Proof it's just "Linux"

Find any software engineer job posting where it says "GNU/Linux" instead of "Linux".

I know the thought of looking at job applications scares Sup Forums, but go ahead. I'll wait.

They don't even say "Linux" bro

everyone in the industry just calls it Ubuntu tbqh

My CV says GNU/Linux throughout, except when I'm referring to the actual Linux kernel at one point.

Took me 2 seconds to Google. On my phone too

Lies, we unironically used gentoo and gentoo file systems to build Linux for embedded SBC stuff when I was a co-op.

Fair enough. I think I've used GNU/Linux or said something just about "Linux" when I've talked about kernel patches I've made.

When you need to get technical, then get technical. But forcing "GNU" everywhere is just autism

>Find any software engineer job posting where it says "GNU/Linux" instead of "Linux".

Pic related

You didn't look very hard, did you?
The US Army™ call it GNU/Linux, and that's good enough for me

Default Glassdoor search showed 2, that's right, TWO, postings for just looking up GNU. One of which, is literally the same posting you posted lol. Find me 2 more job postings not in this thread.

Meanwhile, Linux had pages and pages on glassdoor. See

>goalposting

gnoo/linucks

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/LInux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

Idiots the proper name is: GNU/X11/Apache/Linux/TeX/Perl/Python/FreeCiv

Delet

Seems like you struck a nerve with these troglodytes.

Stay mad neets

>the thought of looking at job applications scares Sup Forums

>Unironically playing freecivs

>most people say something that is wrong so that makes it not wrong

Most people in tech industry this days are literal retards.

That is no excuse to say something that is wrong on purpose.

The thought of having to use services like these and sign up for them does.

>FreeCiv
kek

Language us defined by how the masses use it.

"color" was at one point spelled wrong, "selfie" wasn't a word, etc.

The masses, include people that fucking pay you, use "Linux"

>NT + Windows userland
Windows
>XNU + OS X userland
OS X
>Linux + Android userland
Android
>Linux + GNU
???

>Linux + Ubuntu configured userland
Ubuntu

GHANOO

>Ubuntu configured

They say that "Ubuntu" is ancient African for "I don't know how to configure Debian"

If a company doesn't list GNU/Linux I don't bother applying. Not worth my time

Who is the grill?

coulor plz

I put gnu/linux for one reason : in case the guy is autistic and actually give a fuck about the name.
On the other hand someone that just call it linux won't give a fuck reading gnu/linux

>FreeCiv
I tried it once. It was 30 minutes trying to figure out how the fuck you were supposed to play this shit.

>forcing "GNU" on "Linux" is autism
Reminder that you're already causing autism by forcing "Linux" on " ".

Get out Linus, RMS has spoken an and his word is final

How do you pronounce GNU?

Gee-enn-you? Gee-new? Gnoo?