Nvidia Jetson TX2

Why haven't you pre-ordered this single board computer from Nvidia?

Because I haven't heard of it til now

>The product aptly called Jetson TX2 is an AI platform for drones, robots, smart cameras and other embedded devices.

Because it's shit made for retards.

>see article about it pop up
>"NVIDIA'S NEW COMPUTER IS WAY FASTER THAN THE RASPBERRY PI"
>interesting
>open the article
>$299
well no fucking shit, fuck I got clickbaited hard.

>pre ordering anything
Good goy

It's $600 and it's very unlikely it will have upstream linux support out of the box.

porque cuesta $600

English board

Who the fuck would pay that? Just make a mini itx lol.

cause a driver update will brick it

>Nintendo Switch released
>Nvidia releases new Tegra with Pascal GPU the next day

kek

Its been around for a while actually. Tegra Parker or Tegra P1 was unveiled a while ago.
Nintendo took the X1 because they're 2 years old and dirt cheap.

>$599

I own its predecessor the TK1 and it's bretty good. It was a couple of years before anything with the same I/O and a decent processor came out. It's my home server.

Waiting for the Flintstone to be released.

>make embedded system
>NVidia(tm) chip bends and the solder joints crack
Wew. It's like I'm really using a Switch.

Because I have a TX1 and since the TX2 and TX1 share the same GPU, I don't see the need to make the upgrade for my application.

Why would you use a Jetson for a server purpose? It's basically the GPU that makes this development board valuable.

I thought the Nintendo switch were using the TX2.

>tfw the previous ROM for the TX1 had memory leaks in the OS making it unusable as a whole.

it's a brain.

>Why would you use a Jetson for a server purpose? It's basically the GPU that makes this development board valuable.
Originally I bought it for a HTPC. It fell into disuse. Turns out for me its strong point was running off 12v & supporting a 3.5" HDD without a separate power supply. I attached 4TB and tucked it into a corner and it's been there ever since.

Fair enough. It's still an overkill use for a Jetson though, likethrowing pearls to the swines.

Do you use it to stream?

I like how it dsiables the Denver 2 cores when in the max-Q mode.

Nvidia cores are evel less power efficient than Cortex-A57 - that's an achievement.

It doesn't. Their previous Maxwell board is only supported by their private fork that is stuck on Linux 3.10. Like some ChinesePi.

It's a piece of shit fyi.