/fdpt/ - Friendly Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on?

*** Please keep your language war faggotry in , notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly Daily Programming Thread ***

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/BuTihxNW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>using that shitty thread's name
Trash.
Dropped.
Fuck off back to some other website.

Rust is better than Cancer

I love Rust, D, C++, Haskell and Nim and I'm waiting for Nim v1 to land

>Rust
Lel. It's fucking shit.

i'm waiting for aliens to land

I'm trying to implement a very generic finite element method solver in C++. So far it works well for 1D order 1 and 2 elliptic PDEs and supports 2D geometry and assembling. Design is inspired from Fenics except I use Eigen as the back-end and the interface is C++. I'll post some screenshots/samples when I get my exporter done.

>C++
Fuck off, kid.

yet another neural network/genetic algorithm/box2d thing, in Lua. might make a video about it if it turns out well.

>friendly thread
What is your major malfunction numbnuts? Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child? You like the kind of boy who could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

>Lua
This is a programming thread, you retard. Leave your pleb bullshit somewhere else.

>This is a programming thread
no it's not

is lua shit because it's easy to use? sorry, didn't know. i'll stop using it :^)

Never change Sup Forums, never change.

>Sup Forums
it's just one faggot

"Friendly" might be a poorly-chosen wording. Maybe make it "strict" or something else I don't know. I don't mind people being highly critical of other's inputs or questions, but clearly maybe 10% of /dpt/'s posts don't violate GR6.

it's not even a language. please leave, retard

Yeah, trying to control what people may or may not do on a fine-grain level always end well.

do you have any actual arguments? i would love to talk about it.

yes, my argument is - you should fuck off back to plebbit

dude sorry but you need to update your vernacular, it's not 2013 anymore. the only people that still actually talk like you are people who go on r/Sup Forums

is mayonnaise a programming language

if you can use it to communicate instructions to a machine

>r/Sup Forums
it seems like i was correct.
why would a non-redditor know how "people" talk there?

>Cancer
Is C too hard for your little retarded brain? Yeah, that's understandable.

why would someone in 2017 think bitching about redditors is relevant? all of your posts scream desperation to fit in. just post a little less until you "get" the groove of this board, then we'll accept you :)

Im trying to make a 3d rotating cube
In MIPS

>MIPS
Is that for an embedded project with a display or are you using an emulated OS.

bitching about subhumans like yourself is always relevant. since they are the price we (humanity) have to pay to remain human.

Good. At least you aren't a mentally deficient pleb like the rest of this thread

>subhumans
you're taking the internet a little too seriously, it's seriously not healthy. you should go for a walk and reprioritize user

Im currently using an IDE with bitmap emulation
If it works, it can be used in real hardware

it's a battle of sorts between "light" and "dark". someone who displays redditor traits will always be a subhuman and I will always be opposed to them. it's in our nature.
of course in the future these traits will be called something different, but it wouldn't change the essence of them since they predate our species.

anyone who expresses actual loyalty to Sup Forums has either spent almost no time here or way too much. is this really what you want to do with your time? Sup Forums is shit and it always will be, it doesn't need people to "defend" it

nah, I just finished Pointers on C actually, which was great. now i can int*(*(*(*fizzbuzz)())[666])(); all day. also dont give much fucks about rust since nothing im interested in uses it. but you suck dick for biting that bait anyway and calling me retard for nothing, so fuck off. and if you cant read my fizzbuzz or use cdecl, fuck you

how would you solve this?

Without having thought too much about it, I'd implement it like a sort of game of snake. Basically store the direction and how far you've moved so far. Then at each step give the case the head of the snake is on the number.

But the number of travels is different, first 4 steps, next time , then again 3

It's just an autist, just point and laugh

>anyone who expresses actual loyalty to Sup Forums
i don't know why you think this has anything to do with Sup Forums.
what i'm talking about predates the internet so there isn't any real way my loyalty would be to either Sup Forums or any other imageboard.
>Sup Forums is shit and it always will be
correct.
>it doesn't need people to "defend" it
we are currently on the offensive. we've been defending for far too long. as you can see the current state of the world reflects this quite well.

Basically start with the outer layer. Iterate once by doing the whole thing in red. Then reposition on the layer under (cyan) and proceed again. This could even be done recursively.

>ignoring my answer ()
Why are you doing this? You're tearing me apart, user.

here.
is pretty much the 4x4 version of what I explained and drew, so it comforts me in thinking it's the most intuitive way to proceed.
You should try implementing it.

recursively

OOP javascript

That's the worst graphical representation of a loop I've ever seen.

Posting in a gender neutral thred.

Why is there that god-awful line between the iterations and why is one of the lines in between them straight and the other wavy? Could you possibly make it worse to look at?

>OOP
Back to your subreddit.

There is literally nothing wrong with being jewish

I'm sending a lot of data from some lab equipment. There's 60 channels running at 40khz each, so a decent amount of data. Currently I'm sending everything over a single socket, would it be better to use multiple sockets in a threaded solution? For instance 12 sockets each sending data from 5 channels?

If it's not clear cut, how would you test each solution?

>Sup Forums culture

First I would stop using plebbit spacing.

No idea I've never done something like that but
>If it's not clear cut, how would you test each solution?
Are you sending your data to a single receiver or can you split it? Also I don't know about your equipment but maybe the outputting method isn't the bottleneck

who are you quoting?

do you guys participate in competitive shit like topcoder?

>No idea I've never done something like that but
Of course, since you are probably a Python tier pleb.

let's see.....
nope, i'm not an idiot like you. so no.

>Homework help thread
How the hell do you think you would test every solution?

Jesus fucking Christ. Get the fuck out of here you moron.

No, I'm thinking more along the lines of different parameters such as fairness metrics rather than just raw throughput.

What the fuck kind of school did you go to where this would be homework? Come on dude...

>plebbit spacing
see pic

>see pic
Learn to use this website properly, redditor.

Only thing I do is online code challenges. The only competition is yourself.

Any engineering college, numbnuts.

>Any decent one

Nice b8, m8. I r8 8 out of 8.

ups, here
Now, are you gonna share some of your epic oldfag knowledge?

I forgot that topcoder arena doesn't support rust
sorry man

I guess that's why it's mostly americans posting about computer science being a meme-degree if that's the case :^)

>tfw pajeets can now use quantum booleans

CS is a meme degree for pooloos and codemonkeys. :^)

>Nice b8, m8. I r8 8 out of 8.
>epic
>:^)
What timeline is this?

last time i heard a question like this, it boiled down to americans defending themselves by claiming they are too buzy making money to compete with ivans, vladimirs and jacky chans

The one where Hitler did nothing wrong and reddit rules the world. What the fuck do you think?

I just saw something very strange when I woke up .

What is the appropriate Big O of this?

O(nlog(m) + 2m^2 + nm)

Is it:
O(m^2 + nm)

Actually pajeets have been doing this for a long time, only with true, false and undefined in php.

haha that's really epic!

Posting because this is the friendly thread

how do I implemetn the last case? I want to take the head of the list, drop the next n-1 elements and then call the function.
skip :: a -> [a] -> [a]
skip n l
| length l < n = []
| length l == n = head l
| otherwise = head l : skip.drop (n-1) l

O(n^2)

>leans into mic

Wrong.

(nigger)log(nigger)

I was just testing you
:^)

The real answer is O(m^2.7)

get on my level

Here's a hint: [spoiler]There's two distinct inputs[/spoiler]

what if m is O(n^3)

my god why would anyone do that
how is crowd sourcing legal
pls dont waste your precious hours on that site

breh, stop tipping your fedora and just fuckin tell us already

i know you've got a mad boner for melodrama but in truth nobody gives a fuck

>FP garbage
Get the fuck out, retard.

>breh
Is this some sort of new plebbit meme?

help help heeelp Sup Forums other thread go full shitpost

making some drawing program (lel).
When i clicked, little rectangle point must be the same location with grids intersection points. what should i add to code?

pastebin.com/BuTihxNW

>still frightened of the 'other tribe' boogeyman

nice spooks you have there fampai

Fuck off, your kind isn't welcome here.

Then you're fired.

Yes but it depends on your definition of multivariate big O. In this case it's quite unambiguous as there exists a constant c such that f(n,m) =< c*|m^2 + n*m| for big enough n and m.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to achieve here, add input and expected output

fugg

What did i say wrong? ;_;

These posts reek of plebbit.

takes one to know one

Prelude> skip 4 [1,2..]
[1,5,9,13,

something like this

>muh sekrit club

dunno how you've manage to maintain the delusion that Sup Forums is some kind of confidential haven of higher-taste, 13 years after launch

step it up

so you're claiming that I have to be a dog to conclude that something is a dog?
>muh sekrit club
>dunno how you've manage to maintain the delusion that Sup Forums is some kind of confidential haven of higher-taste
who are you quoting, plebbitor?

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's most likely a duck.