...how are you all speaking english?

...how are you all speaking english?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZFD01r6ersw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm not. You're simply imagining things.

oh shit waddup

How are you not?

It's just a prank

With a combination of impulses into muscles located around the mouth

本真英語分かんないねん

mas eu não tô

I am a Greek
ignore yugo- and russhits

glooge traslate

Google translated

I was taught at a very young age and gradually built upon it over years of learning.

now
i
am
the
master

It's my first language because of colonialism :^)

English is the natural language of the human being. All humans can speak if they try.

All the other languages drifted away from English after the tower of Bable was destroyed by God. The purest most original form of English is spoken by the Queen of England.

I still don't know how to use some tenses properly

>Past Perfect
>Present Perfect Simple
>Present Perfect Continuous

>mfw

cartoon Network
Courage is best cartoon and if you don't agree you are not white

based romania

American cultural imperialism

We are all using proxies from non-english speaking countries

because i have no life and browse english websites 16 hrs a day

Courage the Cowardly Dog?

You have good taste, my friend.

This is the truth.

No one really gives a shit, bro. Grammar rules don't make sense to anyone. As long as it sounds about right, it's alright.

El tradutor del Google, ese

I wanted to learn the language of Nicolas Cage.

Are we though?

Gogle.exe is best traducao. Parabains.

I dont even know what those tenses mean

Tout ça n'est qu'un produit de ton imagination.

En réalité c'est la Matrice qui traduit tout.

baly

as long you get your point across who gives a shit

Honestly, I don't remember that shit either.

I stayed in school and I'm not obama.

I didn't know you could learn incoherent yelling as a second language.

I don't. I simply muster all my hate for Denmark and English comes out.

va vill du din pilltonge?

Vocaroo desu "OH NO! NOT THE BEES! AHHHH AHHHHHH!"

What do you think "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ" and the rest of argiespeak are?

Why do you hate Denmark though?

You'd hate your country too if it were tiny and flat and made of legos.

Je ne parle pa anglais

m-mitä?

what is english?
french is language of france
german is language of germany
english is language of england

what is language of america ?

usa has no official language but it is primarily english

Children of Britain :^כ

>what is language of america ?
Freedom

Back in 13 colonies days a lot of early Americans spoke German, Dutch, French and Spanish. After the revolution the Anglo-American ruling class of the young Republic made English the official language.

There were Dutch cities like New York, German states like Pennsylvania and French states like Maine, as well as a lot of Spanish in the south (Georgia and the Carolinas).

>Ran, jumped
>Run, jump
>Running, jumping

They actually have a chance to practice the language and it gets taught well.

They don't have to practice their English with criminals, illegals, and maids like Americans have to with Spanish

>They don't have to practice their English with criminals, illegals, and maids like Americans have to with Spanish

I've never met a gringo in my life and i speak english fairly well even though my practice has been negligible

Well you also aren't a mexican and can speak correctly. Why do mexicans have both the worst Spanish and English accent?

have to. My brother and sister were the only ones who spoke our native language cause they're older and I was pretty much raised English speaking

What's life like in the outback? Why is it like the 3rd world? Will things ever get better for Aborigines?

Eu nao falo ingles tambem

i'm not abo, by native language i should've clarified it was Croat

It's a central american thing. Have you ever heard puelto licans talk? They're a disgrace.

By the way, i quickly googled some stuff related to mexican accent and the butthurt in the comment sections was so strong i thought i was watching canadians writing in spanish

Technically A, I , O and U are dipthongs not vowels

Opinion on Yugoslavia? Was Hitler right about Croats? Do you identify as Venetian (like that one Greek-poster)?

I love British humour. Dont you love British humour? I love British humour.

Everybody studies English since they are very young

Monty Python! I've got a pocket full of coconuts. OO-AR-OO-AR! Tooty-fruity point and shooty. XD I luv britis comedie!!!

This

I was taught once in high school that the US was *this* close to having German as an official language, but I never saw a source on it.

Guess what bro, there is no single definitive grammar system. Don't worry about it so much. If you are communicating effectively it does not matter if you have perfect grammar as decided by some arbitrary collection of somebodies.

I bought AN Xbox last week.
Where is your god now?

I graduated a A History major?

or an history major?

I use google translate
This is a beautiful wood, culture and fun mail

Bullshit, German was extremely prevalent prior to WW1 ( about as much as Spanish is today). However, simply the fact that the US were a British colony from the start and under the Crown's protection guaranteed that English would be most important.

Do the US even have an official language though?

Not the US as a whole. Some states do, at least two that I know of have English and French, and my retarded state has like 20 official languages because the lame duck governor decided to include the eskimo languages.

no, and there's all sorts of moral hysteria from the left every time it is suggested we name English as our official language. IIRC you could get a ballot and voter's pamphlet for the city of Seattle in at least six languages. English, Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Cambodian, and Russian, plus a few others like Ukrainian and Laotian and Japanese.

There was a big push about a hundred years ago to only educate in english, which did all sorts of damage, particularly to the Cajun culture, but overall it was Radio (and later television) that really made it so everyone had to speak english.

Google translate

You're telling me this book lied to me?

nique ta mère fils de pute

It's just a bit of banter bro

If the 'h' is not silent there is no reason to use 'an'.
But people also argue this rule can vary depending on the accent, but desu I never put much thought into it, I just go with what sounds more natural to me.

I think most people say "a history major"

In the Czech Republic, the consonants won, and sent all their vowels to death camps.

Also that book looks like it was written with the aid of lots of drugs.

Yeah, the 'h' in this word doesn't sound silent to me, so I would go with 'a history' as well.

Someone bullshitted you quite hard

I think it was a metaphor for something, but I'm not sure what. I thought it was the Civil War, but then I reread it and it had a lot more of a class warfare thing going on.

Vowels master race though.

Foreigners have an advantage. All the best movies, video games, books, and shows are in English while France and most other countries don't have any quality literature or media.

Also the English speaking world is big so the few non-English media that are worth something get translated into English.

If the sound after it is a consonant its a, if its a vowel its an

As AN official language? Not that hard to believe. As THE official language? Yeah, that's bullshit.

It was never close to being an official language

I just wish Americans spoke in London accents instead of in raspy whispers

Yeah, I expect so. It was mentioned in the directions on some assignment as an example of the importance of voting. IIRC the exact quote was "one vote gave us English instead of German."

Retard

Škrt plch z mlh Brd pln skvrn z mrv prv hrd scvrnkl z brzd skrz trs chrp v krs vrb mls mrch srn čtvrthrst zrn.

What if we're all actually speaking our native languages, but we just think we're speaking the same language to each other because our minds have sychronised?

Because it has only 26 characters.

cartoon network

That must be it

Lol wtf even are those

>pooland
also damn sweden, denmark and the netherlands

Thank God I didn't actually learn English on Sup Forums because otherwise I'd be royally fucked. I only started posting here when my English was already pretty decent and although I remember that when I first started coming here back in 2006 I spoke relatively little English, I still learned English the old-fashioned way (i.e. school) with the help of movies and such.

I guess most of you only started learning English because you either wanted to be able to communicate with people of other nationalities or simply wanted to be able to watch movies and series in their original English versions.

I, on the other hand, became completely enthralled with the English language as soon as I started learning it at school, which quickly made me the best in class. I genuinely viewed English as a wonderful and beautiful language to learn and not just as a simple means of communication. I didn't just want to learn English, I wanted to be able to speak it perfectly, I wanted to become a native speaker in all but name. I am obsessed with English, which is why it will come as no surprise that I'm an English major at university. I am also very interested in languages in general, so that even before I started studying English linguistics I already knew a lot about e.g. English phonology.

After studying this language for more than eight year and also getting a few Cambridge ESL certificates (including the C2 one called "Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English") I would consider myself to be perfectly proficient in English and there have been occasions where I even knew the meaning of an English word that an actual native speaker didn't know the meaning of. (Concrete example: The British girl teaching me the CPE course didn't know what "impetus" meant, while I certainly did).

When I spent a few weeks in England about three years ago, my host family complimented me on my English, saying that I spoke "better English than some English people".

Hello. We're talking about language.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFD01r6ersw

fuckin nerd lmao