budgie-remix.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dont do it man

Botnet

stop it kevin

youtube.com/watch?v=fVrQdz_x9hs

do you not like superior OSs?

Proof?

Anything and everything can be hacked, Solus is decent tho, so I'd still try it out.

Have you seen the news?

all other distros look like shit, how do solus devs do it?

Great.

Pretty wallpaper

Hi, Kevin. See you in Discord.

doesnt run in a vm

Try again.

Thanks here.

since when kevieboy?

You won't ever get laid with Linux

Wrong, I've had all my girlfriends when I used Linux, and have been getting them since using Linux. My gf Kali and I broke up last Thursday (we dated for almost 5 months), and since Saturday I've been talking with this other girl.

Well, not my gf, but my ex now lol.

You're a nigger

Hey it's kevin the solus shill again.

>using a 2 man team distro

Do what you have to lad.

>Kali
I bet your new girls Jessie too?

Kevin again

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>convince me threads
Literally fucking die. Why should anyone convince you anything?

Reminder that Solus was not on the CIA list of compromised distros.

Reminder that there was no such list.

If all you need is the three programs in the solus repo's then use it. But if you don't want to have to compile all your software from source or use janky third party repos, then use a real Distro.

It's not gentoo.

>janky third party repos
They're replacing it with flatpak

But why would I when it's so comfy?

> not using the superior nix packaging system

good luck with your security nightmare.

kevin pls

You can "kevin" me all you want but you're the one that's missing out :^)

>missing out
On what exactly? It can't be the huge software repos and easily available deb files written for my OS specifically, it can't be the huge community and forums either, because I'm already using Ubuntu.

99% of the software you actually need is available in the repos, the rest can be compiled from source.
I love Solus because it feels more polished than any other OS I've ever used.
I haven't used OSX for any lengthy amount of time so I can't compare there, but in comparison to Windows and all other Linux distros I've used (Ubuntu, debian, kubutu, mint, xubuntu etc.) it's leagues ahead in terms of polish.
Everything has a clear design style and all fits together.
Ubuntu was the closet distro I ever found to coming close to that but even then there were things I hated about it that I would have to change whenever I installed it (changing the horrible default icons, running a script to remove the gloss on the icons, having to disable all the amazon bloat etc.).
Solus looks great and polished out of the box though, and ontop of that it's built pretty much from the ground up so it performs better than most other distros I've ever used too.
The fact that it is only being developed by a relatively small group of people could be seen as a negative but considering how much progress has already been made and how much bespoke software has already been created, I would say it's clearly not an issue.
The lack of a huge community as of now isn't an issue either because there's still few enough people in the IRC that if you go on there with a problem you can speak to the developers directly about it.

I know I probably sound like a massive shill but Solus really is that good. Everything I hated about Linux was pretty much solved by this distro.
Everyone passes off Solus shilling here as a meme but the reason people shill it so hard is because it's honestly so great.
Even if you don't plan on switching to it you should at least give it a try, just to see how polished and coherent a Linux distro can be.

>it feels more polished
>leagues ahead in terms of polish
>looks great and polished
>how polished

Wew kevin, your arguments sure are diverse. You do realize you can make any distro look exactly like Solus right?

Because that's basically what is comes down to.
All Linux distros will give you pretty much the same functionality, the only difference between them is how consistent and polished the whole package is.
Sure, you can make any distro look like solus with an hour of ricing, but what's the point when it's already there packaged in an iso for you?
It's not just the look that makes it polished anyway, it's all the bespoke software and custom tweaks that the developers have made to tie everything together.
To get that on any other distro you're going to have to install solus software which defeats the whole purpose.

>an hour of ricing
Install icons, install arc theme, done. Takes literally 20 seconds mate. You expect anybody to give up the benefits of a huge repo and community to save 20 seconds on """ricing"""? 20 seconds that they will lose over and over again when they have to fucking compile shit from source because your amateur hour OS doesn't have a package for it?

I even have solus installed as we speak, I've booted into it twice, was not impressed, budgie is a shit tier DE that doesn't add anything over existing DE's. The two kernel patches they add are nice, but not even close to being a viable alternative to something like Ubuntu or Arch. Sorry kevin.

No. I'm talking with this girl Thalia.

He's not me

Also that programs are more stable and are faster too than any other distro I've used, and like you said, everything as a whole is much more polished than every other distro. Plus with Budgie 11 (based on Qt instead of GTK3) on the way and Sol (the new package manager) there will be even more polish.

Wait, are you actually THE Kevin?
Good work fighting for Solus my brother, even if you had to become a meme in the process.

You can polish my dick kev.

Not OP, but should I go with Solus or Ubuntu Budgie? Which one is more stable and has better package management?

Yes I am
Solus

>Ubuntu's package management
>good

Proof

I feel like you may be slightly biased but what are your reasons anyway?

How is it not? I'm not experienced enough to know the differences really.

thanks santa you're the best

I've used Ubuntu for a a few months and Arch for a few months and Solus for a few months, and Solus is definitely more stable and has better package management. If I really only liked Solus for the DE, why wouldn't I just install Ubuntu Budgie or install Budgie on Arch Linux?

I'd also like to add that not only is it more stable, but that it's also rolling release and has all the newest packages for programs. So it's stable and up to date.

youtube.com/watch?v=4DgbUBoxa48

The only reason I don't bother with Solus is because of that shitty package manager. None of my stuff works.

no support, small user base. You'll soon realize that the only distros worth installing are the ones with plenty of support, and that means ubuntu.

now install MATE and shut up

Stop it, Kevin.

No, because Solus has the right idea. Linux should be optimized out of the box. Without having to do something faggoty like install Gentoo.

>use Solus
>lose gf
Wow what a great distro to use.

ugly as fuck. xfce master race.

>more stable

Oh please, stop this buzzword shit. Stable how, what does solus do that ubuntu couldn't? There is nothing, ubuntu does everything better, more packages, larger community, more support, more customization, literally every single thing.

pic related, it's kevin.

Mate looks like shit tbqh, especially with that orange grey ubuntu shit theme. Install xfce or something pleb.

You could just install the Budgie version of ubuntu and get the budgie desktop with ubuntu user base and support.

budgie-remix.org/

All Linux's DE are shit.

I'm a rare member of the club of people that prefer usability and stability over looks

I'm considering this, it's bundled with 17.04. But the reviews so far on Distrowatch are very poor.

>chinese devs

ins't that enough?

>stability
>mate

kek

that isn't budgie is it? it actually looks good

So bad MATE has neither.

Also, its made by spics.

kill yourself already, kevin.

>not using apt

>Not using PacMan

>using eopkg
>no repository to speak of

>using pacman

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>using pacman
That might actually be worse than using eopkg

Guys, I don't know much about computers, but I think that kind of homepage is really neat and would be a nice project to get me started learning about some stuff. Is there a tutorial or guide on making something like that?

plebbit /r/startpages

> entertainment
> happy wheels

sums up linux

wtf, is this a blog post?

thanks

I'm serious man, bad idea!

What's your ELO on pokemon showdown?

Lost gf while using KDE Neon and Ubuntu btw.

It is Budgie, and it will look even better when Budgie 11 gets released soon.

>kevin@kevin

Does it have ebuild / SlackBuild / PKGBUILD?

yes. stability. Stop pretending you know what you're talking about.

look closer at the capture. Also, MATE was created by Argentinian programmers but now it's maintained by Germans. Also, take your racism back to Sup Forums where it belongs.