Why do people hate Windows?

Why do people hate Windows?

It's what most people use and Sup Forums is for contrarians and elitists.

>It's what most people use and Sup Forums is for contrarians and elitists.
for retards and autists you mean

Because it's a shitty OS. It invades your privacy, it takes away control of your PC, the literally push ads through the OS... What's not to hate?

>people make games for it

>>It's what most people use and Sup Forums is for contrarians and elitists.
>for retards and autists you mean
for special snowflakes you mean

directx
office
photoshop
autocad
etc.

My Windows just broke down without any fucking reason... It's just pure shit. Should've thrown it away long time ago.

sony vegas
fruityloops

Users are not allowed to freely use, study and contribute to it.
You basically get a huge dumb on your harddive and you are not supposed to touch it.
You are not allowed to make multiple full disk backups.
The defaults really bad, it is a bad window manager, the default applications is terrible, the updating system is poorly designed, everything about it is terrible.

The only good thing about it is that it is the default.
It is the default OS on all systems as they basically made it illegal to buy a computer without it.
And if you don't have a license, it is not hard to obtain.
This means there is more applications for it as it is the obvious target for software developers.

TimesinkOS

>bloated shit
>slow af on low end hardware
>currently forced to run it as main os and wanna end my life as a result

In honesty it has the potential to be a great OS, and sometimes it proved so in the past (Some people still hold fond memories of win2000), but it just can't.
It has an old as fuck codebase, and unlike the linux kernel it's not fixed as they go (You still can't name a folder con for example due to how DOS devices work, and they aren't able to change it either, i know because during the vista development the team revrote windows to be on a managed kernel instead of monolithic), it's internal filesystem is extremely retarded (see GLOBALROOT, and the fact that paths are totally different between parts fo the system, it's either the partition or //?/) and has suffered from poor design choices (Just look at windows 2000, then vista, then finally 10) and it's development team is more fragmented than a NTFS drive, with no clear direction.

And this is just the beginning, and i'm going to just mention the fact that there is no actual difference between system and user processes, and god never mess with permissions.

I love Windows 7

SUCCESS
BREEDS
JEALOUSY

OP please post your query in: /sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

But that's linux.

Totalitarianism and American police state politics.

prism backdoor
malware
botnet

>Why do people hate Windows?
Because Windows hates people.

I only hate Win10. Win8.1 is cool with startisback and very selective updating so i don't get ms's crap.

it's good for the average consumer or for specific applications (gaming, etc.) but if you're a developer or want to have any real control over your system then it's vastly inferior to Linux or even Mac depending on who you ask.

Because they're retards who know nothing about technology and thus all they can do is shitpost and talk up their chosen Operating Religion. The question you should be asking instead is "why is Sup Forums full of drooling fanboys and why haven't they been genocided back to Sup Forums yet?"

This place is full of contrarian posers who spend 90% of their time in a web browser and have never created a meaningful thing in their life. I bet if you asked this dipshit to show us his github repo it would be empty or full of hello-world tier shit and minor bugfixes, while this dumbass doesn't even know anything but swallowing and regurgitating FUD and couldn't use an operating system for shit if the internet wasn't there to hold his hand at every opportunity.

Then you have these faggots who didn't give a shit about government and politics until the 8th suddenly becoming armchair ""activists"" who think espionage was impossible before the internet did their job for them or a large state entity really gives a shit about their Sup Forums folder.

There's definitely a shit ton of reasons to not like NT, even some of those retards still had a valid point for many use cases, but they overblow them to incredible levels. Only a drooling dipshit genuinely "hates" a pattern of 1s and 0s. It's a tool, not a lifestyle.

Proprietary software hates users.

But you never told us how you really feel. :(

Because they don't know how to use and maintain it.

Bullshit outside of the systems level, and even then it's still bullshit unless you're retarded, for the majority of actual "development" concerned with solving tangible real-world problems, any of the Big Three will confer you a usable environment.

This. Windows becomes quite usable once you spend the time to learn it like people do with Linux (although, I guess the "it's paid for part gives them a pass for that.)

Also Bash on Windows had made life extremely easy for me.

No. Windows is sub-par for development, for one it's compiler requires a GUI except for a hacky workaround command prompt (that is limited) although I do like powershell.

Nothing comes close to how easy it is to build things for Linux (or unix in general.)

With tools like an assembler, compiler, fleshed out shell and make being installed by default (or just a command away.)

Ask any microsoft employee why they hate windows. They'll explain to you in length how shitty windows is, including but not limited to the user perspective.

Because windows makes stuff people like (xp) and then force it out so you have to buy stuff like vista or 8

It's Linux/Mac user being jealous because Windows has more security and support than any OS right now.