AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

>11G
What the fuck?

Nvidia actually almost never lies about performance. They don't have to.

They lie about quality, temps, vram, etc but you get the point

>Vega still nowhere in sight
>Nvidia basically competing against themselves

Did amd conceded the gaming gpu market to nvida?

>not post the glorious overclocking

>double the fps of a 980 ti

>10%
Why even bother.

It is because how 1080Ti chip got binned. It has one of its memory controller disabled and doesn't have a GDDR5X soldiered to it. 1GiB GDDR5X chips x 11 = 11GiB of VRAM.

Binned Fermi chips have interesting memory setups back in the days for the same reason.

>Nvidia's best GPU is almost twice as fast as AMD's

Just lmao. AMD is like the retarded little step brother of tech now.

They are also half the price.
But SLI/CFX is bad compared to single card solutions, too much problems, stutterings etc.

But half the price doesn't give best FPS per card/dollar in the end.

Still, almost twice as much FPS than my GTX1070... damn.

How about a 4-way SLI of those?

Now it's matter of time before Titan black edition releases with fully enable core.

> Polaris didn't even launch yet
> AMD finished
wew lad

We're truly living the golden age of GPU performance.

Literally doubling every generation.

Meanwhile CPUs get 5% increase every 2 years.

We all know what's going to happen with AMD

Another
Massive
Disappointment

Cucks who bought 1080. How dumb do you feel?

>doubling every generation
And by that you mean Pascal had mostly a 20-30% improvement on most cards over Maxwell, and that Maxwell was essentially the same shit as Kepler performance wise but with lower power draw.

DELET

>always wanted AMD to pull it through
>every time they manage to make a bit of progress Nvidia just BTFOs them

that's it bros

i'll be a good goy and buy nvidia + intel from now on.

Still better than AMD Rebrandeon™

>mfw they will rebrand the rx 480 first before releasing vega

Welcome to the big leagues

400 series was an improvement over 300 series, even if that was literally OC'd and rebranded 200 series.

Can't wait until Windows scheduler gets fixed. Intel shill tears will be so sweet.

Honestly how the FUCK is AMD even going to compete?

I mean it would be amazing for them if Vega even was as good as a regular 1080 (i doubt it will) but now you have the fucking 1080 ti that's better than a titan

It's fucking ridiculous nvidia btfo vega months before its even released

Worse than buying a Titan X?

Rebrands aren't bad as long as they're cheaper and there's still new high end cards being released. Nvidia and AMD both rebrand when it makes sense to do so.

>Honestly how the FUCK is AMD even going to compete?

They can't and they won't. They are basically pushed out of the desktop market now and have to focus on consoles.

>RX 480 scores the same as a GTX 980

really makes you think

But that's what it's supposed to do. 1060 has the same performance and was marketed as being roughly equivalent to a 980.

/r/amd is delusional

>amd is honest and the products it delivers only get better with time, but they can't compete at the high end
>nvidia is jew overlords who gimp all old cards to make you upgrade every year, but they have a monopoly at the high end

fuck this gay world

They'll compete on price, like usual. And consoles.

You may recall a shitload of trolls and fanboys losing their minds because the 480 was behind the 980 at launch while benchmarks showed they had similar compute performance. At this point they're identical, but I'm willing to bet people are trying to sell 980s on the used market for more than a 480 retails for.

Actually I'm surprised the old Fury X is still hanging in there.

>AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
On GPUs maybe (they're absolute shit at it), that 1080ti paired with the 1800x BTFO i7-7700k cucks

Intel became the biggest loser as of 2017

I recall it being somewhere between a 970 and a 980 at launch (and trolls/fanboys promising it would be at $200 and "BTFO" the 970). AMD drivers always lagging for months to get a proper performance, it makes sense to me for it to have reached 980 by now.

Memory bandwidth is more important than total memory at least to a certain extent and I think the Fury still has really impressive memory bandwidth even compared to newer cards.

What if nvidia expanded into CPU market?

What if 3dfx came back from the dead and shat on nv and AMD?

Look, I don' even want AMD to fail, I even invested in AMD (but sold when the Ryzen benchmarks came out because I'm not fucking retarded) but this is getting ridiculous. It's been 'just wait until x' for years now, and you're just gonna keep that up even after the thing we were supposed to wait for is fucking released? Alright then

I knew that glide driver CD I've been keeping since 1997 would come in handy.

>tfw directX still can't look as good as Glide

What modern GPU gives you the most bang for buck regardless of range?

1060 / 480 pick what company you like most

And those two are equivalent with regards to bang for buck?

yes they're the same price same performance

Depends on where you live actually.

Just wait for Navi.

all while not using hbm.

amd is finished. vega is doa. no way vega flagship is going to be cheaper.

Nvidia is more bang for buck since it draws less power.

>amd is finished
but is it also bankrupt?

They could do more if they would update maxwell arch. 10 series is still maxwell but with higher clocks.

>What if nvidia expanded into CPU market?
Jen-Hsun is still crying little bitch tears since he'll never, ever get x86 and AMD64 licenses from Intel and AMD.

Even worse for them, Intel switched the GPU patent pool they were licensing from Nvidia to AMD (several hundred million $ a year) for at least the next five years.

Intel's gunning for Nvidia's HPC market share, and while it's too early to tell if they have a shot in hell, they are going to make Nvidia's life difficult in every way they can from this point on.

brutal...

Kek AMDrones going on and on about muh async being the true savior

>$700 reference
>$800 aftermarket
>2017
>paying $700+ for a video card
>actually being this retarded
>inb4 "b-but y-you're poor"

it's called being a smart consumer, even nvidia is laughing at you retards.

>it's called being a smart consumer

No, you're just poor and fucking stupid. What of a $700 graphics card? What's wrong with that? Please suggest your cheap and cheerful way to achieve high frame rates at 4K.

I'm waiting.

why would anyone need more fps if most of the new cards that njewia made can run pretty much any game at 4k with 60fps+ ? Why the fuck would anyone need more performance? Not many people play on huge TVs to really see the difference so I really don't get what's the chase after more fps

>achieve high frame rates at 4K
>needing 4K

Future proofing, bro. Skip buying new GPUs for the next 5 years!

the fact that they had to bring the ti ABOVE the titan line shows pretty much that they do actually think that vega will be good...

Well 4k is pointless to begin with. Absolutely zero real benefit to anyone but the people hawking you their underdeveloped tech.

Fuck you gaymen are faggot sheeple.

>tfw had a 6200 till a few days ago and it ran perfectly fine
>bought a 9800 for under 10 bucks and I'm set for a couple more years
fps beyond 60 is wasted money desu, playing games at 800x600 with everything on low is amazing

>700 dollar graphics card for gaymen
could afford, but meh.

>4k

stop acting like you game at 4k yet alone even own a 4k monitor, you just want to imply that you're "rich" and game a 4k so you don't feel bad spending $700+ on a video card just so you can sit on Sup Forums and brag about it and not feel buyers remorse

EVERY retard says the same 2 things "i'm rich and i can afford it" and "i game at 4k" but when you look at the statistics, nobody even games at 4k...just a bunch of autistic cave dwellers on Sup Forums, le reddit, forums, youtube talking about 4k gaming but have nothing to show for it

kill yourself

This seems like bait, and you're quite obviously upset about not having some newer gadgets yourself. I play at 4k. It's fun and cool. But I do it mostly for my friends who hangout with me to gawk at the TV. Realistically a 65 inch samsung tv isn't great for PC games. But it's worth it when you have friends to validate your purchase all the time. Maybe socialize more spurdo?

Maybe get better friends, lol. Seriously, wtf did I just read.

this is why i come to Sup Forums. just for these extremely autistic spastic posts like this one.

Agreed

Will wait until whatever the next 1180ti power level is and when that costs $350 or so, like the 1070 now

So I'll be waiting a couple years but I don't give a fuck. My 980ti is incredible at the moment

> falling for the 4K Jew

user is upset because he doesn't get to buy things on his wishlist.

i have the titan x pascal edition, 2x1080s and other series 10 series cards, i don't buy none of this shit, i go to the nvidia offices and they give them to me for free, that's the ONLY reason why i have them, i would never buy high-enthusiast grade gpus for $500+, $700+ is astronomically autistic prices

i'm 100% positive you don't play a 4k, if you do, take a picture right now

I have a painful break neck but comfy set up. But sure. One sec

>But it's worth it when you have friends to validate your purchase all the time.

Just lol. Are you like 16?

It also costs $700.

The R9 Fury which has 58% of its performance is $235. 33% its cost.

Lol 22. But yeah it's autism. There's some occasional buyers remorse. But it's fun to have movie night with like 10 people in my room.

you have a 4k tv, not a 4k pc monitor, there is a difference retard

Nobody cares about anything but the highest performer, though.

Here's your pic of my autism

>literally 2x faster than 980 ti, LINEARLY

Performance is progressing too fast

Ban it

i didn't though

780 > 1080ti

But he was saying no one plays at 4k

shut up fag

I work at dominos btw lel

BAN SCARY HIGH CAPACITY ASSAULT CARDS!!!

Feels good to upgrade from the 780

Cost doesn't matter when it comes to gayming. It's nothing more than a pissing contest between manchildren boasting about their consumer purchase and e-benis benchmarks. The justification is that it's "the best" so it's worth the cost, even if by just 1%.

What the fuck are you talking about? 4k is a film resolution; both monitors and televisions use 2160p.

But if you look at steam hardware surveys, the best sellers are cards like the RX470, RX480, 1060, and 1070. Not a ton of 1080s.

So it stands to reason that pretty much everyone that bought an RX480 or 1060 probably should have just spent $235 on an R9 Fury instead, but they were just too stupid to or really actually care that much about power consumption.

THICC

>brags about being not being poor because of a $700 graphics card
besides being poor, you're nigger-tier retarded.

>It's faster than a TitanX
>People still keep buying nvidia after scams like this
kys ngigers

2 different monitors

>22
>lives with parents
>works at dominos
>spends money on autistic gaymen shit
>prioritize all fucked up

yep it checks out retarded

In 2 months they will announce another version of the titian just to rub it in a bit more

On Steam more people own gtx 1080 than rx 480.

btw, congrats on the 1080 purchase, it's now obsolete, go sell it for $200, make some more pizza pies and you can get that 1080ti your precumming about, have fun getting scammed again lel

>RX470, RX480
>best sellers

I have a ban news for you, even the 1070 is more popular...

could you be more jelly? my goodness.

>26
>own home because of inheritance
>work at dominos part time for fun
>buy what I want

I had 1080 sli but I donated the other one this week since I'm getting a ti.

>work at dominos
>for fun
kys

I get paid to drive about, it's great