Jewvidia fucked me over by removing analog support from their cards...

Jewvidia fucked me over by removing analog support from their cards. Got my 960 replaced for a 1060 that had no fucking DVI-I and now i have to use some chink adapter for my shitty VGA monitor.

The issue is that the signal goes out whenever it finds some random picture on Sup Forums or other random shit from other sites, and if i minimize the window it turns on again. Is the chink adapter faulty or do i need to configure HDMI somehow?

Get a new monitor, jesus.

>analog in 2017

But this one works fine.

Jesus, it's having seizures just from this fucking thread.

How do i figure if its the VGA cable, the adapter or the monitor itself?

In the OP you listed a bunch of reasons why it didn't work fine. Join the 21st century to fix your problems.

His monitor's fine, his GPU's the issue. DVI-D was a mistake.

>Expecting chinkshit to actually work
Ohh boy doggy this one's a big doozy folks
How old is your shit-ass monitor anyway? It can't be worth keeping if all it's got is VGA.

>Jewvidia fucked me over by removing analog support from their cards

Just how long must we support dead standards ?
let's bring back AGP , ISA and serial connections as well !

>my shitty VGA monitor
>shitty
You already admitted which part of your system is shitty.

RS-232 never went anywhere, in fact there's a pretty good chance your motherboard has a header for it.

No, his GPU is fine, his monitor is the issue. If I have a Commodore 64 that 'still works' I can't call everything else not compatible with it the source of the problem you dumb cunt.

Get a new monitor you stupid twat of an OP.

Eat a dick, the GPU's a piece of shit because of DVI-D

>Get a new monitor you stupid twat of an OP.
seriously

Stop being retarded.

Why the fuck do you want to cuck yourself with such a low resolution anyway.

>Jewvidia

AMDpoo did the same with their 4xx series.

Time to adapt to the new technologies grandpa

>DVI to vga

>HDMI to vga

is there any difference?

Yes, some DVI ports and cables are backwards compatible with VGA. HDMI is not the same and in most cases won't work even with a special HDMI to VGA cable.

I bought 5 of these 'shitty chink adapters' off of Ali for $3 each and they all work fine. Either OP got chinked and his is broken, or OP's monitor is shitty. I'd say the latter.

see pic

I had your problem and everything is fine now
For your DVI-I or VGA buy an ACTIVE Displayport adapter
Don't buy HDMI is useless on that case
So far no problems on Displayport don't forget to update your mainboard bios to the latest

>the issue is (...)
No the issue is you're still using a VGA piece of crap.

if someone blow up ur car and I tell u to get a new car what would u feel nigga ?

I too, am disappointing that nvidya doesn't support outdated video outputs like component or S-video on their modern hardware.

You fucking faggots, whats wrong with VGA? I bought the monitor about five years ago and everything would be fine if instead of the shit DVI-D they put the four fucking pins to not have my shit fucking up.

Tell me then, whats goes so wrong in throwing in DVI-I instead of D? Why the fuck would someone put HDMI and DVI D, both digital signals, at the same fucking time.

Long enough so all the shit that used the dead format are actually dead. Bullshit programmed obsolescence.

>whats wrong with VGA?
Even with high quality analog signal and redundantly shielded cables, it still looks like shit compared to digital signal.

> by removing analog support
Only a VGA port, analog signal is still supported through Displayport.
> HDMI
It does not support analog signal, you dun goofed. Buy a proper DP to VGA passive adapter.

> in throwing in DVI-I instead of D?
It's the other way around, I believe "D" stands for "Digital".

That's what he said. He's asking if there's any reason legitimate reason to use DVI-D over DVI-I

>analog signal is still supported through Displayport
what?

DP sends both analog and digital signals which makes passive DP to VGA adapters possible.

According to Wikipedia both dual-link DVI and VGA need active adapters.

>Upgrading from a 960 to a 1060
Why?

More like if someone made a new program and you can't run it because you won't upgrade from Windows XP

I'd still get a new car.

Software upgrades don't cost money.

If the software is free or you acquire it illegally, sure. You can acquire monitors illegally too if that's your thing.

Well yeah but illegally acquiring Windows doesn't get you a criminal record.

replacement, not upgrade.

Needing to put analog buffer on the card.

You can go to a Goodwill electronics store right now and pick up a monitor with Displayport output for $20~$30. They'll even let you test it there on site before you buy it.

>monitor with video out
Why?

Why did you buy a 1060 before making sure it had what you needed?

As i said, i bought a 960 with DVI-I, the fan was faulty so the store replaced it with a 1060 with no fucking analog output.

$10 passive adapter is fine, I use a three-display setup with two DP to VGA adapters. All three of them are FullHD.

use a vga to display-port adapter, it can accept the analog signal

Monitor: About $100-200 for a really nice one
Car: $12,780 Nissan Versa S Sedan

You're a fucking moron. Monitors are cheap.

Nvidia doesn't work with the true master race of FW900 owners.

>Jewvidia fucked me over because I'm too retarded to check what outputs their card has

>white ppl problem

>bought a quality converter
>works fine with my AMD

CRT and AMD master race.

Read the fucking thread.

Nope, my rx480 came with a DVI connector and a DVI to VGA adaptor. Try harder shill.

There's DVI-A, DVI-I and DVI-D. Until a while all cards had DVI-I so it was compatible with a VGA adapter and no further issue, but for anything to work these days you need an active converter, and mine fucks up sometimes.

I'll see if i can get one for DP.