Signal Video and Opus Audio calling now out of a beta and used by default

>Changes in 3.31.0:
Video calling and improved audio calls are now enabled by default.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.

apkmirror.com/apk/open-whisper-systems/signal-private-messenger/signal-private-messenger-3-31-0-release/signal-private-messenger-3-31-0-android-apk-download/

Also, a friendly reminder that the media is being stupid and reporting that Signal and other encrypted apps have been compromised by the CIA when it is actually iOS and Android that are compromised.

techcrunch.com/2017/03/07/is-signal-app-safe-wikileaks/

>
Also, a friendly reminder that the media is being stupid and reporting that Signal and other encrypted apps have been compromised by the CIA when it is actually iOS and Android that are compromised

serious question: what's the point of using an encryption app on a phone if the OS's are compromised? Doesn't that make the app effectively useless if it can be circumnavigated through a compromised OS?

Worthless feature creep that no one needs.

It's a text chat app for christ sakes. This is why conversations or xabber are the only 2 Sup Forums approved messengers.

xabber is free and is getting OMEMO support soon. Theres no more reason to use this garbage anymore.

>what's the point of using an encryption app on a phone if the OS's are compromised? Doesn't that make the app effectively useless if it can be circumnavigated through a compromised OS?

Patch the OS. Also, CIA doesn't care about you, goy.

>It's a text chat app for christ sakes.

You must be one of those worthless NEETs who has a panic attack if they get a phone call.

Every IM app should have VOIP at the very least. We are adult age human beings with mouths and tongues, not faggoty pre-teens and teenagers who stare at a screen for hours twiddling their thumbs to type.

>We are adult age human beings with mouths and tongues, not faggoty pre-teens and teenagers who stare at a screen for hours twiddling their thumbs to type.
The fact that I am adult is exactly why I don't have time to sit their yapping on the phone. With texts you can communicate at your leizure instead of feeling obligated to talk to someone just because they feel like taking your time right now.

>riot shill at it again

What do you use?

>sit their
>leizure

Retard.

Teens text, adults engage in conversation.

What does Signal/OWS have to do with Riot??

your mom

You made me cringe.

I've been using the webRCT beta for about a month now, call quality is greatly improved.
The only complaint so far is that the phone gets uncomfortably hot after like 10 minutes.

Wire is miles ahead of signal

Lol says the mongoloid posting on an Iberian Goat Milking Forum

I don't have the play store and I don't have an update. what gives?

Signal should autoupdate?

good

Thats because voip over tcp is a dumb idea. Voip generally runs over udp. Using it over tcp is very cpu intensive. Something im sure the signal devs didnt even consider.

Why did they choose to use TCP then ? Looking at github this should be addressed in the latest version.

Because it's probably easier to encrypt tcp traffic than udp traffic.

K, have to admit I'm no expert in this, but I'll look into it.

Just had a ~30 minute call running the latest version and the phone definitely gets less hot.

they updated to the latest webrtc version

Usernames when.

I'd imagine the non-guaranteed delivery of packets UDP provides makes it difficult for the encrypted part. I'm not an expert on this though.

Never. Besides why wait for features that Conversations already has?

Because I want others to be able to use it. But well whatever, Wire it will be.

Wire master race reporting in.

This, however I use both.

Sauce on these claims? I specially remember reading in the wiki leaks that all these chat or texting apps have been compromised.
CIA pls go

We may be getting random user ID's soon.

wire shills fuck off