Are you an audiophile?

Are you an audiophile?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4HEpyK27YLc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I consider myself as a normal, functional human beign. So the answer is no.

mods

I love audiocringe, they are so funny desu

I used to be. But then I took multiple ABX tests and found out I LITERALLY couldn't tell the difference between 192 vbr Opus vs 32-bit FLAC both ripped directly from CDs. In fact I could barely tell 128 vbr Opus vs 32-bit FLAC again both ripped directly from CDs.

I kinda feel sorry for the fucking retards that spend $1000 on DACs and $10000000 on headphones.

>32-bit FLAC ripped from a CD
Stop reading there

Audio file bitrate """audiophile""" cuck.
>32-bit FLAC from CD

Nice meme friendo

HD650 + schiit stack is literally end game for 99.99% of the population

anything more is just for pseudoaudiophiles and tryhards

nicer 2k+ headphones are nice, don't get me wrong, and so are nice expensive amps, but they are not even close to being worth the price they are sold for

get as close as you can to the point of diminishing returns and call it a day

I am listening to le spoken word
using bluetooth
to a SANWU chipamp
driving a couple CAMBRIDGE SOUNDWORKS satellites

audiophile qutoient nil

Yes, I am

Do you need special help for you autism?

LSR305 for nearfield listening @ desk will be much better than HD650 unless you can't use speakers due to noise or like inferior soundstage and imaging.

No, thanks

>Comparing headphones and speakers

pedo

>Suggesting headphones over speakers

headphones are speakers tho

don't be so pedantic user.

No, I like music.

:3

for people that live in flats and can't just blast speakers all day/night, headphones are the obvious choice

but yes high end speakers > high end headphones any day of the week, nobody with a brain would debate that

Oh yeah, for sure.

Sorry but that was as audiofool as most music ripping software would go back in ~2010 else I would have used 1024-bit 1526Khz WAV or whatever exceeds that.

What is your type?

No, I'm not a completely fucking faggot. Why do you ask?

Not sure, does fiio e10 -> fiio e09k -> dt880 count?

positive, as every/g user, I wear my BEATS everywhere

seeya, niggas

beats are good for getting girls

III
More than that, it's just autism.

I listen to 1950s commercial instrumentals
youtube.com/watch?v=4HEpyK27YLc
how many levels am I on?

yes
but in the actual form, I like the highest possible quality, as in actual scientific results and not bullshit and heresay

I'm an audiophile in the sense I listen to vinyl I pick up from flea markets on a turntable that's better than a crosley cruiser, but I've invested less than $100 on my entire setup, which automatically kicks me out of the super special elite club.

My speakers don't even have a brand and they cost me something like 5$

I just spend like $80 on a DAC, $120 on an amp, $100 on speakers

Sounds way better than default crap

Doesn't take a lot to improve your audio, just don't fall for the ridiculously expensive placebo shit

>tfw only ever got Silver in the Philips Golden Ear Challenge

How can I ever enjoy music again, knowing that I can't enjoy it to its fullest extent?

you can't
stop listening to things by filling your ear channels with hot wax

I mean I would love to listen to such 'clarity', but the entire principle of selling consumer-shit HIGHEST QUALITY SPEAKERS MADE FROM TITANIUM CUM on placebo connotation is fucking absurd
It just doesn't make sense at all

No.
No I am not.
I bought some random-ass pair of headphones off of Amazon earlier and barely took any time to research if they were good or not.

Almost, but not quite.
I frankly don't have the $$$.
I'd say, more practical enthusiast.
I also enjoy designing and building cabinets, and repairing 2nd hand stuff

ohmygod you are such a faggot. everything you post here is so much faggot in the context of your tripshit

More 2nd hand stuff.
Rega Rp1
Sony ES receiver
Pioneer 22LR speakers
D-Box sub
Barely $500 worth of stuff, and it sounds more than good enough.

This isn't entirely true, there's a noticable difference between for example Apple Earbuds and a pair of Shure SE215s.

Neither will crackle or relieve interference but the Shures sound way fucking better. Spend a reasonable amount on headphones but don't go past $200ish and don't buy shitty brands.

I want your sub

I like music, but I'm not a fucking autist about it

>inb4 some shithead starts screeching about actually hearing a difference between 320kbps and FLAC

It's 2nd hand from a pawn shop. You can probably pick one up for under $100. The one pictured was $80, not bad for 12" and 300 watts.

Building speaker cabinets is the way to go.

The quality you can get at prices compared to store bought is crazy.

I listen to filed recordings of pre-1895 houses settling in, exclusively.

>listening to music
>not reading directly from music sheet
pleb

>Sounds way better than default crap
You keep telling yourself that, user.

I use a £15 chink shit amp paired with a pair of Sony bookshelf speakers from the 1970s I copped for a fiver. I connect all that to my PC with a RCA to 3.5mm cable. I don't really need much more than that, it sounds great to me.

I would be if I had the money for it. I'm more like a poordiophile.

>baboon but

>headphones
for teenagers desu

kek

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

Found Polk Audio Silicon Graphics branded speakers in a skip years ago. Kept them for hoarding-type reasons. Rediscovered recently and finally tried them out.

Turns out they are really good. Would definitely scavenge again.

Should I buy a pair of ELAC Uni-Fi UF5s or Klipsch RP-280Fs?

The room I'm going to put them in isn't really big at all, so I'm worried about the horn tweeters on the 280Fs making my ears bleed.

Since it's a smaller room, I was thinking of getting something like a 10" 300 watt subwoofer, but I have no idea how powerful 300 watts is compared to say a 150 or 200 watt sub.

audiophileism is a mentall illness

I'm pretty sure I have a song that's heavily based on this. This exact piece.

>Are you an audiophile?
Yeah, I like CD quality as much as the next guy.

Why did he put Windows on a Macbook?

>Why did he put Windows on a Macbook?
Because objects that only hold value because branding and being new devalue very fast.

Yes.

Maybe not be a retard and learn how headphones and especially DA-converters are not related in any meaningful way to lossy audio compression.

You know, to actually understand how things of your interest work?

No I am hebephile

>my brother is a pedophile, he has so many headphones

brrrrrrraaaaaaappppp

I'm Type 5 civilization.

Abra Kadabra Brother.

Odysseus pls

nice SNEK

1-5
The pyramid is obviously bullshit. Surf rock belongs into 1.

>a quadrillion types of the same minimalistic electronic garbage, only one trance
>two names of literally the same genre several tiers apart
This is bullshit.

Audiophiles are such faggots.

Great taste user.

No since I fucked up my hearing at a young age.

No, I use a VSX-456 and Kenwoods from the '80's. PIc related.

I wm an audiophile, but I don't believe that placebo most do

digital is far superior to vinyl in every single way

>not blasting weeb music with your super open planar magnetics in the university library

get on my level, audiophools

Hell yeah dude

but you're vintage audiophile

I prefer the term broke.

I'm glad that I am a pedophile and not a dirty audiophile nigger

Audiophile? Yes, I do appreciate quality audio and higher end gear.

Audiophool? No, I know snakeoil when I hear it. Having said that, I have listed to flagship headphone hardware like the Sennheiser HD-800 and Denon D7200, and they really are well above what you have on the regular consumer market, but such gear is priced well above the market as well.

It's a shame that the term "audiophile" has taken on the connotation of spending tons of money on placebo products.

I love music and audio gear but I at least have a basic understanding of what does and does not have a significant impact on sound quality.

I only spent a couple hundred bucks for my speakers, and I'm still using an un-restored Marantz receiver from 1978 that I got for free from my uncle. Sounds good to me.

Not an audiophile cause I'm not a fucking sperg. I do like high quality audio but not to the point of audiophile autism lords.

nice chinkshits

Good engineering is still going to sound like good engineering regardless of age. Nakamichi Dragon tape decks still go for $2k used because of how amazing they are at playing a shitty format like cassettes.

OTOH, modern day hifi in general is kind of dead with AV being a goodnuff thing for most users.

I do my best within my means to ensure I listen to the highest quality available for a track, but I don't go out and torrent the 4MBps, ripped-straight-from-youtube-128KBps discographies of artists.

Well I've heard many people claim that un-restored old amps will sound like shit because of degraded capacitors, but I don't hear any issues with my Marantz.

God forbid. In fact i enjoy how plebeian i am.
I don't give a fuck about the kbps and avoid high volumes and i have a collection of mp3s and mostly use cheap headphones and my laptop speakers. In fact a few (You)s saying how idiotic i'm will make cum in my sheets.

(you) are like my gf

I'd like a really good pair of headphones. If FLAC is available for the music I'm downloading I'll usually get it. MP3 is fine too though. That's pretty much it.

Same.
Did one of those bitrate tests and i legit can't tell the difference so i just download whatever.