What text editors/IDEs do you use for programming? I've been using Atom for about a month and I love it...

What text editors/IDEs do you use for programming? I've been using Atom for about a month and I love it. Only complaint is that it's slower than most other editors (guessing it's just because it's Electron based), but it's still adequately responsive.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/hackwaly/vscode-ocaml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sublime Text

nvim

Sublime Text 3 Dev, PyCharm Community Edition, nano.

>pycharm
retard tier

IntelliJ, Visual Studio and Sublime at home, Eclipse at work

Vim, sometimes emacs.

I don't need an IDE for my pajeet-tier scripts.

Emacs+Slime

Vim, but most of my programming is just simple "implement DES CBC encyrption"-tier shit for classes I'm taking now

Vim.

Nano if I am just altering text files in a virtual machine I dont want to install Vim on.

Get into puppet if you want an easy way to customize vim on multiple machines.

ed

Is that pascal?

VS Code

Visual Studio Code (Not joking, not a shill.)

Lightyears faster than Atom, cross-platform, and great out the box functionality.

I want to spend more time with spacemacs but I haven't done it yet.

Emacs. Its what all the big guys use.

(OP)

Visual Studio Code with OCaml extension
github.com/hackwaly/vscode-ocaml

DevC++

ObjectPascal

Visual Studio Code

vim w/ plugins
i dont get sublime users

>i dont get sublime users
Sounds like a personal problem.

Qt-createor

makes my eyes bleed

Vim > Emacs > Notepad++ > Atom > Sublime > *

Work: Xcode, MATLAB itself, vim (for text editing and shell scripts)
Home: vim

This.

Cat and file redirection.

VS Code

Vim

Java - intelliJ
C / C++ - vim
PHP / Javascript (anything web related really) - Atom

Nice what do you do with the caml? Why not use haskells?

>haskell

Honestly, it's really good. My only complaint is that it doesn't auto complete pointers via the '->' but I guess that's okay

I use neovim for Haskell and Rust.

I use IntelliJ for Scala.

Been Using Visual Studio Code for ASP.NET. Very nice.

>tfw everyone at work makes fun of me for using atom

Scite

>not coding in LaTeX
smdh f.am

I stopped using Atom because it chokes on big files.

I use Vim as my casual editor and Eclipse (with a vim keybindings plugin) as my IDE.

Visual studio pro

its comfy because everything is literally here. from planning to deployment

i would cum instantly if they added music playerplayer

>mfw retards using vim must be the most inefficient programmers in the world

I just hope everyone is trolling.

They just code hello world in C

Eclipse for IDE, vim or Atom for editor
(Dreamweaver for HTML, I cannot find anything to replace this that's better)

Vim is slow, and IDE has everything included

Vim, and Emacs if I'm working on bigger stuff.

If you can't use vi proficiently you're simply not a unix person in any meaningful way

lol you obviously don't know how to program

the world's best programmers have a few things in common:

- they're all great at math
- they use Vim or Emacs proficiently
- they use C as a main language

there's no exceptions to this. either fit into the groups above or you're n n o o t t t t h h i i n n g g.
if you can't use vi / emacs you're micromachines, you're pajeet. you're doing the needful. you're ptolemaic astronomy. you're javascript. if i had to shake your hand i'd rush for hand sanitizer after you left the room and make fun of you in front of the rest of the team

Look at the retard everybody

t. unemployed neet

Do you have all the ASP.NET magical bullshit committed to memory? I seriously doubt you are really using it outside of the full Visual Studio.

nice try, bachelors degree in fucking java faggot. have fun debugging your shitty Spring Enterprise bullshit stacked on other bullshit that's been built by other retards

enjoy your life writing shitty code for shitty enterprise applications that everyone hates

I'm not even a ~real programmer~, just a hardware engineer who works on FPGAs for a defense company, and i can run circles around you.

People who can't use basic text editors yet consider themselves programmers are the worst

>doesn't know how to use essential Unix utilities

you're going to get laughed out of real interviews, user.

Sublime, Brackets, Visual Studio, RubyMine,and Geany on the occasion. I used to use Notepad++ when I first started

Visual studio code.

That's because the greatest programmers are oldfucks who grew up with c and cli editors only.

World is moving on, pops. 1980s autism is no longer cool.

Cringed too hard and made me reply.

gvim for the heavy stuff
gedit for scripting
retext for markdown and web shit

People complain about VS being heavy, but is ok to download an IDE which is twice as heavier just because it isnt made by MS?

nano

geany
Im an intermediate beginner

sublime registerd with the CIA key

----- BEGIN LICENSE -----
Affinity Computer Technology
10 User License
EA7E-909026
D64472BD FA040F1B 20F23C0D 114D57E4
AF4DDFDC A3FDDA29 00319FA1 91EE46D2
B3210738 54154723 F12511D6 950F839D
C5A83395 76EAEC5B FC25B644 9802A931
28A62A8C 9483EC49 E28E1A3B 997FA0FA
678ED4D3 2F4C2645 8E88274C 8AC599C2
F2D578D3 DF19037B 544F5304 18F3F196
6F1AC83E 2E1FCE1D BA74F528 1340A09F
------ END LICENSE ------

That graph shows that GVim is faster than any other IDE tested except for IDEA in experimental low-latency mode. What point are you trying to prove with it?

>doesn't realize less latency is better

disgusting. did you have justinMK's dick in your mouth as you typed that or do you just pay respects when he comes-a-callin?

neovim is made by a cuck who LITERALLY couldn't submit patches to vim anymore because his coding practices were so shit.

so he cloned the git repo, threw out all the code he didn't understand (compatibility with anything beyond a tty), and claimed superiority because the codebase was smaller. That was the first iteration of neovim. Donors paid 20k for that.

vim+tmux

>experimental low-latency mode
>experimental
its on by default in latest releases

is that intelliJ IDEA?

>GVim is faster than any other IDE
Vim is a text editor, not an IDE. It was never intended to be an IDE. It will never be able to compete with an IDE like Intellij, especially now when it got rekt in speed by IDE written in java..

Some people learned Vim in the 90s and got stuck in their comfort zone rejecting anything new because it challenges their rigid mindset. Now they fear all the time they spent researching how to configure vim, monkey-patching abandonware plugins, etc is wasted, because modern IDE has everything out-of-box, including vim, and just werks.

This triggers the vim user

Why do so many Silicon Valley hipsters use Vim then?

khan academy

PyCharm
Sublime Text 3
Code::Blocks

why do so many people rejected the idea that Earth is round, saluted Hitler and burned every innovator on the cross?

because most people are stupid and submit to hivemind

>indian

lol no wonder you're using Vim and C..

get fucking aids

lol

you can tell these guys were the guys who went to university to get a degree in computer science and spent the first few days figuring out how to SSH. just admit it, you don't know vi, and your history is full of StackOverflow answers for 'how to write a for loop in bash' and 'how to set environment variables in Windows'

you don't know how to use Vi
you've probably never even really used Unix

have fun writing enterprise Java and never knowing anything about computers or technology

>tfw this retard makes assumptions about a person on user image board, while i'm fizzbuzzing my int*(*(*(*god_tier)())[1337])(); in godly CLion while casually reading Tanenbaum Modern OSs 4th ed

i advice you to suck dick

It literally has telemetry in it you fucking retards.
Have fun with the botnet.

GNU screen vertical split with nano up top (w/ syntax highlighting) and terminal on the bottom