Why aren't you using KDE Plasma 5.9 right now? Do you have a valid excuse?

Why aren't you using KDE Plasma 5.9 right now? Do you have a valid excuse?

No I'm using it. But I wasn't for the last few hours because I accidentally nuked my system partition while the system was running, because I stupidly relied on the /dev/sdX names being persistent across boots -- well they weren't this time.

I'm using 5.8 because I heard it's more stable

I gave up on linux

It´s kinda ugly desu, and I´m all about that aesthetics

Using xmonad, is pretty comfy

Because it's ugly and it suffers from the same bugs that KDE has had for over five years now. Also it's way over-engineered to point where you need to disable features to get an unintrusive desktop.

The defaults are ugly, I agree with you. That doesn't mean that you can't make it look nice.

Because there's no point in making the switch to Linux until it supports Adobe Creative Suite and DAWs, KDE Neon is my preferred distro when I do use Linux though.

>average linux atheist

thats why i cant use this cringe OS

cia niggers use KDE

KDE is essentially as bad as Unity and the Windows 10 DE. kys

>why aren't you using Plasma 5.9?
>posts screenshot of Plasma 5.0

GNU/Linux*

Time for plasma 6.

Poor wayland support yet. Better use Velox tiling vm.

>Do you have a valid excuse
KWallet

Install weston

GNU/Autism*

I always see Sup Forumsay boys talk about adobe creative suite. What do you use it for?

Hardmode: Dont say meme creation

i prefer MATE

meme creation

b-b-b-but I am

because I'm currently rocking Cinnamon 3.2.7

>Do you have a valid excuse?

I have to disable too much shit like kwin and write the relevant confs manually because kde seems to shit the bed if you dare to have more than one monitor, and then I have to use a bunch of hacky workarounds to do some simple stuff like hotplug monitors because kde shits the bed with bugs again

it's almost as bad as using windows, which is a fucking shame since kde/qt is one of the least autistic DE's

Nimm ab, Du fettes Schwein!

in english:
absolutely haram

Because Cinnamon is better.

"Here I come I am cinny-mon"

Because it sucks

Because desktop doesnt matter

I'm still not sure if global menus can be searched, or if there's a keyring or if gnome-keyring can be used. Or if programs that support gnome-keyring can support the keyring that KDE might provide.

I'd love to switch over though.

for some reason, when I try to use it, it becomes totally unable to even think about the possibility my computer might have audio peripherals. The very thoughts about audio become strictly forbidden.
If anyone have a solution to this, I’d gladly try it out.

No dynamic workspace creation/removal.

Because gnome doesnt randomly decide to stop fucking working for ZERO reason

>nobody used adobe creative suit
>nobody uses it for anything

Pro photographer here. Linux is shit for serious meme creation.

Bloated pos, huge trims and waste of space all over the place.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
wait, you were serious?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But I am. KDE Neon is comfy.

wow, this looks like shit

i wouldn't consider it a bad draft, even

>2k17
>still using a graphical environment
kys shills

>he is a living meme

did they, after years, FINALLY port this shit?
no?
well then see you next update!

sddm

An experimental port is available in the kf5-port git branch.

My main gripe with Plasma is the fact that they never bothered with setting some defaults.

For example, most of the GTK based DE's have super+arrows to set the windows to a position. Or even super+modifier+arrow to move them to another desktop.

While Plasma does have that, but you need to configure all by yourself. And, to be honest, this is a pain in the ass, because it's not just moving windows, there are several other stuff you need to configure.

That's not part of plasma. Just use startx if you hate it so much.

I agree. Two other things that piss me off are the giant clock and the crap application menu by default.

Because it's sluggish and compete garbage, I'll stick with my i3, thanks.

To be fair, this is purely aesthetics, so it's subjective. At least they have something by default.

But the hotkeys and configurations are simply forgotten, you have almost nothing there until you set it up. And this is a big fucking usability issue.

>Do you have a valid excuse?
I don't want to use it. You have a problem with that?

Looks like shit, feels like shit. No thanks.

Because Kevin told me to install Solus.

you said it yourself, "experimental". it is not guaranteed to work, and installing it is not easy (tfw too intalligent to bother learning this).

>osufags

I'd honestly prefer Gnome at this point. KDE is just basic WM + a fuck ton of apps I don't need and I have no interest in that. Still rather have a dynamic wm like awesome though.

Why do linux/freebsd desktop environments have such large default fonts? It's like something a granny would want.

I have valis excuses, not just one:
>I'm already using a tiling wm tailored to my specefic needs (i3)
>KDE is too heavy for my usecases
>I'm not used to KDE
>I used GNOME before i3
>I used xfce before that
>I don't like change very much
>It's been more than 2 years with my current DE, and I like it the way it is.

every time ive logged onto a brand new preloaded windows OS it had fucked dpi and scaling so everything looked like it was made for 80 year olds too

i always had to set it to 100% or whatever the fuck

What is the point of that profile with your picture? I mean, I don't want to look at a picture of myself all the time.

KDE sucks, buggy and resource intensive.

XFCE is the master race, just enough functionality without the bloat.

eh no thanks, the wm/compositor are pretty shit

ive used the panel and power manager applet in combination with openbox for my laptops though and that was nice for awhile

Shit how?

no tiling for one
and its pretty slow on older hardware compared to most tiling wms

nevertheless, ive given my parents a crappy laptop with an intel atom that I loaded with xubuntu and its been working fine for them so i guess theyre doing something right

i tried unity on it but it was unusable if you wanted to have more than one window on the screen

GNOME works and looks better

I've hated KDE since the early slackware days

i3

id be using gnome 3 if they didnt have that stupid fucking activities thing and not having all my windows listed in the top panel by default

i feel like i always need 20 different extensions to make it usable whenever I try it

You're right about that. You can't even remove the clock from the middle of the top panel, there's no option. Gnome 3 is complete and utter shit.

There's an extension for disabling the corner hotspot, I have it, I can only bring up activities with the super key

There's also an extension for adding a 'show desktop' button in place of the corner hotspot, just like windows

If I recall correctly, to list activities on the bottom bar you only need to change a setting, it doesn't need an extension

There's also an extension for the clock thingy, but I'm not at my pc at the moment so I can't remember their names

GNOME looks and works by far a lot better than KDE, although I'll admit that I haven't tried it for 7+ years

Does it still consume a shitload of ram and does the UI still feels clunky? I always felt it was a poor attempt at copying windows

it was responsive when i used it with fedora but its really tightly integrated there so I would expect that

but can you fucking explain why the system tray is in the bottom left of the screen? thats so fucking dumb

ugly
bloated
slow

xfce is the sweet-spot between design and functionality while only requiring minimal tweaking

Photography

Post an example.

ugly and buggy as fuck

how do I download for windows :DDD

inb4 arc-gtk arc-icons