Why does korea and japan have such a low productive output per person...

why does korea and japan have such a low productive output per person? i thought east asia was this futuristic automated tomorrowland. is america and eu to blame for this? are they hampering asians like they do at home with bamboo ceilings? how do we stop this?

muh excessive service

this.

you're expected to work very long hours even if you're not actually doing anything, so productivity as measured by GDP per hours worked is very low

>Number 51
WHY CAN'T WE HAVE NICE THINGS!?

wtf? this is through the year per person, not "per hours worker".

oh fuck i totally misunderstood this thread. my bad

Kill all Chinks. We don't want to the immigration as the slave, but they want money t b h.

From my experience
The more "civilised" the women the more troublesome they are

That's why you see Nicaraguan couples with 6-8 kids, the women are just happy being mothers and not caring about trivial shit like TV drama, because at that point they ain't got money for TV so they have to face life real hard, which makes them develop character.

instead of samefagging maybe find the actual english translation for this? yes advanced economies have a large service sector

Shit. He's right.

>oil and bank niggers at top + USA

Not surprised.

I'm not samefagging.
I meant in general the Japanese laborers are required to cater to every single trivial demand from consumer regardless of how much it pays. Japan is a good place for being a consumer. not for a workers.

ignore the oil/finance/shipping countries

ah the samurai spirit of wasting 2 seconds of labor by saying irasshaimase. i'm sure THIS is the reason. i can't even make sense what you're trying to say. somehow a 'wrong' price is paid? what?

this is why you learn english before coming here, maybe?

Capitalists and school teachers think long time working is beautiful without any conditions.
Japan was strongly affected by SSSR.
Old Japanese are commies or subspecies of commie. And they don't have any subjective symptoms, they are always irrational.

japan has a lower unemployment rate compared to common euros and america. i think it's kinda work sharing policy based on culture to employ as many seemingly redundant people that deteriorate productivity per worker as possible to keep them busy instead of making them live on welfare.

in the Economist, they said that in France the jobs generally have very good benefits but as a result more people don't have jobs

these redundant workers have a reduced productivity, not a net negative productivity. redundant workers increase gdp more than any unemployed ever could so i don't understand how this is even relevant.

Few things

First, nominal GDP is affected by currency exchange rates, which the yen does poorly with when compared with USD for various reasons, so it makes Japan look worse than it is

If you adjust, Japan is at maybe 90% of Germany's GDP per capita. They have a lot of structural issues related to age and that sort of thing and also just general macroeconomic mismanagement

Oh wow they've slid, closer to 80%. Probably has a lot to do with the population pyramid, lots of old people who aren't dying but aren't working and not as many new workers coming into the work field and producing, so your GDP per capita decreases

This phenomenon will probably be observed in much of the Western world, though maybe not in the US with the number of immigrants we get and a lot of folks gonna die early due to diabetes and obesity so they won't leech on retirement

total dependency ratio:
japan 65%
france 60%
uk 55%
germoney 50%
korea 40%

yeah and Japan's dependency ratio numerator is probably stacked toward the 65+ part