Insults

Insults in English that you wish had a good translation in your language.

Mouthbreather. I would love dearly to call certain people this, but there is no non-awkward way of saying it. Fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eAGe1eRfuTw
stuffdutchpeoplelike.com/2011/07/26/dutch-swears-with-diseases/
youtu.be/kOjUL8LwUsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like the term jackass, but sadly there is no decent translation.

Douchebag

Douchebag probably. Mouthbreather would be nice too.
youtu.be/eAGe1eRfuTw

You can make so many sweet insults using variations of the word fuck. Fucktard, fuckface, motherfucker, fuck-nugget etc.

We elevated insulting other people to an Art centuries ago, so other countries' ways of doing it seem crude and ineffectual in comparison.

If you're not willing to put some effort into it (which probably makes you far better persons than us, let's face it) then the Japanese way of insulting is probably your best bet : just unusual ways of saying "you". Ki-sama, teme, onore... which are one-size-fits-all.

Real good insults have to be tailored on the spot for your specific victim and the specific situation. They neeed both a copious amount of training beforehand (it's a lifetime quest to become the most offensive person alive) and quick thinking on the spur of the moment.

They all have :D But i love the most
homo, immigrant and beardkid

Spawn of alcohol incest.
Russian dog
Rusak
Pidorashque

>Spawn of alcohol incest

An example of crude and inefficient. Only the truth hurts; if your victim's parents were neither alcoholic nor family, the insult won't work, and you will be seen as a moron.
You want the exact opposite result, hit where it really hurts AND be seen as a smart (if detestable) person.

So, again: for "civilian" use, stick to vague insults like the Japanese. In English it would be "you..." - and you let your victim fill the ellipsis in its mind. You'll be surprised at how effective it can be.
For "military grade" insults, it's a lot more complicated, and I'm not giving away military secrets to foreign powers ^^

Mouthbreather? Is this another tired 4chin insult?

>the insult won't work, and you will be seen as a moron.
There's cult of mother here, mother ans soldier, to be accurate. Any kind of insult about mother often like rapier in heart. So, that is why there's tons on insulting in dota from russian players like i fuck your mum and others like this.
And i remember another fine russian insult "i fuck your coffin, goathead"

japanese in general doesn't have good insults

it really bothers me

>Spawn of alcohol incest.
Just call us Brits like everyone else does.

ruskies and brits are brothers in many aspects of life.

Thank you, that's interesting and informative. I noticed the same in Maghreb countries, they take offense when their mother is insulted even if the insult isn't even remotely true.
I guess I may use it if I ever need to insult a Russian.

Really? I find their way really efficient and economical.

If you need to insult russian, you can shit about russian army too. Some of russians got mad if you told to them things like AK a shit, t-90 a shit, and so on. Things like that stalin waste 35kk people and in nothing, that russia would lose without USA lendlease supplies are good too.

Yeah, English sure has Japanese beat, there.

I like it when Americans call each other "you fuck"

it's really hard to convey in Polish

We've been allies with Russia or the USSR for quite some time though, so I can't do that, it's off bounds.
Even the Stalin era was pretty cool (for us), Normandie-Niemen Squadron (Stalin gifted us the YaK-9 fighters after the war), and he turned over the French SS he had captured to let us decide what to do with them.

Russian military is really good, you guys won WW2, and if you have some shit weapons, well who doesn't?

Neckbeard would be nice to have.

Nigger.
Ain't no word like it

cunt

What are some good insults in your language which have no obvious english translation?

No it was a popular insult before you were born kiddo

any insult with "jeb" in it I think Russian works the same

Dipshit, ofc there are translations, but this word sounds awesome.

Jjokbari

Give some good examples of French insults.

Mouth breather

As the Ruski said.

German m8s told me Germans don't really swear, is that true?
kusipää

>Germans don't really swear
Of course we do, dummer Nuttensohn

Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère.

Raclure (de bidet)
Sac à merde
Fumiste
Sale/petit/gros/vieux con
Baderne
Foutriquet

And you can invent pretty much anything that sounds offensive. French is a language that can be easily and creatively played with.

I wasn't aware mouthbreather was so poopular

>German m8s told me Germans don't really swear, is that true?
lol what?

Many. The word "con" alone can take a bewildering variety of meanings, depending on the adjective before it.

"Sale con" (dirty cunt) : the nasty variety
"Gros con" (big cunt) : that one is almost affectionate
"Grand con" (tall cunt, but rather childish cunt) : that one never really grew up, again almost affectionate
"Petit con" (kiddy cunt): needs to grow up
"Vieux con" (old cunt): senile and set in his ways
"Vrai con" (true cunt): irredeemable
"Pauvre con" (poor, pathetic cunt): not really his fault, and hard to resent since he's such a loser

And so on. You need to choose carefully, like ammo types for a given gun. One for each job. And obviously you can make a custom one on the spot if it's needed.

Insulting is a big part of our culture, I'm not sure it's the case in other ones, which would explain why we gave it much more thought.

More closer to dickhead. You can only call someone kusipää if they do something dickheadish, but you can call someone cunt with out a particular reason.

durchstreichen dies
I was asking them what German swear words there are and they implied that Germans don't really swear.

Lannister

I remember being told that a common German insult was "victim" translated, I've always thought that was a good one

You can do that with all swear words in UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

If you swear at your mate in the US or Canada they'll get really offended.

>read OP wrong
>thought he said "Insults in your language that you wish had a good translation in English"
>started to write that mouthbreather was a real insult
>reread OP
>now I feel retarded
>now I'm getting my helium tank

T-t-t-thanks OP

>Connard con

Bouffon
Sous-merde
Enflure

And when you get to clichés/specialities/nationalities, it gets on a whole new level.

Nice try, that's the idea but it wouldn't work in that case since it's a pleonasm.
Try again, this time with an adjective you think describes a Frenchman.

Extra points if it sounds good.

Wetback

never knew french was so similar to aussie

>Try again, this time with an adjective you think describes a Frenchman.

fraternel

In the Netherlands we swear with diseases.

Kankerlijer = person who suffers from cancer
Teringlijer = person who suffers from tuberculoses
Tyfuslijer = person who suffers from typhus
Tyfushond = typhus dog

Pestjong = innocent insult meaning pestilence / plagued kid
Pokkejoch = innocent insult meaning a kid who suffers from small pocks

Graftak = grave branch which is an annoying
old woman
Kreng = cadaver which is annoying woman

bosneger = forest nigger
haatbaard = hate beard is a radical muslim
NSB'er = a member of the Dutch nazi party in WW2, a traitor
spleetoog = slanty eyes

Kankeren = cancering which means complaining
Mierenneuken = ant fucking, which means nit picking

I don't know about that, I called some brit a "paki" on teamspeak and he never came back.

Maybe he was a genuine paki.

In which case you're a good lad.

Really? you practice the noble Art of insulting people too? that's nice to hear. Maybe we can organize competitions, and even petition to make it an Olympic discipline?

>Rusak
We use that one too

>I was asking them what German swear words there are and they implied that Germans don't really swear.
that's total bullshit though, we have quite a lot of swear words I guess and use them fairly often, depending on the people around you of course
some universal words that are similar to fuck(ing) would be beschissen (shitty), behindert (retarded) for example, or gefickt (get fucked) etc

and tons of actual insults of course

kanaken use slang like Opfer (victim), but it's more of a (muslim) foreigner low class trash word

I'm so white that I'm predisposed to all sorts of skin ailments, and I skipped my first year of college. I also won a county-wide poetry contest in middle school.

Don't bother responding, the helium is making me drowsjfdhjsdfghjkdfsjkgdsgcvmn, nvdn vsuj

Slang for talking a lot is ouwe hoeren, which means "old hookering". Like you talk a lot like an old hooker.

If you get scared we say you got leprosy.

>Confraternel

oh you.jpg

Reminds me of the lexical differences between France and Québec when it comes to insults

Metropolitan French uses scatological/filthy elements to compose insultes (merde = shit, putain = whore, bordel = whorehouse, etc)

Québéquois use vocabular relating to the catholic liturgics, such as Christ (not the English way), chalice, ostie (holy bread), etc

Klerelijer = someone who got cholera

You can use it like sterf klerelijer. Die cholera-ridden person.

>ant fucking
we have the same, with fly fucking (enculeur de mouche)

Takkewijf = woman who suffers from a stroke.

could go as nekhijger here but its far from popular

France began to gradually become atheist ("problème de l'incroyance") as soon as the 16th century, and by the 18th it had begun to spread quite a bit, maybe that's why.

But really efficient insults are not vulgar or general purpose, you just describe your victim's shortcoming with precise words.

"Ignorant clown"
"Colossal moron"
"Sinister fool"
"Englishman"

"tiny man"

>be French
>have needlessly long insults

cf. Polish "zjeb" - a fucking failure

Lappen (means rag and is a catch-all term for betas)

It's not a hard insult but I like the sound of it, especially when spoken in my regional dialect. It's not really offensive, more like something you call your friends (like cunt for Aussies).

Can't think of a German insult that doesn't have an adequate translation. Maybe Missgeburt, which means monstrosity or abortion, but that:s a poor translation that doesn't really reflect the offensiveness. It also sounds far more badass in German

stuffdutchpeoplelike.com/2011/07/26/dutch-swears-with-diseases/

Just like Hurensohn (can you guess the english meaning?) this is a term that is mostly reserved to our fellow turkish citizens and lower class white chavs.

"get a dog up ya, cunt"

sjebis' ujeboc jebannyj, mamu tvoju jebal ujeban

What does Galah mean? Hope I spelt it right.

You know in the middle ages if you got a certain disease it means god had punished you for being a terrible person.

So swearing with diseases is quite logical if you're talking with a bad person.

it's a bird

There's no insult that doesn't have a translation, but the way we link words doesn't sound as good/offensive in english.

"May the vultures scavenge your ass." or "I'll dry my socks on your mother's cross." sounds a lot more acidic and spiteful in romanian, while it sounds silly as shit in english.

>Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère
Somebody had seen Matrix.

>have needlessly long insults

That wasn't French, that was English. Just to explain the mechanics.

"Con" is a 3 letter word
"zjeb" is a 4 letter word

you do the math, you subhuman toilet cleaner.

Holy fuck didn't even realize that one

;^)

both are one syllable words, Polish syllabic onsets are more complex because our phonology actually allows it

>romancebabies can't stack sounds

So you're basically asking God to punish this person with a deadly affliction.

>boasts about creative insults
>finds nothing better than "subhuman toilet cleaner"

Bonus points, that would sound cringy as fuck in French.

What's next, POO IN LOO ?

calm down he's probably a bilal

Gypsies have based as fuck insults around here.

A lot of it resolves around the other's "deads"

Go eat your deads, I fuck your deads, the blood of your deads, etc, etc

>Missgeburt
like this guy said it doesn't really have a proper translation and it's a really strong insult because you basically attack someone's whole existence with it
if you use it you should be prepared to fight

>Pfeife
means "whistle", you use it for someone who fucks up on a regular basis

I love listening to people swear when it's justified and from the heart

youtu.be/kOjUL8LwUsE

i know all that. But, thing is, that all this memory is now turn to cancer, it's all covered with thick bed of madness and lie. it's all false now, it can and must be vaporized.

He's a Pole, no need to get creative. And I wasn't posting in French - which he most likely doesn't understand.
I did say "tailored to your victim". But you need to know him a bit to do that.

Whoreson?

That's surprising, we learned ot from German exchange students and I don't remember many poor amongst them

Frenchies I believe this construction company's logo requires your appraisal.
Personally I think it's quite apposite.

That's noice cunt collection here.
>"Grand con" (tall cunt, but rather childish cunt) : that one never really grew up, again almost affectionate
That's my biggest pain in ass. I always atreccted to such cunts.

The plumber is right

Alf Stewart from the TV show home and away does great galah insults.

Holy fucking fedora.

Stop wanking over a sophistication you do not have.

Pleb.

I love it (even though you probably don't say it the way we would)

>you knobend
>using wanker and fucking hell
I die every time, like I know Brits talk like this but it still gets me

Chirac is the stereotypical grand con.
That's how De Gaulle called him.

Hahahaha, they may have a hard time doing business here.

That's quite good.
>Tyfushond = typhus dog
We've got similar phrase, but typhus changed to syphilis.

dumbass motherfucker
absolute fucking retard
cunt
piece of shit
shit eater
braindead

(I'm brazilian)

mouthbreather is also fucking great.

It's not my sophistication, it's age-old French culture.

grow-con
They have to know. They fucking have to. They're an Italian family. They can't be that ignorant.

man i could watch this all day