Do you think this is a good entry level gaming pc?

Do you think this is a good entry level gaming pc?

Case is still undecided.

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Athlon-II-X4-860K-vs-Intel-Pentium-G4560/3265vs3892
youtu.be/0kjBdWdRo3w
youtube.com/watch?v=dichjs9HXTg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good? Heaven's no. Dual core even with HT is garbage today. It's usable.

not really

Athlon x860k is better.

The g4560 is incredibly good for its price, coupled with the 470 it should do very well.
What's a better combination for such a low price?

Get dual channel memory, don't let anyone tell you it doesn't help(look up fallout 4 benchmarks if you don't believe me), other than that looks good.

I always wondered about the difference between 1x8 and 2x4 but now that i googled it, it seems 2x4 really is a bit faster.
So thanks for the input.

Literally my setup but I used a 460. Like user said fix your RAM.

Which case did you get?

Not limiting yourself to such a low price. If you're gonna put yourself in a spot where you have to upgrade soon anyway, might as well upgrade right now to get it over with.
Otherwise you'll end up buying a brand new CPU and board soon.

If your poor as shit then I guess thats fine.
pretty sure it will be weaker than my pc I built in 2012 and haven't upgraded the graphics card for 3 years but I guess it will be cheaper

Cooler Master N200.

I cant say how your PC will perform as a gaming rig, I'm still playing TW:Medieval 2 and Age of Empires 2. But it's comfy and don't let anyone tell you the G4560 is a bad decision. AMD won't beat that price.

On a serious note I play Overwatch 1080p 60fps on Ultra, but that game is easy on requirements so its not saying much. Your 470 is fine for a budget build .

>Athlon x860k is better.

Lol, right cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Athlon-II-X4-860K-vs-Intel-Pentium-G4560/3265vs3892

That is a good entry level gaming pc OP. Cheap as fuck, yet decently powerful with huge upgrade path.

Since it's a popular combo there's many gameplay videos like youtu.be/0kjBdWdRo3w and it seems to be performing very well for the cheap as fuck price.
Maybe i should also mention that it's for 1080p and most of the times not even AAA titles like Witcher 3 or Battlefield 1 (where it would perform well nonetheless anyway).

wait for the cheap zen chips

Is that the newest Pentium? Get that one

Then the answer is yes

Games like GTAV and BF1 will rape it. Hitman too. I mean if you're fine with the 30 FPS experience, the CPU is okay.

OP its fine just make sure if you stream to set it to VNC encoding so that it doesnt use your cpu since you only have 2 cores.

Nice meme, retard.

You are free to get burned by it.

>Games like GTAV and BF1 will rape it

But that's bullshit. GTA V relies on a small amount of strong cores and you can see here that BF1 never drops below 60fps. Watch Dogs 2 and Hitman are valid examples of games that will choke it, but they're an extreme minority. For 99.9% of games, a G4560 will provide you with a stable 60fps at 1080p.

Oh no, "burned" to the tune of $60 and able to drop an i5 or i7 in to replace it when it's outlived its usefulness. How will I ever recover?

Sorry that nobody wanted your terrible advice, dumbass.

Yes it's fine
is retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=dichjs9HXTg

wait for ryzen r3,
stupid fucks.

Could just drop an i5 in there to begin with. Suddenly you saved 60 bucks.

Looks pretty damn good to me

AMD waitfags are so delusional

The R7 1700 crushes the 7700K in anything makes good use of it's 16 threads

Wrong, they can get 60 fps

g4560 is 60$, quad core ryzen will cost at least twice as much you fucking retard.

Games clearly don't make use of it's 16 threads?

and the intel chips are only 10fps faster on average once you get your R7 chip to 4ghz

>Not at 4GHz

Jesus, did you even read his post?

A lot of illiteracy for a hired shill.

Look at this cuck

Some Youtube channel did a review of this combination, it was pretty good but don't expect 60FPS in a lot of games at 1080p.

Check on JET.com right now there is a 470 on sale for $115 after coupon and rebate.

>no frametimes
Enjoy your choppy chips

Pic related, and this is with none of the problems of Ryzen solved

>gaming

>not waiting for the superior R3 & R5 chips
DID I FUCKING STUTTER?

SMOOTH AS FUCK