NOKIA WON MWC 2017

They're rolling out 5G networks all over the world that are 5 times faster than the fastest Google Fiber.

First countries to get it are Finland, Estonia, Japan and South Korea.

Other urls found in this thread:

networks.nokia.com/innovation/5g
youtube.com/watch?v=7M6-NLm0GBM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Nokia
memes
>GSMA
bullshit about 4G

The butthurt is real networks.nokia.com/innovation/5g

5G will AT BEST mean a 1gbps fiber optic line will feed into a 5G tower which will split all that bandwidth between ~100 customers resulting in a steady 10mbps for all if everyone uses it at the same time.

>AMD unmentioned

ok cool.

when will unlimited mobile connection be market standard in the industry? Im still waiting for that.

And no it is not "here yet", just because one MISP offers (((unlimited))) for 200$/month dosent make it unlimited.

>Intel and Nokia discuss 5G collaboration

AMD BABIES ON SUICIDE WATCH

2G and 3G networks need to shut down to free up rf space, I don't even see the point in having DVB-T / T2 it should all go with 5G.
Europe should have single band for 5G maybe ~700MHz.

Never in America. Enjoy your """""free market"""" """""trickle down economics"""""

Bullshit
Shutting 3G down would be idiotic as a ton of devices only have 3G modems
Hell, i'm still using a Nexus 4 which i bought on release and it works perfectly, even if it doesn't support 4G

well you have time until 2020 to buy new one

Assblasted burger detected. I'm already getting ~50-100Mbps on 4G, and that's not even its final form as the operators have been busy uprating their lines to enable 300Mbps speeds.

The 5G on the other hand is on a whole another level and the test networks they have been demoing here have been pushing something like 5Gbps to the clients with speeds up to 15Gbps. The main improvement however is the absurdly low latencies they can archive enabling wireless buzzword-things never possible before

>imgur
>reddit

Or you could feed 5G towers with more 5G towers
Much cheaper than laying fiber optic

3G networks are being shut down all over the place in burgerland. All the major carriers are clearing out old 2G/3G stuff to reallocate the spectrum to LTE/VoLTE. AT&T for instance split their 1900 band into 2 channels UMTS (2x5MHz, 1 channel LTE 5 MHz), and now are shutting down UMTS completely on that band for 15 MHz LTE (this is happening pretty rapidly on the east coast).

I commissioned an iDAS for a stadium all the way back in 2014 that had all four (700/850/1900/AWS) of Verizon's bands as MIMO LTE.

So cry and call them idiotic as much as you want; the industry is moving on with or without you.

> Ubuntu was discussed more than LG and levovo

>Finland

Why is Finland so silent from everything overall?

Yeah sure it's neighbor is vodka land, but still, you just hear a few things from there from time to time.

The rest of the world is practically whoring itself with attention, but not Finland.

It's just... There...

They're autistic, shy and alcoholics

It's a country filled with introverted Autists.

Read about mmWave, MiMo and educate yourself

my dad work in bell labs in new jersey which is owned by nokia now and he is telling me that the 5g is gonna be super fast that it will destroy all latency issues of cloud streaming

Who gives a shit? I haven't even bought LTE data for my phone because H+ is cheaper and plenty fast for a phone (like 40-50 mb down).

>AT BEST mean a 1gbps fiber optic line
Why would you think that?

Most 4G towers are already fed by a 1gbps fiber link.

5G could easily upgrade to 10 or 40gbps links.

>1gbps fiber optic line
you can run like 300 gbps on two fibre strands

We're depressed and unintelligent shitheads with a colossal inferiority complex. We hope for more visibility, but we're too sad to get it.

Who cares if the data cap is 2GB and after that you get beautiful 64kbit/s

>tfw accidentally broke months datacap in 1.6s

Pro tip: ITU hasn't even finalized what technical goals a 5G standard must meet, let alone select the tech that will be used for 5G.

Qualcomm, Nokia, Samsung, Huawei, and others all have their own proposals for 5G, and it will be a long time before some global standard is selected from various pieces of the proposals submitted by those companies.

>Pro tip: ITU hasn't even finalized what technical goals a 5G standard must meet
They have however published a draft that is expected to be passed in November at the next meeting.

They won't gonna shut down 3G network. If anything, they'd remove analog tv signal first

The current 600 MHz auction in the U.S. is not getting the minimum bids required for the auction to clear.

Telcos aren't interested in buying more spectrum when they can shutdown 3G and get rid of legacy plan vampires in one go.

>1 ms latency

>poojeet gaymen company
>relevant
pick one

Will broadband be obsolete soon? What really worried me is once everyone has 5G then the cloudmemeshit will be pushed beyond limits.

Almost unbelievable

Torille!

>Why is Finland so silent from everything overall?

Finland invented the Web Browser, IRC, Smartphones, Linux, SMS, 3G, 4G and 5G

Is this 5G rollout for Nokia using the Artemis Network technology pCells?
If so, then you can expect a substantial improvement in simultaneous user performance.

Ebin :DDDD

>poojeet gaymen company

>Nokia
>not Poojeet

>Teach networks to be self-aware.

Skynet renamed to Airframe

SAF

>having datacaps
There's like a reason why 5G is in demand here and not there.

>estonia
of all the countries?

It's just Dell PowerEdge with Nokia branding.

Top 3
>Huawei
>GSMA
>Nokia
I approve

And bunch of memes

If they shut down 2G and 3G then who will the NSA spy on?

brb moving to estonia

It's like handing out free umbrellas in the Gobi desert

>celebrating this, while ignoring the fact this is another loss for the ignorant consumer
Consumer technology was a mistake.

>I wonder why Estonia, neigbour of Finland would get 5g?

Bravo Estonia

Mini Finland is doing well. They should just leave NATO.

>data cap

Why are you living in a 3rd world country?

> ~100 clients per average segment
They're supposed to stay in business user

>it will be 5 years before America gets its first 5g Tower
>meanwhile all third world countries have them everywhere

Data plans costs are shit. Will this cause better data plans? If no, then what's the point if you have enough bandwidth to blow through your entire data plan in less than one second?

So did they sort out Thz flat pack antennas then?
Cities are going to need repeaters installed on every single building.

>he thinks the jews are gonna lower data prices
lol

>tfw using 2G on T-Mobile still
Just werks.

It's like they want to talk but don't know what to say.

The coverage of 5g and the cells of it are (at least initially) going to be really limited. We're talking wifi range.

At least from what I've seen of Ericsson's tech, they have really ambitious goals though, from what I understood it's all about reducing latency and securing the full way. They wanted to half the size, and double the double the coverage in 8 months.
It's on them for not making me sign anything...

If only there was a half decent 4.7 inch phone these days

Redmi 2 on 3G until they drop it

Awesome, 4G coverage still fucking sucks in UK so I will enjoy not having 5G for another 20 years

Also lmao @their model of traffic in paris!

cause finland always fuck estonia, might as well give them a hand for once

youtube.com/watch?v=7M6-NLm0GBM

I have 4 lines, unlimited data, at 140$/month in America.

Does he work in the marketing department?

lmfao do they all look exactly the same and wear the exact same pair of glasses?
estonias, LOL

Why Huawei?

why only south korea?

>tfw the throughput speed of 5G exceeds the monthly cellular data allowance of many plans in Australia
>you can literally go over your cap in less than a second

Low regulations probably. The biggest reason why US is so behind on internet connectivity is because of state/federal regulations

How the dick, can I, standing in a street on a 5G cellular network, achieve 1 ms latency, on my smartphone. How is that physically possible?

Our government is so fucking shit with stuff like this. Why do we take 10 years to do anything and fucking plod around?

Eh, I'm still happy with my 1Gb/s connection in New Zealand. This would be a plus I guess but looking at the prices of our 4G plans I don't see it being worth it

What's all that speed good for when data caps are so low

Not everyone is a Shartclap.

I can totally see this happening again

>Advertise 10Gb/s (1.25GB/s) connection
>Still sell 500MB/1GB plans for $30, 8GB (5GB + 3GB bonus) for $50

Thank you based Telstra

Are there countries where mobile Internet plans have no data caps?

>not america
We're falling behind

Sounds like BS until I see it.

The last thing on this planet we need is more bandwidth for phoneposters.