/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Comfy, edition.

Previous thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker disservice by providing members with opportunities for shitposting development, by recognizing tracker drama competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/LQxkS1mU
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
IRC #ptg irc.rizon.net 6697/9999 SSL only

>News
9gag from 5 years ago OP, please just STOP!

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have /marked/ users from here before.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users sucking cock for invites and when you cum, they ban you for inviting strangers
>This is a thread for time wasting purposes only don't offer or suck cock for invites.

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentinvites.org/trackerlist.php
strawpoll.me/12482751
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Threadly reminder

Isn't that a bit old?

still funny

this is pretty pathetic 2bh

Hello PTP staff

what's dumb is not to understand that lossless>lossy>lossless affects quality. Autism is strong with lilbooty.

Lossy to lossless doesn't. That's why it's called "lossless." I encode lossy to lossless all the time.

What IRC client is that?

>permission to pls read my link senpai?

You're right, but why do you that that? What's the point?

Don't worry sir, you will never be failed at the great APOLLO interview. Be welcomed to try it today!
Have a blessed interview!

>Lossy to lossless doesn't.
before it was lossy, it was lossless, right? so quality is affected.
Why would you ever want to expand shitty mp3?

Wow, that interviewer is a fucking retard. A lossy to lossless transcode does NOT result in a loss of data. It's against the rules on the site because the end result is still lossy.

How could lossless compression ever result in the loss of data? Pretty sad that an interviewer doesn't understand something so basic.

mfw I go to Torrentinvites.org to have a laugh and see broken English faggots offering invites to hundreds of shitty trackers I have never even heard of, in exchange for HDB invites.

The interviewer only asked lossy to lossless. That's lossless.
Also, almost nothing we torrent is source lossless except software/digital art. Microphones and cameras are lossy devices, so even if their output is captured losslessly it's still a lossy-->lossless transcode.

retard

I'm not gonna lie. I was totally on the side of PTH in the beginning. But over time, I have lost faith.

They refuse to change anything from WCD, even if it results in an improvement. Both the new name and the way they handled the change seems to have been handled by a 12 year old. I don't remember clueless interviewers like spewing so much misinformation WCD.

At this point, I wish Apollo would finally implement a proper bonus system. I think it would attract many RED users, forcing RED staff to get their shit together.

torrentinvites.org/trackerlist.php

Oppaitime, level 1 tracker. LMFAO BTFO, RIP. Shill that shitty tracker elsewhere Spaghetti, even the subhumans at TI think your tracker sucks.

What did you expect?

>the new name
Two new names. They changed the tracker url some time earlier.

fla.cs.foryouand.me.com.net.org

WTF does IPT really have 1.5 million members?

all the trackers for faggots should be 1

ask /ourguy/ Microsoft

t. Z

they did change the fact you can now trump the 0.99 EAC log perfect flac, so it's kind of improvement over WCD... even if I think it's pretty retarded to kill swarms for nothing else than a checksum.
But you are very right about the name

>music trackers
kek

glad i put all my eggs in APOLLO's basket!

enjoy your library missing out 100k releases

Which is why REDaterded is my backup.

:O)

where did you see this?

Anyone know the invite forum at gazellegames?

>level
What does it mean?

kinda like a tier list. It's trash anyway though

dressedwell (Moderator) (The most interesting man in the world) 7 minutes ago

>Hey peeps, please remain calm. Keep all hands and feet inside the tram car please.
>Be sure to locate all personal items so that you do not forget them.
>We will make an announcement soon, EVERYTHING IS OKAY. Thanks for being patient

Huh

just TehC news

312c laughs at teh

he laughs at everything to hide the pain

I wouldn't be surprised at all. Last I heard it had 700k users back in 2015. The policy has been growth at all costs for the last 5 years.

can't even really call it private tracker

enjoy your noseeds:
RED:
Enabled users: 18,660 -> 21,737 (+3,077)
Torrents: 750,806 -> 867,942 (+117,136)
"Perfect" FLACs: 353,319 -> 412,460 (+59,141)
Snatches: 1,753,182 -> 2,437,284 (+684,102)
Seeders: 1,967,859 -> 2,406,708 (+438,849)
APL:
Enabled users: 38,909 -> 40,370 (+1,461)
Torrents: 609,272 -> 650,567 (+41,295)
"Perfect" FLACs: 243,613 -> 273,983 (+30,370)
Snatches: 3,745,982 -> 4,123,604 (+377,622)
Seeders: 2,271,344 -> 2,240,159 (-31,185)

>they lost 1% of seeds!
>noseedlol
still amuses me that everyone thinks this is a competition between RED and APL, it's not

you're a fucking moron if you're all in on a singular tracker for *any* type of media

>you can pay to join
>1.5m members
really makes you think!

x264.me, why are you so retarded at DDoS mitigation? look around and realize at the zero other sites using a captcha

>no news

:^)

no, it's definitely bullshit

The owner has ties to the Taliban
they're lying cunts

Spaghetti, I have a reddit rant for you.

>Latest News
>TCO Encode of the Month - February :: Posted 1 month, 1 day ago
try again

>using x264meme
oh shit nigger, what are you doing?

hi kyle
gotta work on that English son, it's a dead giveaway

forum you stupid fucking white trash

Kek what an idiot interviewer.

The death of swarms continue. I think all of this was essentially a bait and switch. They could've (and should've) implemented this in the very beginning. The logs could've been rechecked and rescored later after they brought the logchecker up to snuff.

A bait and switch for what point?

oh shit nigger, it's projected to take almost a year to make hdb!
tehc goes down! (you idiots acting like this was the first time are fucking /neeeeeeeeeeeeew/)

get some backups!

oops

some retarded users whine so much in the forum about the no-checksum-before-2017-is-fine policy, it seems the noise has affected their judgment.

>just TehC news
>TehC news
>news

then use the right word, you fucking twatcannon

That's one of their worst decision. It's been proven that EAC checksums can be faked so they add nothing of value, instead they're pushing people to upload bad rips with faked logs.
They could've avoided trashing perfectly fine swarms by letting people trump ONLY 0.99 rips with logs that had bad CRCs with 1.0 logs with checksum. They could've also automated this very easily, but they're retarded.

>x264 backup
oh im laffin

nigger it is news

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>twatcannon
neck yourself cuck

Getting all of the old wcd uploads there as quickly as possible rather than say, "hey, we're going to allow all logs with checksums eventually trump those without them." I doubt the initial uploaders, me being one of them, would've indiscriminately uploaded their wcd stash had this been common knowledge in the beginning. That certainly would've slowed the massive upload numbers early on.

^_^

>bait and switch
i don't think you know what that term means

regardless, PTH is doing a great job at shooting themselves in the foot. if this is what they took *so long* figuring out and getting right, i don't feel easy about the long-term future of the site.

the problem is, there's just no pressure on PTH or APL to be bothered any more than they already have. APL started as a quick grab at the WCD exodus that was large enough to continue on its own, despite /ptg/ memes. PTH can roll around in their inflated perfect FLAC count (which is another rant altogether, you people are idiots for using that number period) all they want but decisions like these and the rename with zero announcement... yikes

nwcd is around, yes, and they're growing. the community is nice, the QA is obviously top notch, but they haven't broken 4k users yet. call me when you're pulling this same quality trick at 10k users. PS nwcd, if you're going to do a bunch of userpicks maybe make sure they aren't easily trumpable. had like 10% of these most recent picks get deleted for bad folder names. isn't that what you niggers are supposed to be hanging your hat on?

ok kiddo

Good point, but I honestly don't think they even thought that far ahead. It seemed like a rush to replace What and then think about how they can improve, as opposed to knowing how they can improve and then thinking about how they can replace What ASAP.

>he's triggered by a single character
is tumblr down or something, how'd you get here user

Someone post an IPT swarm on a popular torrent. How big is it?

>cuck

>bait and switch
this assumes that they knew full well the day they opened that they'd go this route

quit using that term, and quit being so butthurt that your shitty barely-more-than-range-ripped bullshit from 2008 won't count for dick once the dust settles

Maybe, but this was an issue hotly debated on wcd for years. Furthermore, there was a suggestions thread within the first several days of the site's existence calling for the end of grandfathering logs w/o checksums, but the staff had their attention elsewhere.

I should go on a VPN and take an interview to fuck with these faggots. Just pretend I'm some difference form of cancer each time around and make the interview last as long as possible to waste as much of their time as I can. Then at the end post something epic like a big juicy nigger cock and make him bask in my superior sense of humor.

>there was a suggestions thread within the first several days of the site's existence
OH LAWDY STOP THE PRESSES
THERE WAS A THREAD ABOUT IT

in the suggestion forum
of a brand new site
at that time when it was fullpanic

holy shit listen to yourself justify your shitty fucking seeds. i'm going to be so happy to see you BTFO!

for a bunch of fucks that whine so much about MUH QUALITY you sure love all these terrible rips from years ago still

Kyle, please.

don't you have anything better to do with you time

yeah you should
waste all your free time on it
that'll show em

>using a picture of the smiley with a carat nose

>I forgot taking muh meds today

The suggestion forum had staff commenting in it (rather than removing posts these days) taking account of the positions from both sides. Not only did you forget to take your meds, but you seem to be a product of special needs education, as you failed to take note that my post advocated for the removal of grandfathering log's from the get-go rather than dealing with the current mess on hand.

>goes full strawman
really makes you think!

ITT: toilet water

can we step up our post quality a little bit, friends? this is embarrassing!

your precious little position turned out to be on the wrong side if history
you're blown the fuck out
quit crying so fucking hard about it

no, he can not

=ATTENTION PLEASE=

What's your favorite torrent client, /ptg/?

strawpoll.me/12482751

=ATTENTION PLEASE=

hashtag bitch nigga

man that boy TARS....

rtorrent

qbt for windows
deluge for *nix
>windows deluge still has a memory leak in python

>qbt ever

>anything but rtorrent
literally why

to whoever voted qBittorrent, seriously reconsider that suicide you pussied out of last night

What's wrong with qbt?