I want to hook up my n64 and PS2 to my monitor with HDMI but I only have composite cables for both of them

I want to hook up my n64 and PS2 to my monitor with HDMI but I only have composite cables for both of them.

If I use a component to HDMI converter, will it work with the composite cables?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b3fOde0EBnY
amazon.com/gp/product/B001VLO5BC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes.

No.

Maybe.

th-thanks Sup Forums

Unless you get one specifically made for the purpose, it's going to introduce so much input lag you might as well not even bother.

install gentoo

Hijacking thread. What's the cheapest way to use my MacBook Pro as a monitor for my PS4? Ok I can use remote play for free but that's 720p bullshit. In need a USB or thunderbolt hdmi capture device that works in real time with low latency.

Please just go

>it's going to introduce so much input lag you might as well not even bother.

Well fuck, is it really that bad? Is CRT the only viable way to play old consoles?

I mean the conversion from analogue to HDMI digital introduces lag because most of the converters are cheaply made shit designed for playing movies and TV, not games. youtube.com/watch?v=b3fOde0EBnY

Just use rgb.
Depends. Most of the chinkshit HDMI boxes are garbage.

>Just use rgb

Do you mean component? N64 doesn't have component cables, except for some expensive vintage game cube cables. I wanted to get component cables for my PS2 but if I want to use the same converter for both PS2 and N64 I have to stick with composite.

For your purposes, yes.

No I mean rgb.

I was thinking about doing something similar but with an original xbox. You need an active converter.

get TV tuner
buy VGA to HDMI adaptor

Composite is utter shit.
For the PS2, you can buy the PS3 component cables and use that on the PS2. Most games need holding a button combination to switch to progressive scan but it's significantly better than using a fucking composite signal.

As for the N64, i don't know much so I'll just say stick the composite video cable to Pr and get a black/white image.

Why not just emulate and buy an adapter for the N64 controller to connect to your PC? Or buy a small CRT and set it on your desk, since N64 is going to look like garbage on a modern monitor so you might as well go for the full retro look (which looks better due to scanlines + no input lag).

emulator is shit

the iso is not always work properly in emulator
while the hacked PS2 work well so much

>If I use a component to HDMI converter, will it work with the composite cables?
No, you'll need a separate adapter for composite.

While you're out, get some S-Video cables for your N64. It's only ~$7 on Amazon and it looks a lot better than composite. Just make sure it only has S-Video and not S-Video + composite.

You can use this $20 RGA to VGA converter box

You can use this $20 RCA to VGA converter box

And an input lag test

recorded at 720p 120fps which is playing at half speed, I count 9 frames from the apex of the trigger pull to the gun firing

Thanks. So you find the input lag playable?

It's not too bad, and a proper scaler is like $100 or more, so it's fine

>75ms of lag is acceptable

You sure love smoking crack.

I could probably play through halo on legendary without a problem, do you have a better solution that isn't expensive and doesn't require hard modding of my xbox?

Would an S-Video to HDMI converter have a noticeably better picture than a composite to HDMI converter?

how did you get to 75ms of lag?

Yes, it'll be quite significant. Not quite as good as component though.

>emulating
>dealing with constant bugs, glitches, audio issues etc.

Eh

get an old crt TV for retro consoles. those are free on local ads like craiglist.

Then you have to deal with a huge, fat CRT. Seems like it's only worth bothering with the nicer, compact CRTs in the hundreds of dollars.

>making fun of based chinkshit

you're garbage