I just ordered these components —
pcpartpicker.com/list/vgZ3BP

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/6F9df8
backblaze.com/blog/3tb-hard-drive-failure/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814487265
pcpartpicker.com/list/GxKDKZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The CPU is kinda overkill for that GPU and you could have waited a bit for R5 news to come out. Other than that it's fine.

>waited a bit for R5 news to come out

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Please explain.

Love my Design R3. Best case I ever used.
If the R5 is similar, a great buy.

R5 is the midrange version of Ryzen and will compete directly with the i5 from Intel.

pcpartpicker.com/list/6F9df8

what does Sup Forums think of this one?

>I'm not sure I know what you mean
Not him, but I think he means that if you prefer ayymd you could've wait for them to release their R5.
Also, after they release that chip you can wait a bit more until it can beat the i5. If that doesn't happens soon, you can wait a bit more again, I'm sure they will destroy Intel soon enough, you just have to wait.
And wait.
And wait.

PSU is way way overkill. Realistically that rig won't ever go above 400W.

Also you probably don't need to get the X370 mobo. Since the 1700 is only 65TDP the 350 ones would do just as fine.

Also I'd always go with the MSI Gaming X for basically any GPU.

Performance wise they're all pretty much the same but MSI has by far the best cooling.

>Ordered ST3000DM001 harddrive

YOU FAIL SO HARD ON DOING THAT, JUST LIKE YOUR DRIVE *WILL*

If you can, CANCEL or change that order IMMEDIATELY.

If you can't .. then just throw that harddrive away and order another one. Take the loss now.

backblaze.com/blog/3tb-hard-drive-failure/

Picture is totally related, those are some of the ST3000DM001 drives that I have personally had fail. I use 3TB drives on my RAID arrays. Luckily I didn't just use these garbage drives, I used a mixture of brands. The ST3000DM001s are the only drives that have failed in those arrays, and all of them have.

Funniest part: I sent the first of these garbage drives that failed back to Seagate under warranty. The drive I got back was DOA.

Sorry, I didn't update that parts list. When I went to order the ST3000DM001, both NewEgg and Amazon alerted me to the newer model ST30000DM008. I ordered the 008 model, not the 001, but I hope I have more luck with it than you did.

I have no idea if ST30000DM008's are fine or not, but good luck.

That's another drive series, perhaps they share the same issues, perhaps not. You should look into it, though.

What I can tell you for sure is that ST3000DM001 drives have, for me, had a 80% failure rate and the reason it's only reason it's not 100% is that I pulled the only drive that didn't fail after 4 of 5 had died. And these are not unique results, there is a class action suit pending in the US because of the unusual high failure rates of the ST3000DM001. There is no other drive with similar high failure rates, nothing is even close. I think Western Digitals Green 2TB line a few years back is the only drive that comes remotely close.

Again, ST30000DM008 is a different drive series. It could have a different PCB and it could have different plates too. I personally wouldn't risk it, though.. but I guess this is mostly because "Seagate" now gives me a very bad taste in my mouth.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814487265

what about this one?

Just a tip, if you insist on using that ST30000DM008 drive then consider ordering antoher 3TB drive from another brand and RAID1 those drives.

With RAID1 you get 2x the storage cost. Writing speeds will be the same. Reading speeds of the same file will be the same. Reading speeds of games and everything that reads a lot of different files will be faster (open to files at the same time and it reads one file from one drive and one from the other). The real upside is that if one drive fails then you can go doggedly on like nothing happened and order a replacement drive and rebuild and not have any data loss.

I personally use RAID5 and RAID6 for storage (those are my 3TB arrays) and RAID1 on my OS/program SSD (configured --write-mostly on the spinning drive so it just reads the SSD). Harddrives fail eventually, some sooner than others.

I literally just built the same system but with 7700K.

Same mobo and Corsair DDR$ 3200.

Clocked at base voltage to 4.8 no problem.

This one pass the test?
pcpartpicker.com/list/GxKDKZ

>pcpartpicker.com/list/GxKDKZ

Don't buy crappy MSI mobo

But but the reviews were good?
Do they just not last as long?

MSI has some of the best quality control and longevity out of the big brands. So long as you don't buy as rock you can't really go wrong tbqh.

>Asus mobo
>Seagate
Just

Not in gaming memeboy

>$1400 PC with only 4 threads
Is this a joke?
Kill yourself, faggot.

>600p
Has worse performance than some mid range SSD, waste of an m.2 slot
>850w
Overkill, a better quality lower eat would have been better.
>horrendously overpriced motherboard for that processor
>$150 for 16GB of 3200C16 RAM
lol
>shit monitor
>watercooling
I mean I guess it's worth it?

Pretty shit OP, I'd be ashamed

4 intel threads that destroy 16 amd threads

Get a 1070 you fucking mong and use western digital hard drive instead of seagate.

>$1700
>i5
>1060
nice b8 m8, i r8 8/8

Is OP supposed to be a gaming PC? Is that why he overspent on the motherboard, ram, cpu cooler, and power supply, but cheaped out on the graphics card?