Just bought this

Just bought this.
GTX 1080 at the price of a 1070.
With a cash back deal plus the rebate it'll be $465.
How did I do?

Fine, the gtx 1080 will be good for a couple years, but i'm sure people will meme the shit out of you for not having a 1080 ti
t. evga 1080 owner

I got memed for getting the 980 for 400 bucks instead of getting the 980ti for double the price.
I don't understand why people do that.

If you need to ask Sup Forums to tell you then you already fucked up

I can't really justify it to myself. Would I be getting $235 worth of a performance increase? Probably not.

Was yours affected by the EVGA thermal issue? It's why I avoided it this time around, I love EVGA for GPUs.

i just bought a used 480 4gb for 100$

i only gaym starcraft.

how did i do? WOOF WOOF BARK BARK.

>he actually thinks he got a good deal
>he thinks 1070s are $465
lmao cuck.
You can get 1070s for $360 with a new game included or two and the R9 Fury for $235-$250.

Since the 1080Ti is on average 35% faster, for about 40% more money, it's actually not bad performance/$. But that's only compared to the overpriced 1080 to begin with.

>Was yours affected by the EVGA thermal issue? It's why I avoided it this time around, I love EVGA for GPUs.
I had to apply pads and so forth on my gtx 1080 yes, prior I had no issues but better safe then sorry.

The resting price for the 1080 will be at $500 or worst case scenario about $450 in sales price. I'd say all in all you did good for waiting on an acceptable price.

R9 fury sucks ass

It's 80-95% as good as 1070 for 65% the cost.

It takes to much power and heats up way too much. I sold mine and got a 1080. It's decent just wasn't for me.

Well get used to it, world is full of meme idiots. Just ignore and move on until you find it incapable of handling newer softwares.

Yes that's true, if you're in a warm climate the R9 Fury can be too hot.

>mfw just cancelled my rx 480 8gb order because the 580 is coming out in a month

How'd I do?

Isn't it just a literal rebrand?

It saddens me that the vast majority of Sup Forums no longer appreciates informed purchase decisions
Why would you lie on the Internet like that?

Probably, rumor is it's 10-15% more performance. Might as well wait and see considering my order was backordered for the past two weeks and I'd have to wait another two weeks before I even get it.

my fury sapphire. wont oc 10mhz lol.

also it has the loudest coil whine ever. and i mean loud. its like someone is holding the tip of a nail gently on one of the fans running at full speed.

but i got it for 50$ because of the coild whine. and then i rapped some insulation on it (yeah it makes it a tad warm lol) but i get like 100fps constant in BF1. so overall not a bad buy.

>MSI
Enjoy the house fire

Does MSI have lower quality standards?

No he's just wanted to green text
>MSI