like zwype or whatever, it isn't accurate enough for me. Bigger screens do use more battery, but it's not a 1:1 ratio. You still end up with more battery life on a bigger phone.

Sometimes it guesses the wrong word.

My last physical keyboard was a bold 9700. It was OK, but I still prefer typing on my Nexus 6p.

I'm gonna blow your whole goddamn world then

Physical keyboards on phones are dead

BlackBerry Q5, Q10, Classic, Passport, Priv, and Mercury

>acting

you can pry my Q5 from my cold dead hands

dead OS and outdated phones.
$500 for a phone with a literal low end SoC = dead.
Priv with overheating SoC = dead.
Dead OS = dead.

So real mean should suffer because of manlets?

The screen is bigger. How retarded are you that you dont know this

>Sometimes it guess the wrong word
Keep using it and it'll get more accurate

>dead OS
Still the best
>outdated phones
It's a damned cellphone
>$500 for a phone with a literal low end SoC = dead
It's a damned cellphone
>Priv with overheating SoC = dead
I'll give you that but it's just one of many options I listed
>Dead OS = dead
If you're into masochism, two of the phones I listed run Android.

>using a botnet keyboard

>and a bigger screen that uses up any additional benefits that battery would have given.
This is definitely not true. I have a Nexus 6 and it lasts forever. I switched to it from an S6 (it broke in my pocket while I was playing air hockey) and it lasts significantly longer for the same use case.

OP 6" screen is comfy as fuck. Yeah, using it one handed can get tedious every now and then, but the big screen is so nice. I used to think they were ridiculous too, but then I got a Nexus 6 and I honestly couldn't go back to a smaller phone.

>Jesus get a fucking tablet and stop making manufacturers make these things because of demand.
>"Stop liking what I don't like"
I like to watch series/movies on the train from/to work, you NEET.
Phablet are ideal, I never use my phone to my ear when calling anyway (saves frying my brain) so it's not uncomfortable, what do you do that you can't use both hands on your phone anyway? Jacking off?

keep grasping for straws.
yes it's a cellphone, but the rest of the world has moved onto smartphones you goddamn retard.

Smartphones are cellphones, you fucking moron.

Smartphones are in the inclusive set of cellphones. Cell Phones include more than just smartphones, most namely those BBOS feature phones.
People have moved on. You should too gramps.

>thinking that anything with Internet access isn't tied to a botnet or being capable of being spied on

>It's a damned cellphone
>This makes it ok to pay $500 for a shit one

BB10OS phones are smartphones, you fucking dumbass. They can even run Android apps.

It has a QWERTY keyboard, it's instantly better than anything that doesn't.

for the same reason car makers continue to crank out SUV's. They're unwieldy on the road, you can't go anywhere nearly as quickly as you can in a regular sized car. They aren't as drive-able.

Every smartphone has a qwerty keyboard. Most have dropped it being physical though due to it taking up space that could be used better.

>keep grasping for straws.
you wrote bigger screen == better typing, and the counter was physical keyboards is better typing.

anything else is irrelevant (and consumerist fluff)

We both know I was talking physical keyboards, you fucking autist.

>you wrote bigger screen == better typing
your samefag meter is off. im just ridiculing the dead physical keyboard fags

as long as the device works, it works, and therefore is better for typing.

Where does Sup Forums draw the limit? How big is too big?

>the rest of the world has moved onto smartphones

>2017 world has caught up to what people like me were using back in 2003

way to be bleeding edge user.

>physical keyboards are dead
>models with physical keyboards have been coming out for years
>another model drops in a few months
Yeah okay buddy

basement dwellers can always eat a few dozen extra burgers to create pocket space

Probably about 7 inches if it doesn't have a bezel.

Around 4"

I feel like ~6" is "just right." Anything larger becomes virtually impossible to use at all without two hands, which is fine for something like the Note that doesn't pretend to be a regular smartphone, but for a conventional smartphone experience I'd say around 6" is the limit.

There will always be a bezel.

I'm a 5'4 tranny and I can handle my Nexus 6P just fine.

Sounds like you've got a serious problem.

6.5' is where I usually draw the line. 5.5' fits the best, but I do get some satisfaction out of 6' with enough foreplay.

I'm not sure on the ideal size device. What I am sure of is this,

for a pure phone, smaller is better. there's just no reason for anything in the 5+ inch range
for more tablet like use, all i know is 7 inches is too big. 5.5 inches is either a little small or just right. i'm not sure if anything bigger will become unwieldy. if i had to guess i'd say 6 inches is ideal as long as the weight and screen to body ratio is maximized as much as possible

small phones are utterly worthless for anything besides being a phone. big tablets are retarded. get a laptop or bigger phone. or really i wish there were a market for high end 6 inch tablets i could try.

suffice to say somewhere in the 5.5 - 6ish inch range is ideal handheld device size with 4ish inches being vastly superio for pure phone use.

Manlet detected

I'm 6'2" and you

>You can't do anything nearly as quickly on them as you can a regular sized phone.
Why are people taking this blatant troll post seriously?