Why do you still use a smartphone, Sup Forums...

why do you still use a smartphone, Sup Forums? Why don't you install androidx86 on a virtual machine and use dumbphone which has weeks of standby time? This way you won't be angry because of no updates, can backup your OS easily, and add RAM whenever you want, and you won't have to spend 300 dollars every two years

Other urls found in this thread:

osdn.net/projects/android-x86/releases/65890
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How am I supposed to sext my girlfriend then?

>install androidx86 on a virtual machine
Runs like absolute shit, a 2nd gen i5 by now is not fast by any mean but surely shouldnt struggle with this, runs all desktop OSes in VMs without problems.

pentium t4200 here. you can install it on your usb drive and use it whenever you need; i don't have hardware virtualization so i installed to my usb and got 50k on antutu. Not bad for a pentium. It was pretty smooth

why do people not run android on an encrypted vm and run a threadbare OS with just a remote display server on their phone?

for what purpose

I'm not a neo-luddite stuck in the 00s

>weeks of standby time
I'd say oukitel K10000 but it was made after 2007-2010 which is when you gave up and you won't acknowledge it exists

>300 every two years
Yes the only choices available are retail box stores with their 500% markup

dumbphone shits are the biggest retards

How do you make a Live CD/DVD of this?
or something more UI friendly like RemixOS

what do you mean by "live cd"? you can just write it to usb and use it as live, or use another usb and install android on it to make changes permanent. I didn't tried burning dvd image for years tbqh
RemixOS is already based on android x86, use it if you think it looks good
oukitel k10000 isn't powerful as other phones and you'll feel buyer remorse whenever you see LG, Samsung S, iPhone [insert model number], with their 4k displays, snapdragon 845s, and triple cameras, you'll feel like shit and want to buy one, which will make you buy new phones when new models come again

My advice is just not playing this game and screwing smartphones, especially if you don't use mobile data inside your home

Maybe it's my lack of english but i don't understand any shit from "retail box stores with their ℅500 markups", dumb phones are pretty cheap, and you have option to buy a chink credit card size phone which uses usb port so you can use a powerbank with your dumbphone

I mean instead of using a USB flash drive,
I'd use CD/DVD instead.
Reasons? the machine I use doesn't support USB booting/ doesn't have usable USB ports.
And why is RemixOS considered chinese botnet?

files are .iso so that should be same as ubuntu, i guess, just install some image writer or windows might have a tool for that
it's considired botnet because
>it isn't open source
>it is made by chink company
know that live cd/dvd performance is slower than usb/hard drive i hardly even could move mouse with lubuntu on my 2002 pc

That's a lie.
USB uses pooling when transferring HID data.

This is a good idea.

what is best Android Emulator ?
I want to see snapchat stories and such

Bluestacks is shit, didn't test Andy yet

Got a link to an iso? I dont want some chink botnet.

Android is a botnet, see wikileaks

because I need a phone and not a computer when I'm out of the house unlike you dumbfuck

I know but

CIA Niggers Botnet != Chinese Botnet

If even pajeets can make botneted custom roms imagine what the chinks can do.

>Android Emulator ?
remix, although it doesnt do webcams which bluestacks does.

Can't emulate Android since Google has a special relationship with Intel that shafts AMD users.

x86 is 32 bit shit

I'll try remixOS on VirtualBox, will post when I get it working

AmiDuOS emulator works fine

osdn.net/projects/android-x86/releases/65890
There's also CM port, if you're interested
there's also x86_64 builds which means 64 bit, if you meant that
>i need a phone
then why are you carrying 5.5 inch, 4GB Ram, 4 cores running at 2.3 ghz ultra portable computer with sim slot?

>threadbare
>making up words

Autism

Why would you rather carry around a laptop to use an os designed for finger usage? Plus not to mention all phones are pretty much smartphones now if you want something decent and not shit.

Uh, because I hate Android, Android is awful, I don't use it because I like it. I just need messaging services on my phone.

>OS based on linux
>no easy way to make it run with linux.

all i'm saying is, if you don't use mobile data on outside, and don't use camera apps like snapchat, it would make more sense to opt-out from smartphones. even if you're not that kind of person there're lots of people that might have the same opinion.
>something decent and not shit
i've never seen a dumb phone with a lag, did you? But i see your point, camera won't be advanced enough and buying a real camera would be harder to carry (even though it'd have superior quality)

all i'm saying is asocial people like me don't need to buy literal pocket computers, when all i need is just whatsapp or similiar apps, i can just use them in my pc

Ah thanks for tbis, gonna give it a chane.

>asocial
>doesn't go out side
>not paying for an actual mobile server because you don't have friends
"Wow user you must really love the basement!"

your fantasies are not bound to any specific platform or OS

I use two phones.