It's time to put the brakes on the Ryzen hypetrain again

It's time to put the brakes on the Ryzen hypetrain again.

>digitaltrends.com/computing/amd-ryzen-5-ryzen-3-announced/
>Ryzen 5 1600X 6 12 3.6GHz 4GHz
>Ryzen 5 1500X 4 8 3.5GHz 3.7GHz
>The main difference between the two, obviously, is the core count. The Ryzen 5 1600X will offer six cores, while the 1500X will have “only” four cores. Both chips has the “X” suffix, so they offer XFR, a dynamic clock feature that can up the maximum clock past even the Precision Boost clock when paired with a high-quality cooling solution.

>It’s also interesting to note that the Ryzen 5 1500X, despite its lower core count, does not beat the clock speed of the 1600X. We asked AMD about this, and the company told us that we should not generally expect Ryzen 5 and 3 processors to pair higher clocks with lower core counts, though it’s also not off the table.

Not surprised honestly.
Leave "MUH GHZ" to Intel

Other urls found in this thread:

valid.x86.fr/u5xhc7)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wonder how the 1500X will compete with the 7700K at the same frequency.

Probably ever so slightly worse I would think. Less cores with same GHz range. Also most likely less Cache.

But cheap as fuck probably 200$-175$

Level1 Tech (Wendell and senpai) managed to get one of their R7 chips up to 4.2Ghz, so on CPU-z it scores at 2429, higher than a 7700k at the same clocks. (valid.x86.fr/u5xhc7)
So clock for clock, Ryzen is indeed better off. Though some chips are struggling to clock that high. This could be down to the fabs, and the nodes not yet having a chance to mature. And this wouldn't be something exclusive to Ryzen either.

less than the R7 series I mean

you're forgetting that last time intel got their pushed in, they were the ones with the higher cpu clockrates

Netburst 2.0 Confirmed?

EBIN

so what you are saying it is r7 1700x but for $150 in gaming scenario?

sign me up.

OP here, just trying to prevent shitposting memes from Intelshills a month or two from now.

Question: I just received my 1700 yesterday and mobo comes in 1 day. Should I replace the Thermal compound that comes on the stock cooler?

probably not, if you see bad temps then change it but it should be within ~55C on load

don't forget to peel off plastic from cooler

"Premium" thermal compounds are a meme. At best you'd see a couple of degrees difference.

also give it time to adjust, pre applied TIM needs a bit of heat to start working
no idea how it works but I think it simply melts under cooler

We've known this since the initial SKU/price leaks, literally months ago, but people here choose to live in an alternate reality where everything exists to prevent them from feeling post-purchase guilt or regret

The hype train is still going for me. The price per dollar on these CPUs is going to be pretty damn good.

The spread the word and link this shit
I don't want to be hearing "MORE CLOCK SPEEDS THEY SAID!!!" from shills for weeks on Sup Forums

On mobile and don't have the pic saved but I bet someone does, or you can find it via googling for Ryzen prices leaked etc.

how much for the 1500X?

But the leak is wrong: prices, clocks, and models

AMD is fucking dead. This shit is just hilarious.

Wrong, it was very close on MSRP, within 5-10 for most places, and all of the base clocks were correct

Wrong, it was very close on MSRP, within 5-10 for most places, and all of the base clocks were correct

>it was very close on MSRP
1800x was right
1700x was 20 off
1700 was 10 off

Clocks for all three were spot on
HOWEVER, not only does it say that non-x models dont have XFR, it also says the 1600x would have a clock of 3.7 and boost of 3.7+
It also doesn't include a 1500x, which there will be.

>It's time to put the brakes on the Ryzen hypetrain again.

Let us just wait until they are released and we have some real world benchmarks. If it disappoints then, sure hit the brakes.

I'm saying it'll disappoint, what I'm saying is don't believe that AMD will magically make the R5 and R3 amazing overclockers from out of thin air. That way you can't be disappointed

If it's an okay CPU for cheap I'm not disappointed. I'm not expecting a 7700K killer for half the money.

so what does intel-chan look like?