Is it possible to passively cool i7 4770 (non K) without throttling it?

Is it possible to passively cool i7 4770 (non K) without throttling it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9PJOrfpiVwE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why would you? Just get a low profile cooler like a cryorig c9 or something.

At this moment I got a Noctua fan running at 300RPM which is very quiet, but I would like to achieve complete silence.

Possible in theory, but I don't think any commercially available coolers like that exist because they'd have to be enormous, and even a single virtually inaudible 500rpm fan increases the cooling efficiency fivefold.

>and even a single virtually inaudible 500rpm fan
I want Earlets to leave.

Why? If you're working on the computer, a bit of fan whisper doesn't matter. If you leave stuff to render overnight, just put the computer slightly farther from your bed.

I was thinking about moving my computer to a different room, but I would need at least 10 metres of DisplayPort 1.2 cable (for 4k60), which simply doesn't exist.

you're better off adding sound insulation to your case.

What if you moved the cooling system to another room
>run water from CPU block through wall to pump and radiator in adjoining room

I am pretty sure I will be able to hear the water flowing.
But this is actually a pretty good idea

If a 300rpm Noctua bothers you so much that you have to move it to a different room, how the fuck do you handle clocks, fridge in the kitchen and cars outside

>how the fuck do you handle clocks,
Got digital ones, but I would also like to get full darkness at night so they might go soon too
>fridge in the kitchen
It's on different floor
>and cars outside
Thankfully not too many of them

- make a soundproofed box for the computer
- rearrange your stuff so you only need 3m of DP cable to keep the computer in another room
- make a custom antiphase noise suppression system for your bed

>get one of those gay lanparty ITX cases with a handle
>get a 15" monitor and a small keyboard and put them in another room
>move the computer there when you need to leave it running overnight

>- make a custom antiphase noise suppression system for your bed
Kek

Are you looking for extreme measures? Or just want to keep noise down?
If first, that weird case from ces may be your answer (Streacom DB4)
If latter, then just browse frosty until you find something decent (i.e. CR-100A, Heligon HE02 or similar).

What is maximum safe temp for i7 4770 anyway?

Pretty sure it starts throttling at 100C like any other Intel CPU in recent memory. I personally don't "like" running a CPU above 80C for extended periods of time, but if the way modern laptops are designed is something to go by you can pretty much push Intel CPUs right up to 100C and just let it throttle.

no its a fucking housefire

I kek'd but that shouldnt be too hard right? Would be a cool pi project.

youtu.be/9PJOrfpiVwE

Yes its only 84w TDP with a decent heat sink no issues other than higher than avg temp.

Unless you live somewhere where its super hot and you have no AC.

My i5 throttled at 100°C also. Seems awfully close to the dangerous 105°C mark but so far no issues.

fuck off with this dead meme

heaven forbid someone try to do something interesting

72.72°C actually

that's neat but can't imagine it's not less than a gorillian dollars

Silent PCs are always expensive, passive is just taking silent 1 step further and requires ridiculous amounts of metal to cool. And that's expensive.

here ya go OP

now imagine that with some fans

Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

ok

once you sort that fan out dont forget to cut your jugular to silence that irritating blood flow whooshing through your veins

>single 300RPM noctua in his case
>wants to move it to another room
What the fuck is wrong with you, the ambient traffic through your window is probably louder than that

>can't lift 72.5 pounds
LOL

Get a mobile CPU and you're set.

forced air cooling (fans) make a massive difference over passive, even at practically inaudible, slow speeds
if you're having trouble with noise, consider one or more of a larger heatsink, larger fan, more fans, and lower fan speeds
but don't go completely fanless

also be sure to setup software fan speed control, so the fan only runs fast enough to maintain a safe temperature, if your heatsink is large enough, this may allow for the fan to stop while the cpu is near-idle

Why would you spend all that money to passively cool a 4770 instead of getting a CPU that gives off less heat like Ryzen which makes doing so easy?

classic

oh yea, also look into vibration-reducing fan mounting

These are actually great.

You can just get a huge heatsink for your CPU with lots of fans, and put a single 140mm fan with vibration-reducing fan mounts on your case behind it, and one more in the front of your case.
Can easily get good cooling better than pure passive while still being under 30db.

200mm side fans are also nice. But for it to be quietest, you want the path to your ears to be "shielded" from the fan.

200mm fans are kind of shit tho. If you need a large fan AP181 or FM181 are quite good at pushing air but not "silent". Best to stick to 140mm fans spinning sub 600rpm.

The 200mm fan that came with my 500R case is completely silent.

>stock case fan
>corsair
>silent
Are you sure it's on?

There's no way you can hear a Noctua running at 300 RPM unless you have it shoved in your ear.

ill shove something in your rear faggot