AM4 mobos out of stock, AMD chips with nothing to use them on

God damn it motherboard vendors get your shit together.
What the fuck are you doing.

just buy the $90 one u dumbfuck faggot

>manletATX
>2 DIMM slots
>B350

No.

you cant OC ryzen anyway.
16gib ramsticks exist.

retard

but b350 supports oc

The 1700 can be OCd over 30% its base clock, which, no small amount of people have done it on the stock cooler.

The B boards can overclock, but there's not enough chokes for a stable system.

Same thing like with RX480? There were like 30 of them combined in all major shops for 6 million people, for like a two weeks. It really wasn't a launch, just beta test.

They blew all their load in the first few days, the difference is AMD has actually bothered stocking their CPUs while mobo dudes have been lagging.

Ryzen has 75C temp limit..
if you dont exactly have a beefy cooler... you're gonna be in trouble
even a NH-D15 struggled for me.

TJmax isn't temp limit, hasn't been for years.
AMD themselves called up OC3D and told them temps around 80C are absolutely fine.

It might not be the temp limit but once it hits 75C the CPU will underclock itself.

I managed to OC mine to 3.8 but it constantly underclocks itself because the stock cooler can't handle it.

Then get something slightly better.
I've seen some people hit 3.9 on 1.35v.

Why not ? Nothing wrong with 2 dimms, you can get 16gb dimms if you want. B350 isn't much different than x370 unless you want to OC a lot (little benefits on Ryzen)

Don't bait the marketing, get something for your needs.

Shit NICs, shit audio, needs expensive DIMMs for memory, shit chokes and mosfets, also fuck mATX in this case.
B boards are budget, I'm not putting a $320 cpu on a $80 motherboard unless I'm not overclocking and are planning on replacing the I/O on it with something else.

Overclocking a regular 1700 is so worth it, it can OC as much as its more expensive brethren.
Immense value.

How can it be fine at 80C when it won't even go past 75C?

Try linpack or OCCT and say that again.

that's more than enough for a 1st gen ryzen, your gonna replace it anyway 2-3 years from now

>AMD MB shortages

I swear if this becomes the 2017 version of these fucking times...

>people buying $255 motheboards that are full of bugs thanks to ANUS QC

Lel

I would be surprised that these cheapo motherboards would even last 2 years.

My cheapo B75 $80 mobo is still going strong.

my msi p67 is still in perfect condition since june 2011

MB shortages?

do you think vendors pissed because they can't make margins on dem PCI lanes on boards?

Vendors are probably busy designing rev.1.1 or 1.2 of all their boards. None of that shit was ready when it hit market. First gen products always suck...