Norwegian pre-17th of May circle jerk thread

Norwegian pre-17th of May circle jerk thread.

As I'm assuming most of my fellow Norwegians will be spending the days with our friends or family (right, guys?), let's warm up for this glorious day, by rehearsing some songs, sharing our memories of the day, discussing bunads, etc.

Are you joining any of the parades this year?

For foreigners:

17th of May is our national day, where we celebrate our constitution.

National anthem:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLjIyL4gWtg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iXoOqaeRXc8
youtube.com/watch?v=A6gYivR6mWc
youtube.com/watch?v=YGbnOgORd2U
youtube.com/watch?v=VTiZ2MaQ82E
youtube.com/watch?v=bJGeSRJ5MMQ
greatestsportingnation.com/content/why-do-norway-continue-top-capita-rankings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Norge i rodt, hvitt og blått er bedre fåvæ

>National anthem:

alternative:

>all those fascist flags
how intolerant

>national pride
>beautiful environment
>prosperity cuz muh oil
>not following Sweden in insane immigration policy

fucking dammit why was I born in this meme ""country""
is there even anything bad about living in Norway? all I can think of is girls are sluts/hook up culture is big there (I can't believe russ is a thing jeezes get it together Norge) but that's just a minor thing

it's called patriotism you fat fuck

stop this meme, there is nothing to celebrate anymore, the country is dead, europe is dead

I was only memeing, calm down m8

this

>>prosperity cuz muh oil

no you fucking waffle, it's cuz of muh smart and pretty, not cuz oil

Russ is a passing thing.

Don't live in the north during winter if you don't like darkness.

We'd be rich as fuck even without oil. Oil has made us filthy rich, yes, but there are a lot of other factors that would have made us prosperous regardless of oil.

>meme ""country""
You'd know all about that, wouldn't you.

>like nationalism
>born in Belgium

Har noen landsmenn en herrebunad? Verdt det? Har veldig god okonomi så prisen takler jeg, men er redd jeg bare kommer til å bruke den en gang i året, og da foler jeg det ikke er verdt det.

Bump

Gledelig jul!

The English translation that youtube video gives for the Norwegian lyrics seem incorrect in several instances. What gives? Is my Norwegian that bad still or did the uploader make many mistakes? I noticed they disabled the comments.

t. Norwegian language student

Post pretty Norwegian girls. Whenever someone posts a Voe pic there's a horde of Norwegians going "top kek she's average here" so I'm curious as to what you guys consider a 10/10.

I only know of two other norske jenter that get posted regularly.

>boring as shit
>too cold

It will be with that attitude

You are correct, Amerifriend. I would guess it is because doing a literal translation is hard as a lot of the words in the song are rarely used in daily speech, some lack a good English word for it, and would make the song seem very weird. While the wording itself isn't correctly translated, the meaning of the sentences has been kept intact and sounds better than they would if he had made a literal translation of every word. I'd say he did a good job.

I have noticed that this happens a lot when translating Norwegian to English and English to Norwegian.

>europe.txt

t. angry landlocked swizz

angry cuz he dosn't know what sea is

>norwegian ""sea""

Now, some funfacts related to 17th of may:

The constitution we celebrate this day, originally banned Jews entirely from entering Norway. "Jews are still denied access to the realm", it said. This was a continuation of Christian the 5th's law, that said no Jews could enter Norway without royal decree. The constitution fathers hated jews so much they felt this needed to be part of our constitution, and that not even the king could have the power to allow them in.

While "Ja, vi elsker" is recognized as our national anthem, the only song that has been recognized by parliament as our national anthem is "Norges Skaal" (Norway's Toast). basically a drinking song that the Norwegian Society at University of Copenhagen used to sing in their meetings, back when Norway had no university and was in a union with Denmark.

t. uneducated swizz

>Swiss """"""sea""""""

about time you move from the country now user, it's not made for you kek

daily reminder that the norwegian constitusion is a copy of the american one

What do you mean?

>will

It's long past happened.

what I mean is what I wrote you stupid uneducated hillbilly fuck

It's an improved version regarding civil liberties, though. It was also inspired by several ideas from the French revolution.

Also, it obviously differs in some ways: guns aren't mentioned, the role of our church, and of course monarchy.

Spouting buzzwords doesn't add substance to what you said.

>monarchy
can legally be removed by the people

Yes, of course. I'm hoping for it to happen, even though I like the king and the crown prince. Martha and Ari, on the other hand...

monarchy in Norway was based in 1940 against Hitler

royal bump

what do cities/towns that are not Oslo do on 17. mai? What kind of festivities go on?

Every town has a children's parade in the morning, with a big band in front. They usually start at the local school and ends somewhere appropriate, like a town square. At the end of the parade, the major and other important people hold speeches. Often, sports unions and teams will arrange games for kids for free.

Everyone eats cake and sausages. People without children get drunk.

People either eat out or hold BBQ parties or eat traditional Norwegian food.

In the afternoon, there is the citizens parade, for grownups. All kinds of departments, organizations and just normal people attend. Often, fire trucks, police cars etc. are in front and children get to sit in them and turn the sirens on.

Students often have a champagne breakfast, go watch the parades and get drunk in bars and pubs afterwards.

They have parades of their own, like in the picture in the OP. There are a few local traditions, but generally we do the same all over the country.
National TV broadcasts the celebration all over Norway. When I lived in Bergen I used to enjoy watching the celebration in Oslo. Now that I live in Oslo, I tune in to watch the rest of the country.

Bergen has the best celebration, that is common knowledge

fuck sweden

bergen is not a part of norway

youtube.com/watch?v=A6gYivR6mWc
SIEG

Fuck off, seperatist

>seperatist

Mange Bergensere og Hordalandspatrioter er ufyselige seperatister, om enn i skapet

Will it be like what happened in Occupied?

>Bergen
youtube.com/watch?v=YGbnOgORd2U

>seperatister

Agreed, friend. Nordic union without Sweden when?

Bergen is truly a wonderful place

Great place, shit people. Applies to most of Western Norway desu.

b-but when I last was in Bergen the people were superfriendly

Not to mention beautiful and pure

>pure

yes they too like to wash themselves

>pure

t. Oslo

t. Bygda?

Nei, Drammen. Ser bare ikke problemet med Vestlendinger.

Only if finnish is the official state language

Icelandic*
We stick to the purest Nordic language, instead of one that isn't Nordic at all.

>pure

I bet he is full of steoroids
youtube.com/watch?v=VTiZ2MaQ82E

Sjæl, jeg brever fra 3038.

Det er ikke vestlendinger generelt som får meg til å heve et oyebryn, men heller konseptet "rene, ubesudlede mennesker". Det er en ganske grovkornet romantisering av den norske folkesjela, sdm.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE GIVE #1 HDI STATUS REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Time for your daily ration

you can purchase it for one million oils

>Australia

What am I looking at?

Eksplosjoner i Stockholm.

DET ER FOR SENT
DERE KUNNE HA STOPPET DETTE

The list over the best chess players in the world.

Try to find the best Australian chess player.

KAN DU SLUTTE

Å SPAMME DEN ELDGAMLE MEGMEGEN DIN?!?

Hei saetre
brev eazy

Ro deg ned min mann

>Caring about fucking chess
KEK

Look at our olympic medal tally every year. We are objectively the best allrond sporting nation for our population size.

And that's not even including the fact that 90% of our sportsmen go into AFL, NRL or cricket.

BARA

DURN I HELVETE

Strayapoors can't into winter olympics AKA best olympics.

Dette er nå en durne-tråd

>Literally who?: The olympics

t. pedophile

>2009-10 Sup Forums vil aldri komme tilbake
>Det vil aldri være et treigt brett med de samma breverne hver dag igjen

Skiing:
>Practical
>Cool
>Can save your life
>Useful for gorilla warfare when the ruskies come

Aussie "football"
>Gay
>Only pansies play it
>No practical skills learnt
>Can't use it in war

>Can save your life
>Having alpine weather
Top cuck

>Used for gorilla warfare when the ruskies come
>Implying the athletic ability created by AFL isn't 100x more useful when the chinks come

>Aussie football
>Gay
>Only pansies play it
>No practical skills learnt
KEK, I think you're mistaking it for football lad.

youtube.com/watch?v=bJGeSRJ5MMQ

>We are objectively the best allrond sporting nation for our population size.
Get fucked. Learn to winter.

greatestsportingnation.com/content/why-do-norway-continue-top-capita-rankings

>Bunch of men in short shorts fondling eachother
Yeah, not gay at all mate

Literally no one cares about the Winter olympics other than at most 20 countries, in contrast to the 150+ in the summer ones.

AFL literally requires perhaps the most athletic ability of any sport in the world. Hand and foot skills, core strength, speed, endurance etc

> Hand and foot skills, core strength, speed, endurance etc
All essential gay-sex skills

>Literally no one cares about the Winter olympics, except for all the white countries in the world
Fixed that for you, my friend.