/mpv/ - is it the Sup Forumsreatest one?

Other urls found in this thread:

potplayer.pl
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/3307
theregister.co.uk/2017/03/08/cia_exploit_list_in_full/
github.com/haasn/mpvhq-upscalers
gist.github.com/igv/2364ffa6e81540f29cb7ab4c9bc05b6b/revisions
mpv.io/manual/master/#files
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

it's a loonix meme. they can't run direct show filters there. they are trapped into knockoff software.

But directshow filters are all deprecated now.
The developers from microsoft and everywhere else don't want it anymore.

I've used VLC, MPC-HC+madVR, and mpv. Currently, mpv is my go to player on linux and windows. Its all a matter of preference though.

>directshow filters are all deprecated now
>source: my ass and manboobs
google madVR and BlueskyFRC

So bluesky is just a fixed amd fluid motion for directshow players!
Looks like SVP with more artefacts and who is still buying amd cards today?

>blueskyfrc
Modern televisions and projectors do it better than this.

The only shit about bluesky is this potplayer bundle:
potplayer.pl

But it seems they will switch to svp entirely because bluesky is too limited.

>Microsoft plans to completely replace DirectShow gradually with Media Foundation in future Windows versions.
RIP in peace

Bogpill me on sofalizer.

Yes and probably sooner than what the doom9 fags think.

They are just too lazy to switch. :p
Maybe they are afraid because directshow was a REAL pain.
However media foundation is quite great and MUCH more enjoyable.

Madshi should create his own NGPlayer or madPlayer with Media Foundation and D3D12 supports to even compete with mpv now.

>Looks like SVP with more artefacts
> source: my ass and manboobs

> source: manboobs and arse

No dude, I am not using your ass as source.
However I imagine you like that. ;)

Why?

It just is, shut up

No haasn's presence anymore so not the Sup Forumsreatest anymore. :(

For winfags/madfags, it's like madvr without madshi.

not really since there is only on person working on just a video renderer, and there is a whole community working on a whole media player.

How could it be the greatest renderer with such gaps?
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/3307

Not that simple dude. :(

eww

YES

I guess so.

>Can't even navigate between files in the same folder
What a useless player.

i still use CCCP with MPC, how is mpv better ?

Just 'mpv "Best Videos"' and use

I canĀ“t do screeshots

give a cant write error

What can i do?

This is the best because nothing else is better. :D

Have the mpv team participated in the crimes of the cia without intending to?
theregister.co.uk/2017/03/08/cia_exploit_list_in_full/

You know, I'd like to see him do that. He probably has the talent to do it and I bet the only thing stopping him is all the inertia around DirectShow. I support mpv at the moment because it's one of the few media players on Windows that doesn't rely on deprecated technology. If there was more than one modern high-quality non-DirectShow-based video player on Windows, I'd be all over that shit. Competition is good.

I doubt mpv is popular enough to get its own specific exploits (unfortunately, VLC did.) I skimmed through the list of attacks on Wikileaks, and it was kind of weird. There was a lot of amateur skiddie-tier shit, like guides on how to make simple keyloggers, and there were a lot of application directory "attacks," which aren't really attacks because they don't cross a security boundary. For example, they had an attack against Notepad++ that relied on placing a malicious DLL in the same directory as Notepad++'s exe. That might sound bad, except Windows considers the application's directory trusted, and it can't prevent these attacks by design. If an attacker can place arbitrary files in the same directory as an .exe, they've already crossed a security boundary and they've already won. They could probably just replace the .exe itself.

mpv would be vulnerable to these "application directory attacks" though. It will unconditionally load d3d11.dll, d3d9.dll, dxva2.dll, avrt.dll and more from the application directory if they exist. This could be fixed, but it's kind of pointless, since there are internal Windows components that are vulnerable to this kind of attack too.

>You know, I'd like to see him do that. He probably has the talent to do it and I bet the only thing stopping him is all the inertia around DirectShow.
He can't. Disclaimer: I'm really not a fanboy/mpv drone, I'm using it because it's the best thing available on OSX, that's it.
As for madshi, he made clear many times that he is actually "fighting" against mpv/competition. E.g. he wrote stuff like "won't go into details about feature x so others can't implement it as well" which is just stupid because once it's released everybody knows anyway. To me this feels rather desperate and I really don't get why he fears some open source software so much. After all, he can copy&paste everything from them way easier than they can copy his closed source stuff.
As he has (or had) plans to monetize madVR, I suppose he is desperate for creating a "gap", an advantage in features to make his software worth the money. However, which other alternatives beside mpv like MPDN, I don't see this happening at all.
(Btw what is it with windows software always being closed source and authors being paranoid about other people seeing their code?)

Now with all that, he simply does not have the time to create something new, spending many months just to get to the current madVR level. He fears that the competition (whether it's mpv or MPDN or whatever) will get a serious advantage during this time and that would kill whatever plans he had for good.
DirectShow IS deprecated, that's not a secret and MS publicly announced they are replacing it step by step. Therefore, it's only a matter of time until it finally vanishes. So at some point he has to do something but I actually assume he won't and by then one of the other players will overtake. He is currently betting on dead technology and that works because MS usually provides a lot of backwards compatibility but it will stop working some day.

k

Google "autoload.lua" and you'll get exactly that, user. Plus, no need for buttons.

i hope not, but this represents perfectly Sup Forums because is the most autistic media player ever created

stop bumping the thread every time it goes to die you stupid shill child.

who is this demen semon?

This seems like as good a place to ask this:

I recently just retired my old toaster and got a newer, more powerful laptop. Can anyone give me the config for best video quality in mpv?

My old config was prioritized for speed first and quality second.

Eh, it seems perfectly reasonable a choice if you're on Linux or macOS. Believe it or not, some of us are not into vidya and thus are not gonna suffer Windows just for MPC.

And you google how to get a better taste.

profile=opengl-hq

Why on earth should I care that you don't like stuffs I like?
Just because you are bothered by other people's tastes doesn't mean that I am.

Kanna is love!

That's it? I know that part, but I thought there was more, de-interlacing or some other shit.
or is it just placebo?

Whatever helps you sleep at night, shit eater.

>2017
>calling that show poor taste

laughing_dragon_maid.png

Well, no shit, sherlock.
What kind of loser would lose sleep over other people's preferences?

>posts stupid opinion
>gets responses
>"h-ha! i win!!!"

user, this is what happens when a redditor finds Sup Forums, stays there for 2 or so weeks, sees the dank "everything you like is shit" memes, and starts trying to fit in by regurgitating them.

At this point, he knows he looks stupid, but in his juvenile state of mind, our responses to his inane ramblings are just "proving him right" or something.

Best to let him be for now.

Yes, it's mostly placebo.

profile=opengl-hq
opengl-shaders="~~/SSimSuperRes.glsl"
scale=haasnsoft
sigmoid-slope=8.0

>haasnsoft
What the fuck is that? Any comparison screenshots?

im pretty sure there are better and easy ways you can see your chinese cartoons on loonix or mac

github.com/haasn/mpvhq-upscalers

It's just a blurred ewa_hanning, you can just use ewa_hanning also

>gist.github.com/igv/2364ffa6e81540f29cb7ab4c9bc05b6b/revisions
igv is working a lot these past few days.

> watching anything without blueskyfrc
dropped

Does it even work with mpv?

No, it's a directshow filter.

New SSimSuperRes is awesome

I just tested it, it's looking great. Based igv.

I've noticed my mpv doesn't generate a config file anymore. I had to mkidr my own scripts dir, too.
Is that normal now, or some glitch in my build?
Not really upset. No config tweaks seemed to make much difference in performance of cpu/ram usage.

How do I add a conf to mpv?

mpv.io/manual/master/#files

>Is that normal
Yes, it's normal, as it uses a default global config. .config/mpv is per user.
>No config tweaks seemed to make much difference in performance of cpu/ram usage
This is just wrong. For example, disabling deband in opengl-hq profile leads to a substantial performance increase.

Comparisons or out of your ass?

It also debloats.

Now there are deformations where lines cross now, the old version didn't do this.
Also, feels like it's just a little stronger (stronger, brighter lines)?

On what are these changes based? Own research?

>Now there are deformations where lines cross now, the old version didn't do this.
Sorry, clarification. The old version did this as well but it's less pronounced

Same deformations even without sssr.

what config can run on a hd3000? should i just use opengl?

profile=opengl-hq
deband=no
Although debanding is handled fine on low-grain, 720 video, so better to make a profile to disable debanding for anything above 720 only.

ok i'll try to decrypt the wiki. what about hwdec? I have it on no but I'm not sure if that a good idea

What's the point of this shader? I did comparisons on an actual video and it didn't look any different. It's good for upscaling test cards though.

I don't know. Look at this webm and tell me

profile=opengl-hq
deband=no
dband error option not found
cpu draw goes up 3%

Tell me, OP, what exactly is the point of having a general for a fucking media player?

Let people use what they want to use, and stop ramming your shitty shillware down our throats.

HD3000 only supports X264 acceleration as far as I know, but depends on your CPU
>dband error option not found
How are you passing the arguments? If in config, running mpv -v should output:
[cplayer] Setting option 'profile' = 'opengl-hq' (flags = 4)
[...]
[cplayer] Setting option 'deband' = 'yes' (flags = 4)
[cplayer] Setting option 'deband' = 'no' (flags = 4)
>cpu draw goes up 3%
If you have good hardware, it doesn't matter, but know it's not static - higher resolution, more grain, and X265 will cost more debanding

>people use a software i don't like
>this makes me very angry

I like mpv and i hope people wont stop development any time soon but right now it lacks features for me compared to mpc-hc+madVR. Its good to have some alternative on Linux and Mac OS though.

Which ones?

Just got Kodi+mpv working.

Loving it. Sucks about the filename tho, fucks it up for Subliminal/qnapi

it alwyas says opengl-hq is deprecated

I compiled the bleeding edge one from git tho

Lacks high quality doublers. Lacks profile grouping features. Lacks subtitle quality compared to xysubfilter. Does not support stereo 3D and HDR.

They also need to add optional GUI.

Also lacks high quality dithering.

that extra verbosity helped.
changed profile=opengl-hq to vo=opengl-hq in conf file and now the quality is up and the cpu use is down.
Have a (You).

You're not using vo=opengl-hq, right?

no no
I'm to lazy to read the documentation so now I let mpv choose automatically and it chooses opengl

WRONG

scale=spline36
cscale=spline36
dscale=mitchell
dither-depth=auto
correct-downscaling=yes
sigmoid-upscaling=yes
deband=yes
These are the options of opengl-hq. But profile=opengl-hq is working for me.

Can you elaborate?

>Does not support stereo 3D and HDR.
It does though.

The fuck? What cave are you from?

that's a fucked file that's missing keyframes, not the player.

>doublers
Placebo horseshit available through user shaders.
>profile grouping features
Wrong.
>Lacks subtitle quality compared to xysubfilter
How so? libass is much more frequently updated and more configurable.