Am I doing it right?

>Why not AMD? 1800x is pretty much the same.
I'm getting the 6900k for half the price. x99 is a tested tech and is stable. Since this PC will be used for my professional work, I don't want to risk going with AMD as their new tech hasn't been tested long enough yet.
>What are you using this PC for?
Mainly Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro. Might get into some 3D work too. Cinema4D perhaps.
>Why no hard drives?
Already have 5 SSDs to put in this from my previous build.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/sRm4jc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>canada

'How for half price/

>x99 is a tested tech and is stable
and also a dead end, whereas AM4 will be supported for 4 years.

>I don't want to risk going with AMD as their new tech hasn't been tested long enough yet.
are you in a hurry? the most promising competitor is a whopping week old. I'd at least wait for the first round of software updates and see how that goes.

wait for 1080 ti for same price ?

If literally all you are doing with your computer is video encoding, get Ryzen.

If you do literally anything else, get i7-7700k

no, you aren't doing it right. not getting ryzen for multithread, and somehow linking a $700+ 1080 after all the price drops.

then again, you are doing it right, as i replied to your shitpost. literally just put the most expensive components together, faggot. 1080ti already out btw.

>'How for half price/
I have an intel insider that gets me 6900K for half the price. So I got excited and already ordered it.

>$700+ 1080 after all the price drops.
Guys, I'm a Canadian masterrace. These prices are in CAD

>>'How for half price/
>I have an intel insider that gets me 6900K for half the price. So I got excited and already ordered it.
Lol, cool story bro

Not sure what you mean.

Intel employees get good deals on CPUs and SSDs.

They also have combos with Mobos and GPUs available.

count in power savings
count in upgrade costs, you'd need 2011 v55 next year or whatever to upgrade
am4 is here to stay for a long time due to how half of south bridge is on cpu now

Even at that price the 1800x is better for what you are using it for

But so few Mobos are available now. All have only 4 RAM slots.

I don't have much time. Need a PC for my new contracts asap.

Well. Fuck.

>But so few Mobos are available now. All have only 4 RAM slots.
Local shops might have boards available. I had to drive an hour to a micro center to be able to get mine.

>All have only 4 RAM slots.
you are buying only 4 sticks

mobos are feature by featutre price to price almost identical
even with current selection

no idea what electrical bill is in canada look like, but count it long term 2-3 years, count in $500 board that you'd have to buy if something goes wrong count in that you won't have to buy half pc to upgrade in a year or two, still cheaper upgrade
I don't think skylake e will be lower than 1k ever

If I'm going with such a powerful processor, do you think I will really need to upgrade in 2 years?

And even if I do, can't I sell this build for a good price? I'm saving $700 on the CPU. Might even be able to sell this build for the same price I bought it minus tax; which is what I just did with my 2014 build.

>do you think I will really need to upgrade in 2 years?
the point is you can effortlessly
you can't do it painless with 6900K

I'm so pissed now.

I have the option of selling the 6900K and building a 1800x system, but there are two issues: One is, if the relative who is getting it for me figures out, it will be really bad. And second, I'm really afraid I might regret it.

When x99 first came out, the mobos were garbage. MSI SLI Plus were faulty as fuck. Lots of issues. I fear that this new AMD technology can be buggy too, and the cost for me is high if it affects my work.

>x99 is a tested tech and is stable

>somehow linking a $700+ 1080 after all the price drops.

He's Canadian.

>$540 motherboard

>can be buggy too
no burned down chips yet, x99 had some first few days

Paying as much for RAM as for GPU.
>Children, this is bait.

>Intel
>professional work

Pick one and only one.

If you need it for work and need it now, hard to go wrong.
Next build will be amd though, as growing pains will be gone from the new hardware, and possibly getting a server cpu with 16 cores for the price of the 8 core intel.

>This
If you need new computer now this is a good build, OP. Also I'm jealous, because I could never afford it with the kind of a job I have in a country I live in. Good for you.

so you are a pro

BUT

you bought a case without a window

and you bought one of the slowest memories ever WITH LED

something tells me that you are most probably shilling and more so failing hard at it

Going with a 6900k makes you fucking retarded.

Jesus christ.
The one intel chip that is completely destroyed by Ryzen and you jump all over it. Christ.

Indeed, even with canadabux that's like nearly 50% too much.
Probably because >LED RAM

>AM4 boards are stable

Has any micro processor line "malfunctioned" in real life like ever in history? I personally never heard of this happening, at worst you can fry it by using a bad cooler, or during an electrical power surge, but a processor without manufacturing issues is practically impossible to malfunction by itself in normal conditions, it either works forever or it doesn't turn on the first time so I don't get what you need to test.

>6900k
>literally worse than Ryzen in EVERY way possible

16 x 4= ?

>LED RAM

Just so you know, even with all the discounts you're still paying 40% more for the same performace.

>their new tech hasn't been tested long enough yet.

Only the PSU is fine and maybe the case, rest is overpriced or in a bad momentum

>I'm getting the 6900k for half the price
Still 500$ more than 1800x + mobo
And 600$ more than 1700x which is more comparable

Retard

>Picking the dead 2011 socket over the fresh expected long live am4
Its like when faggots got jewed in the MUH HIGH PERFORMANCE 1366 socket, wich was killed 3 years after launch.
All i can read is, yes i think the jews could have a better use for my money than me.

>buying a 1080 in this day and age
>le current dynasty

Professional work and processor wise, 1800x still > 6900K, even without optimisations and program patches which will occur in the next 3 months to further edge out the intel 3 year old architecture rehashes

Plus if you plan to do any kind of above HD gaming know that the 1800X beats even the 7700K by 50% for the minimum fps in GTA 5, a game typically considered a good bench for processor power in terms of video ability and relatively relaxed loads due to 8 cores and 16 threads able to feed into the next gen of hyperthreading and core optimisation that even 2 year old games utilise, but few currently do due to intel 4 core monopololy attempting to shill out every quad core before they drop them next year

tl;dr AMD 1800X will deliver and keep delivering with optimisation that intel had an 8 year head start on

if you can get any intel cpu at half price then you should just be getting a 6950x

also pick a cheaper mobo/ram and use the saved money to get a 1080ti instead

I wanted a good balance between core count and clock speed. 6900K seems to be the best CPU for Adobe After Effects / Premiere Pro work.

>Intel insider
>brag bout it on Sup Forums
Fuck off shills, unless you share the discount too.

I don't give a shit about Intel. Of course most companies give big discounts to their employees. Who's bragging?

All I'm asking is, if I can get 6900K for the same price as 1800x, isn't it wise to do it - since this is a PC I make a living with and there is no room for error - hence don't want to deal with the early launch issues of AM4.

you sound like a market analyst

Just don't wanna fuck this up! It's my life.

If only I could wait 2 months, I would, so AM4 gets tested and if all is good, I would go with 1800x.

I can't even wait for the next gen i7. Contract works are coming my way and I gotta build fast.

The CPU will arrive on Monday. I still have the option of selling it on Craigslist and buying 1800x. But they are literally the same price for me. I'm just confused and want to avoid regret in the future.

Replacing the motherboard with a B150M-A D3 and the CPU with an i5 6600. Thoughts? I only have 400$ to spend.

2/10, got me to reply.

Save your money.

don't
8350 is literally sandy right now, specially if you OC high
wait for r5 to see what is what

is $700 really that much for you? are you getting paid for complicated editing work in peanuts or something?

Nigga wait it out.

I'm getting stuttering in my games and I was told it's because of my CPU + mobo bottlenecked at the nvidia 960... What do I do?

You made this thread already. Resell the 6900k before it loses its value and get a 1700.

it's true, but wait it out a bit
prelim 4c tests of ryzen show that its really good at 4c/8c and won't be more expensive than $200, most likely $160

i5 you can't OC is useless as is, will be even more useless soon

To add to this, the Ryzen chip will be good enough to get you through a few projects. If you aren't satisfied with it, it's cheap enough that you can just keep it as a backup machine which you should have if you're serious about your work. I always have two machines, BECAUSE NO MACHINE IS 100% RELIABLE. It doesn't matter the platform. It's the same thinking that RAID is a backup.

Fine... this sucks. Well I only got this heap of crap for 800$. Never again will I go the AMD route.

I'm also waiting to buy a new computer but I do not want to get an i5. It's pretty much i7-7700 or 7700K or nothing for me at the moment, but since I'm poor I gotta save a little more.

Would Ryzen 5 be interesting for me? Or should I just get an i7-7700(K)? I'm not a huge fan of AMD, as much as I want them to succeed I haven't had really good experiences with them in the past. I'm even annoyed at the idea of getting a RX 480 and thinking of saving up for an nvidia like a good goy.

r5 going to be pure value
it's same arch at 4c and 3.7Ghz, basically r7 1700x gaming wise but twice cheaper

1800x master race reporting in.

Take your time, look at benches in software that matters most to you.

I will say the 7700 is a hell of a chip. Doesn't run as hot as they say but maybe just got lucky. Run mine at 4.7 until I get a new psu, Adobe cc is silky smooth. Tho I am very curious if the amd stuff does get some kinks worked out. So far I have not seen any hard evidence on that end.

Fucking australians

I see.

If I go down the 7700K route I was planning on getting the best cooling system possible, but not the point of ruining myself either... any recommendations? I have no idea what's good and what works well in that regard.

Posting here cause this really doesn't need it's own thread. Roommate upgraded and is offering me his setup for $400. It's in good shape desu I'm not sure why he's upgrading from what I've seen it still plays gaymes good. I've played bf1 and bf4 on it max graphics at 40-50fps 1080p and I've done a lot of my video editing on it.
Here's the part list keep in mind I'd be getting it for 400 used but nice condition.
pcpartpicker.com/list/sRm4jc

I mainly want it for rendering my gopro car and motorcycle footage and light gaming. And basic school shit. I have a cheap hp laptop that is pretty shit right now.

Oh it also comes with an old 2010 Razer death adder mouse, a Logitech g15 keyboard, and an old but working dell 23" 1080p monitor. I'd probably add a 1tb hdd for my video storage and whatnot

>$540 motherboard
>it's so much cheaper guys xdDDDDDDDDDddddddd

Lmao it's $600 more for the cpu+motherboard than the $500 1800X and a $180 equivalent motherboard.

Your best bet is to sell the 6900k since you already ordered it. Maybe you can get an extra 100leafbux for it.

Your system is pretty dogshit in every way describable except the cooler.
You're beyond help so I'm just not really going to try, and I'll just leave you with that.