So Sup Forums as a beginner to IRC how would I fit in? I don't want to be sniffed out as a sperglord

So Sup Forums as a beginner to IRC how would I fit in? I don't want to be sniffed out as a sperglord

You'll be surprised how big of a sperglord one can be when you get accustomed with the regulars on most IRC channels.

irc is exclusively for sperglords

The only people on IRC are sperglords

>IRC
>I don't want to be sniffed out as a sperglord
Oh don't worry, you'll fit right in. Just do what you already do here: lurk around until you get a feel for the culture / unspoken rules.

Don't overdo it. Just calm down and lurk more.

Can they see your IP in IRC?

IRC is a massive circlejerk so do lots of lurking

Depends if it was configured to broadcast it or not, some hide it and most don't.

Learn how to idle.

>how do i go into chat rooms and talk to people

the same way you started posting here, just lurk the channel a bit and talk ffs.

>and most don't.
But that's fucked up.

IRC was never made with privacy and anonimity in mind. You're not anonymous and most of IRC doesn't have a problem with that.

Rizon and SynIRC hide your IP.
You can also request a virtual hostname to cover your original one.

Regular: [email protected]
Vhost: [email protected]

PS. they prolly won't accept that vhost lol

this

and that's why it's still goat after all those years

freenode (where all FOSS devs are) shows your whole hostname: ip + host

Really depends what chans you're joining.
Some of them are very welcoming to newcomers, and others not so much.

also bouncers

literally lurk moar (in IRC)

>IRC
>rules
rules are whatever the man-children that has the power in the channel or network want them to be at that specific time.

irc is dead.

q
>rules are whatever the man-children that has the power in the channel or network want them to be at that specific time.

Kek, this
There is no greater tyrant than a fat neck beard irc admim

There are a few very laid back IRC chans that only ban people for annoying shit like mass highlighting, spamming, etc.
Most of them are pretty small about the rules though.

/connect -ssl -ssl_verify irc.rizon.net

/join #baot

Enjoy.

xdcc list