Why is vulkan getting pushed to the side by DX12...

Why is vulkan getting pushed to the side by DX12? Nothing comes close to 4k benchmarks like this and doom like looks good too.

because is AMD meme and AMD is dead

Because game developers, are slaves.
They are told to do something in 16months and they do it, learning how to write Vulkan is not on the agenda.

Doom was optimized from the start for Vulkan and both card manufactures benefit from Vulkan your statement is stupid.

Doom may be a bit of false hope for vulkan honestly. I think dooms great optimization comes from the devs, not the API. OGL performance is just as amazing in doom (varying from GPU brand to brand)

>AMD meme and AMD is dead
What's that got to do with Vulkan?

Do you even know what Vulkan is? It's just the new name for OpenGL in practice/the eventual replacement planned. DirectX is just more popular.

I've no idea why. I've never understood it. And I'm not even a Windows hater.

What I never got is why use Direct3D, when engines are ground-up things.

Vulkan is Mantles replacement you fucking retard
Maybe Google things before opening your mouth to shit you have no idea about

>I think dooms great optimization comes from the devs, not the API
That's the point of both DX12 and Vulkan though.

Why isn't Vulkan more popular though with the devs seeing as it's cross platform, and looking at Steam's OS charts, there's still 30%+ people with DX12 capable GPUs who don't even use Windows 10.

Or do we just need to wait for more games to get released with Vulkan, I don't even know how long has it's been since it's release

Vulkan is OpenGL replacement, it's OpenGL runtime with Mantle making it Vulkan.

(((Windows)))

Well aside from DOOM, there's been DOTA2...
And...
And...
Umm...
Vulkan is the future guys just wait!

>What I never got is why use Direct3D, when engines are ground-up things.
Do you even know what Direct3D is?

Direct3D is the equivalent of OpenGL. DirectX handles not only image, but also sound and input

omg shut the fuck up. OpenGL is destined to be replaced by Vulkan. Vulkan is based on some Mantle work too.

This makes less sense to me. Vulkan is suppose to be easily moved to other OSs from consoles to phones wouldn't developers want a cheap easy way to put it on another platform for higher sales.

Because Microsoft are pushing DX12 so heavily, to the point of paying developers to use it. Vulkan doesn't stand a chance.

How you see OpenGL's "destiny" has nothing to do with the fact that Vulkan has been Mantles replacement since the very beginning

Shouldn't shit like that be illegal? Isn't though how Microsoft ended up in anti-trust courts before?

>Vulkan is the future guys just wait!
Nice mockery, I do wish it was the future.
Sure is nice that Microsoft wants to lock gamers into their eco system, really a side you want to take.

I'll masturbate on the other side with my open sores.

>100% backpedaling

Just stop posting. OpenGL is officially being replaced by Vulkan. It's not a meme.

Hey DX12 is objectively great, not my fault if Microsoft wants to use it to push their tablet OS for evil purposes

Someone didn't get diagnosed properly

Yes, you are not smart, you are autistic.

omg rekt
+1

Do you know how easy it is to use google?

What was your point then with this?
>What I never got is why use Direct3D, when engines are ground-up things.
Are you implying that every dev should build their own 3D API? What are you saying? Why wouldn't they use Direct3D? Are you saying you don't understand why would they use Direct3D instead of OpenGL?

because they realise that hyping a "muh vulkan on w7" isnt going to get them far...

windows 7 kernel isnt built for it we know it they know it and ms wont ever try to port wddm 2.0 to windows 7

so we are stuck with dx12

>This
I can run it all maxed out on my gtx 3.5gb smooth as butter.

Khronos is just a standards body. They don't do much. They don't have their own console, smartphone or operating system.
All these hardware companies give nice tools along with their own proprietary api, debuggers, integration to visual studio. They provide support too, pick a phone and call sony/ms.
Doom has support for vulkan but it only came after. On ps4 it uses gnm, on xboxone it's directx. It also has opengl support on pc. I think idsoftware with doom is the outlier here, why would anyone go to these lengths?

Why don't devs give a shit like they did with doom

Do these retards even understand that the benefits of Vulkan/other low level api is negated by the increased gpu load that higher resolutions result in?

This is in response to the OP picture