OpenBSD conspicuously absent from all the CIA exploits

>OpenBSD conspicuously absent from all the CIA exploits

Look who was right again, cakeboys.

Other urls found in this thread:

cvedetails.com/top-50-products.php
marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=129236621626462&w=2
cvedetails.com/product/163/Openbsd-Openbsd.html?vendor_id=97
cvedetails.com/product-list/product_type-/vendor_id-0/firstchar-L/page-18/products.html?sha=6167cf5948b6f4a3e6441f0a49f4894dd77a8d07&trc=1269&order=1
8ch
openbsd.org/errata60.html
cvedetails.com/vendor/1594/Gentoo.html
cvedetails.com/product/36/Debian-Debian-Linux.html?vendor_id=23
cvedetails.com/vendor/97/Openbsd.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck off theo

LAMO remember how smug linux children used to be?

not really
cvedetails.com/top-50-products.php

he's referencing this

marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=129236621626462&w=2

>freebsd on the list
>openbsd not on the list
AHAHAHAHA YES YES YES

cvedetails.com/product/163/Openbsd-Openbsd.html?vendor_id=97
Last vulnerability in 2014, before then 2011

Last time there was an active user on the Internet running OpenBSD: 2014, before that 2011

completely misleading
every "linux product" is considered in there: cvedetails.com/product-list/product_type-/vendor_id-0/firstchar-L/page-18/products.html?sha=6167cf5948b6f4a3e6441f0a49f4894dd77a8d07&trc=1269&order=1

this factors in vulnerabilities from dozens of distinct distributions using a variety of different kernels. some distributions like debian have 0 vulnerabilities. some have a few dozen like ubuntu.

>Top 50 Products By Total Number Of *Distinct* Vulnerabilities

BASED NINTENDO

fake news detected

Port OpenBSD to Rust

I don't get it, if all Linux distributions are open source how was the CIA able to put backdoors in them without anyone noticing?

Yeah, but it's the same reason we don't see TempleOS and MS-DOS on the list - no one is using OpenBSD for anything worth exploiting. CIA doesn't care about 3 autists with enough self-hate to run it as the main OS.

It's not backdoors they have put in, it's a vulnerability they have found and exploit: a zero-day vulnerability.

>i-it's only because nobody uses it!!
butthurt CIA nigger detected

He warned us, Sup Forums.

GNU/Linux*

S E C U R I T Y B Y O B S C U R I T Y

Puffy is now smuggier than ever

/thread

8ch DOT net/tech/res/720743.html#q721666

>8ch DOT net/tech/res/720743.html#q721666
breaking news: the accused denies it

Read the post before posting please
>I will point out that Greg did not even work at NETSEC while the OCF
>development was going on. Before January of 2000 Greg had left >NETSEC.
>The timeline for my involvement with IPSec can be clearly demonstrated
>by looking at the revision history of:
> src/sys/dev/pci/hifn7751.c (Dec 15, 1999)
> src/sys/crypto/cryptosoft.c (March 2000)
>The real work on OCF did not begin in earnest until February 2000.

> read the accused denial
get out

Why attack an OS that no one uses?

But nobody uses Linux either, user.

openbsd.org/errata60.html
You are miserable to OpenBSD community too.

Then Linux is safe. Great.

It is effectively a zero-day, you pedantic shit stain.

>openbsd.org/errata60.html

>Package management through a folder of makefiles
>Shitworth web page
>no slack, gitter, github
No wonder there no risk running BSD family. Nobody is running it.

>no github
look on the homepage

>literally the go to OS for network infrastructure appliances
>durr no one is using it because it doesn't have my favourite instant messenger
Terminate your existence.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY

cvedetails.com/vendor/1594/Gentoo.html

It seems like OpenBSD would just be difficult in general to find useful exploits for. They routinely audit the entire source tree, their applications are simple by design to reduce their attack surface, and the entire base system has mitigations enforced by default to stop most kinds of exploits from even working or causing damage in the first place.

I guess it doesn't make sense to work on OpenBSD because whatever they find will probably be fixed and if it's not it can probably be mitigated.

Openssh is bloated as fuck and mentioned countless times in the leaks. Seems like the only difference between OpenBSD and any other OS is the fake reputation of code quality, even if the code isn't audited by much people, so their work is an open blackbox that nobody wants to touch even if they can. iOS, W10, Linux and even FreeBSD is much better target these days.

s
isn't openssh is included in every major os?

>he's still using OpenSSH instead of GNU LSH

why is he wearing glasses without lens?

THEY KNEW ALL ALONG

OpenBSD 6.0 Tightens Security by Losing Linux Compatibility

OpenBSD, one of the more prominent variants of the BSD family of Unix-like operating systems, will be released at the beginning of September, according to a note on the official OpenBSD website.

Often touted as an alternative to Linux. OpenBSD is known for the lack of proprietary influence on its software and has garnered a reputation for shipping with better default security than other OSes and for being highly vigilant (some might say strident) about the safety of its users. Many software router/firewall projects are based on OpenBSD because of its security-conscious development process.

Most significant among the latest security-related changes for OpenBSD is the removal of Linux emulation support. ...

FreeBSD is free too. But you and me are brothers so I will respect your post.

THEO ON SHOELACES SUICIDE

BSDFAGS ON SUPPORT BELTS

DOCTORS HAVE TAKEN AWAY THEIR WATCH AND LIFE

wtf I hate xkcd now

So openBSD is government shit

Multiple ABIs makes the attack surface bigger by design. While you do gain compatibility with applications of a different system you also gain compatibility with their malware and some of their design flaws have to be copied as well. They don't actively support WINE for similar reasons.

OpenBSD confirmed honeypot

>openbsd has no appications
Literally unusable.

>Most significant among the latest security-related changes for OpenBSD is the removal of Linux emulation support. ...
Just disabled mine on FreeBSD. Fuck Linux.

>>OpenBSD conspicuously absent from all the CIA exploits
Makes sense, since the FBI planted a backdoor in its IPsec implementation. That's why OpenBSD is FBI's recommended OS, you know.

Really?
GNOME, firefox, chromium, Emacs, Vim, KDE, libreoffice, etc.
It has pretty much every application also available on linux distros.

>since the FBI planted a backdoor in its IPsec implementation
No, it didn't

Why are you staring at negros? Are you a cuck?

>OpenBSD 6.0
>Last package update was 26-Jul-2016
U N M A I N T A I N E D

That's the -stable branch.

Uncatchable Joe

Just about any embedded OS is Linux-based, fag.

*-release

>try out OpenBSD 6.0
>package manager is so bad, have to write full HTTP paths to where the packages are
>install i3
>start up i3
>all cores instantly max out to 100%
>can't generate i3 config
>everything is frozen
>almost had to buy a new laptop because of this trash os
LMAO. OPENBSD IS TRASH.

laptop was overheating and had to force shutdown.

>package manager is so bad, have to write full HTTP paths to where the packages are

# echo "installpath = mirrors.evowise.com/pub/OpenBSD/6.0/packages/amd64/" >/etc/pkg.conf
# pkg_add i3

There's actually a huge pkg.conf with all of the mirrors in the /etc/examples/. You just have to find your country/region in the file and uncomment the desired mirror then copy it to /etc/

>can't use OpenBSD without it faulting every 5 minutes
pic is related

xmchdjss is so obnoxious.

I am installing FreeBSD right now. What's a good DE that won't lag like shit in FreeBSD?

gnome3

Lumina

Do you have HP laptop by any chance? Try disabling embedded controller if you have trouble with it.

>no one cares to explore exploits for my stamp collection hobby grade os

>Just about any embedded OS is Linux-based, fag.
Citation needed.

He meant every chink grade wifi routers have broken linux as firmware so every other nontrivial SoC must use linux.

Installed it yesterday, i3 works fine.
Performance is better than debian

>[FreeBSD] Performance is better than debian
Why would you lie on the internet?

That's a lie you unfuckable dickless faggot.

>install FreeBSD
>all drivers work out of the box
>install and compile i3-gaps
>install everything else
>port my dotfiles from linux
>only 2 lines need to be changed to work

Does it run a JVM?
In that case it's pretty suitable for some 70% of enterprise software.

I mean, most of the enterprise stuff is built for OpenJDK anyway.

y

Buffer overflow exploits like the heartbleed openssl. Nobody puts those in there on purpose most of the time. They are just mistakes that nobody has found yet expect for the CIA niggers. But mostly they are exploits in certain softwares or only effect certain older distributions not everyone running Linux.

>FreeBSD

OpenBSD only counts the packages that get installed by default. That's like installing the Gentoo Stage 1 tarball and feeling smug about how it has the same amount of vulnerabilities.

>some distributions like debian have 0 vulnerabilities
They kept saying how we were outdated, who's laughing now?

openbsd has a ton of stuff installed by default

quads don't lie. BSD has been a joke since 2000s

Compared to what MINIX?

cvedetails.com/product/36/Debian-Debian-Linux.html?vendor_id=23
It has 981 vulnerabilities, not counting the underlying linux kernel which is another 1712 + 88 of openssh and so on

what the hell is happening in that channel

>OpenBSD features a full server suite and can be easily configured as a mail server, web server, FTP server, DNS server, router, firewall, NFS file server, or any combination of these.
source: wikipedia

Last one was in January. Unless of course you don't count OpenSSH for some reason.
cvedetails.com/vendor/97/Openbsd.html

>chromium
Then why use OpenBSD?

we were talking about the linux kernel, so i posted the vulnerabilities of the openbsd kernel.
why, you are not allowed to use obsd and browse the internet at the same time?

Gentoo Stage 1 tarball doesn't have web server or dns server.

Nintendo doesn't use a UNIX based operating system. Sony uses BSD. Nintendo has their own OS that isn't open source and isn't based on any open sourced OS.

Nintendo uses FreeBSD.

firefox runs better
less bloat, less ram usage, audio driver fuckin works without stupid noise

It was an empirical test of the claimed theoretical advantages of the open source model, and the model obviously failed.

>open source makes it secure
This is the biggest joke ever. Face it, the code is there but no one bothers to go through a 1,000,000+ lines mess, most of which was "contributed" by Pajeets all across India.

Also they receive so many atrocious and poorly written, piss-bad pull requests every day that so long as yours looks pretty and sane it'll get through. Putting malicious code in open source projects is a joke, especially for organizations with as many resources as the CIA.

>it doesn't support what I use so it doesn't work for anybody
You're dumb

they just look for Zero-days because everything is written in C

who pays him?