C++

Anyone read demystified c++? is it good for a young man who wants to learn how to write a good code ? I know i know, it will take me forever and i will be confused a lot of times in process of learning and stuff but please jerks that will be like "U aint gonna make it to the end" dont post those shit. Im rly into this shit, willing to sacrafice years of my life and social life for this shit.
On the other hand, constructive advices are gladly accepted, literature and programs for writing codes, and websites to practice and stuff.

PS. if anyone knows literature on Croatian/Bosnian/Serbian language it would be best.
Thank you anons and peace :)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/388242/the-definitive-c-book-guide-and-list
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Plus, im still on WinXP, so it would be helpful codwriting programs to be comptible with XP, I,m kind short on money to upgrade, but i have a lot of time and a nice naighbour that gave me wifi pass :)

stackoverflow.com/questions/388242/the-definitive-c-book-guide-and-list
You should be able to pirate any or every one of those books.
Stick with English, its good for the long term.
Write code, read other peoples code.

>I know i know, it will take me forever and i will be confused a lot of times in process of learning and stuff but please jerks that will be like "U aint gonna make it to the end" dont post those shit
>Im rly into this shit, willing to sacrafice years of my life and social life for this shit.
you sound like literally everyone from Sup Forums when they were underage, insisting on picking up C++ as their first language, only to fail miserably

Learn a good language first. When I was underage I did a lot of C and low-level UNIX stuff for fun, and I'm happy I did that because it built a wealth of experience with the systems I worked with before I got lost in the abstraction of C++.

ALSO
You're pretty dumb for asking for unironic advice on Sup Forums, just sayin

Interesting point with English, thank you for advices , means a lot Sir

Tryed Ruby - at start is easy, then it goes more and more complicated...
For JS i havent still found program which is compatible with XP...
Plus i found somewhere that after C and C++ every other language is easier to learn and understand.

Well, as for the irony - i gotta hope :) For the C++, i want to learn it and i know if i work hard it will take me about 3-4 years. But if thats a price, let it be.
In other languages, i tryed Ruby, but u get lost to, or there is something wrong on Code Academy sooo, now im just reading about C++ and writing stuff down, processing it in my head, doing some schemes in my head visualising it all in my head and stuff.
I hope, that with enaugh of work, i will understand it.
I want to understand it and i will, because i got plans that are not just making money of off programs.

Damn, i wrote a novel. Anyway anons, thank you. Rly means a lot.

U aint gonna make it to the end.

The golden rule: everyone who asks about how to start on any programming language will never start or really learn that programming language.

Cmon man hahah

Good enaugh?

Now good?

>Plus i found somewhere that after C and C++ every other language is easier to learn and understand.
If you think you can take on an enormous learning curve, then sure, go for it. If you go with an "easier" language though, the curve is more spread out.

>actually usign winxp and dev-c++

told you, short on money but huge will to do this

Pirate Windows or get Linux you fucking retard.

FER?

Are you from India, OP?

Install linux like Ubuntu, its free and good

The question was answered here . What you need is stackoverflow.com/questions/388242/the-definitive-c-book-guide-and-list

Start with Bjarnes book Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++. You can probably pirate it or borrow it at the library. Read it and do every practical assignment in it. Use C++11/14 features everywhere. Don't bother learning legacy C++. You can do that later.

Then just progress in the book list for more in depth shit. Start a personal project. Use Qt creator for your dev environment. It's free and is pretty much point and click. Learn about make systems later.

>coloring
>underlining
You are a girl right?

XP is 15 years old. What are you doing man, install a modern Linux distro.

Also, the best language to start is probably Python nowadays. Don't learn C++ please - I'm getting paid by being able to program in C++ while the stupid kids cannot. I'm always afraid that kids will start learning to really program and my life would get harder and less luxurious.

The real danger with C++ is corporate politics and old timers insisting to not use any modern C++ feature. Fuck me if I have to explain why it's a bad idea to use a raw C pointer when you have unique and shared pointers again to some old dinosaur. Your fucking service discovery solution written in sepples isn't performance critical so you don't have to pass raw pointers everywhere.

>not cursive master race

The dinosaurs still writing C++ are keeping up with the modern standards. At least I am, all my colleagues are, and everyone I know in the industry is.

I'm just happy I feel secure since the kids joining the industry are not even considering this.

>The dinosaurs still writing C++ are keeping up with the modern standards. At least I am, all my colleagues are, and everyone I know in the industry is.
I don't know which strange country or region you live in but here some people are still afraid of the standard lib so they insist on using some old inhouse string libs written before the standard lib was written. Everyone are afraid of change and new features so they ensure everything remotely useful with C++ is kept away. I'm not really young myself with some 15 years of professional C++ programming but I'm lazy enough to understand that it's a good idea to use readily available third party libs if it can cut dev time with a few months and enable a better product.

>I'm just happy I feel secure since the kids joining the industry are not even considering this.
Kids don't want to join in on C++ and industry side of programming because the web pays way more. I'm thinking of changing my focus. Developing several billion dollar weapon systems is fun and all in theory for 2 months. Then you realize it's just as shit as any other industry programming job.