Why is it that we have been using basically the same operating systems for decades now?

Why is it that we have been using basically the same operating systems for decades now?

Doesn't OS technology ever progress?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because we haven't.

Because why change things that aren't broken?

UNIX works just well.

Because nobody has made anything better. Loonix is fragmented upon trillions of useless distros incompatible with each other, os x is gay, and everything else is just a gimmick.

>UNIX works just well
Is that why the crushing majority of the computers in the world run some non-UNIX OS?

Except that's not true at all.

>Doesn't OS technology ever progress?
Not really.

Even if you could make something better, it wouldn't be worth it because you'd have to port your software to it.

It's all about compatibility.

Prove it then, faget.

don't fix what isn't broke.

This. Same reason we're still stuck to x86: legacy code.

Your trip sucks! Learn to trip like a real channer!
YOU HAVE TO GO BACK! REEEEEEEEEE!

(forgot trip)

but windows is broke as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

Then make something better. Waste years of time and lots of money, hire experts, release the best OS ever and see it fail as people won't want to switch to another operating system because a) it's just too much of a hassle and b) nobody made their desktop Facebook app for it.

It's just too much of a risky step no one wants to bother with. Maybe in another world that isn't ruled by capitalism.

t. toddler who never worked with actual UNIX

Not much, Unix laid the groundwork and theory for OS design.

That's a funny way to spell CP/M, user.

Well, I'll admit I don't know much about OS history, so I don't know about CP/M.

>Why is that we still using Von Neumann architecture? We have to come up with something knew!
>Why is that we still use BIOS? We have to come up with something new!
Don't you try to reinvent the wheel because "Why is that we've been using wheels for decades now".

>somehow capitalism is to blame for us not using a more modern operating system

This is how the commie mind works, friends. They are so blatantly retarded that they believe that capitalism hinders rather than helps innovation and causes products that are less useful to consumers to succeed.

Do your part to make this world a better place: Kill a Commie Today.

He's correct and you are a buttmad little troll bich. Leave this place, subhuman. We don't want you here.

Truck Nutz exist.

Post yfw you realize Windows has the youngest OS kernel out there.

>a niche humor product exists

The sky is sometimes blue and healthy grass is usually green. I own a television. Dogs are animals. Physics is a science.

If you think you made a point with what you said, you didn't.

Mach is the youngest

The original Mach was made in 1985.

Nice proof, faggot.

>WE

OS X was released in 2000 though. It was a complete POSIX rewrite too

The joke is on you, i use the greatest and latest TempleOS. Suck it CIA nigger.