What does the rest of the world know or think of Newfoundland?

What does the rest of the world know or think of Newfoundland?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ieFONL-5w5A
youtube.com/watch?v=bezz2GioYII
youtube.com/watch?v=WHSumH3eooQ
youtube.com/watch?v=knxR-Q2VoBE
youtube.com/watch?v=s0CvSIhF_tA
thetelegram.com/Opinion/Letter-to-the-editor/2013-08-06/article-3339832/‘Sorry-Newfoundland,-you-are-not-what-I-expected’/1
youtube.com/watch?v=44wMG9b2_JY
youtube.com/watch?v=T9RDuHS2CFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I know that it's cold and a province in Canada. That's literally it.

cute doge

It's not new anymore

cool and funny accent

*Vinland

Republic of O'Doyle rulez!

I know its awfully boring and St. Johns is a shithole. I know I wish I could leave.

OP here I am in grand falls and too poor to move please kill me.

As long as you're not from Gander aka the inbred shithole of the province you're alright

Can I count myself lucky since I wasn't born there?

It's only an hour from here except we have even less stores and shit.

There's a town here with 6 people, and we have shitty baywhop towns nobody has ever even heard of. I heard the worst from people here was somewhere called Peterview.

>Irish

Fuck you we're your descendants. Couldn't you have found a place connected to the rest of the continent?

Blame the brits.

WE WUZ VIKINGS N SHIT

like ireland but protestant i guess. overall nice place, great interesting history, friendly people, and unique culture worth preserving. i like the maritimes and been to st johns as a child.

t. quebec

I'm a Canadian and frequently forget it exists. The entire East Coast is a black hole of nothing.

Poor fisherman who like to bitch about being poor.

t. Alberta

music is based ngl
>youtube.com/watch?v=ieFONL-5w5A
>youtube.com/watch?v=bezz2GioYII
>youtube.com/watch?v=WHSumH3eooQ
>youtube.com/watch?v=knxR-Q2VoBE
>youtube.com/watch?v=s0CvSIhF_tA
Oldest English colony in NA, oldest city is St. John's, 1497
the most culturally rich area of Canada IMO (very present, Irish, Anglo, and Scot culture)
potato diaspora: the island
fucked over by Canadian Gov't when they joined in '49, grand banks were scraped clean of fish by foreign fishing vessels which Canada did nothing about, which rekt the economy
94% white and 93% christian

thetelegram.com/Opinion/Letter-to-the-editor/2013-08-06/article-3339832/‘Sorry-Newfoundland,-you-are-not-what-I-expected’/1

St. Pierre and Miquelon

kek, literally half of that is the same problem, cars
i like Newfoundland and i know how notoriously shit drivers are there

It's the tasmania of canada

t b h my mom literally grew up a ferry ride away from there

This letter is just an amerifat bitching that he went to fucking CBN of all god damn places

Who?

Are you a newfie?

t b h not that lad but half of the complaints was just one thing, cars
another was grocery shopping mannerisms, like what?
trivial bullshit IMO, save the cars thing, drivers are nuts there

Look at the comments breh

Spot the fuckin' mainlander

Apart from the fact that it has a really retarded name? Nothing

Protest the hero wrote a song about you

i met some guys from there on XBL. they were pretty cool blokes. too bad i'll never get to talk to them again ;_;

I'm québécois, does it count?

>thetelegram.com/Opinion/Letter-to-the-editor/2013-08-06/article-3339832/‘Sorry-Newfoundland,-you-are-not-what-I-expected’/1
i did, what am i looking for, i just see people from and outside of newfoundland agreeing but pointing out she went the shithole that is CBN
a little butthurt but you'll see some whenever someone says something bad about anywhere
meanwhile, she missed the GOAT Newfoundland city.....

Newfie here. It sounds like this dumb fucking bitch thought she was visiting the Shire from Lord of the Rings.

I don't know how to describe it, but it feels like when people are so patronizing to you because t hey think they understand you but they know literally nothing about you. Except for the quad issue she's seriously never had shit neighbors or seen shitty drivers or seen litter in a big city? Where does this bitch get off acting all high and mighty?

I know a dude from there. He's a drunkard.

We have the best town name in the history of the world.

M-a-i-n-l-a-n-d-e-r

Not Corner Brook...get out Townie

newfoundland is what happens when white people are left alone.

t b h the nature and people are GOAT but the city itself isnt as pretty as St. John's
literally this
after the HUGE population boom fro mthe potato famine, they were isolated from NA until they joined Canada in '49.
it almost seems like a social experiment in how homogenous it is, with at least 90% of the people originating from the British Isles

I would actually like to visit it as a tourist someday, although I heard one negative anecdote about some bitch who didn't like St. John's.

The appeal is that I can say I've been someplace "different" without actually leaving civilization. European civilization is foreclosed; sadly, the Mona Lisa will cease to exist by the end of of the decade, on our current trend.

But there is a hope. A chance to make it right. A Trump Card.

You talk funny. That's all I know.

I see ads of Newfoundland all the time on anglo TV, it looks quite comfy.

youtube.com/watch?v=44wMG9b2_JY
youtube.com/watch?v=T9RDuHS2CFQ

t b h its the closest thing Europe with out leaving the continent
Imagine Louisiana, except without non-whites, with irish rather than french heritage, cliffy coastlines except of swamps, and maybe 2 or 3 homicides a year.

It reminds me of the Northwest continent in the original Final Fantasy game.

So how do you call people from that town? Dildos?

They should've become independent, then they could've made serious bank off of the Americans by hosting some nuclear missiles or something.

>Fucking, Austria
>Hell, Michigan

etc

I am unimpress

agreed, and the americans already had half a dozen bases from ww2 there

fuck Joey "Jewey" Smallwood

Dildonians

>t b h its the closest thing Europe with out leaving the continent

Quebec too, except Montreal.

If you have friends here you can do a screeching in ceremony. It's where you don fisherman's garb, drink our strongest alcohol Newfie Screech, chant the magic Newfie words in our native tongue and kiss a cod fish.

Hulk Hogan did this when he was here even I swear to god. Also Rule34 of this, make it happen.

You Newfies have a weird ass fucking name for a province.

well considering it was the "new found land" at the time, the first of England's colonies in North America in north america (for england), it makes perfect sense

Yeah but why do we pronounce it like that?

I like to invade this island while playing empire total war. Then i proceed to genocide natives.

because of the rapid fire, vowel skipping accent of the newfie, originating probably from their huge amount of irish immigrants due to potato famine

>Then i proceed to genocide natives
to late, already did wew

Isn't that Terranova?

i think so, said it on the red ensign, see

would love to move there, but it's hard to find a job

wish i could find a job there desu

I was surprised to find out it has only 500k people. I thought it would have at least 700k. Blew my mind.