Wh computers aren't fun anymore?

Wh computers aren't fun anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kK09mShHpAA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw no OS/2 system

Having the hard drive grind interminably for every simple operation was not, dare I say it, fun

They're too powerful. There's hardly any limitations that matter. We all have, relatively speaking, supercomputers sitting in our rooms. Some of us have more than one. It's pretty absurd.

did you actually use any of these old crappy machines?

That shit was only fun after enduring hours of torture. I'd say it's about a 8/2 torture / fun ratio conservatively.

Installing pic related too so many disks and so many hours

Computers are just tools, don't put the blame for having an unfun life on them.

the satanist elite ruined the internet

The first computer I ever touched was a Tandy 1000. It's nostalgia just looking up these old pics.

I was a kid then, so the only games I remember playing on it was "Where in the world is Carmen San diego, and Armored Fist.

Armored fist was actually pretty bad ass. I would consider playing it again today for the hell of it. I might just do that.

instant gratification. Half the fun back then was waiting if something worked or not.

But after enduring all that BS you got to do this..

youtube.com/watch?v=kK09mShHpAA

This. I don't even bother overclocking my desktop pc anymore.

But that's the best part. And the humming sounds. It sounded pretty tranquil to be in a room hearing nothing but those sounds.

No, relatively speaking (with no modifiers) we very literally do NOT have super computers.

Learn to English and logic, fuckface.

maybe you both are implying different relations

Computers are more fun than ever you stupid fuck. Beige boxes were never fun, they were work machines.

Now you can do all kinds of insane projects with shit you could only imagine in the 90s. I could put some solar powered Raspberry Pis in the sky on helium balloons with antennas and shit and make my own cloud internet or whatever. Tech has become not only very advanced and SMALL, but also cheap as hell. You can put an entire operating system or 8 on a wafer thin piece of near indestructible plastic the size of your nail, then eat it and shit it out and still boot off it. You can 3D print a dildo. You can do anything. When graphene batteries hit, everything will get even more insane.

If you think computing isn't fun now, you're a fucking moron.

For the most part computers today have more power than you actually need, modern OSes do a lot for you automatically for things to work rather than requiring the user to do anything, and more hardware is getting either integrated or condensed into fewer components. When was the last time you felt your computer had limits that you needed to work with? How often do you actually have to install drivers yourself or do more in depth configuration (fixing Windows 10 doesn't quite count because constantly fighting anti consumer features isn't fun) instead of having things just work? How many people use more than one 5 1/4" bay anymore? How many people use more than one expansion slot anymore or use an expansion slot for something other than a GPU? How many upgrades have you made to your computer that benefited something other than games in recent years? I'm still using an 8 year old computer and the only things I've changed were upgrading the video card and swapping the hard drive for an SSD. If what I've heard about AMD Raven Ridge APUs that are coming out later this year is true, then I could do a slimline VESA mount mini-ITX build that would exceed all of my needs (sans dealing with games on CDs/DVDs which I do so rarely that it wouldn't be an issue to use an external drive for the occasion).

a e s t h e t i c

I still streamline Windows, disabling services and pruning background tasks, even though it's mostly a waste of time on modern hardware. There's still a few cheap shitboxes it helps out on (Atom based netbooks!)

Do something other than social media and computers are just as fun as ever.

too many poor people have them

relatively speaking my desktop btfo of any supercomputer from the 90s in raw numbers

This. Find some fun. The machines now are every bit as fun as the old ones. OP has either forgotten to dream or never learned.

they are more fun than ever, you just gave up and became the next generation of stingy old fuck

Even kids these days have smart phones.
First pc I ever touched was a Macintosh II we had at home. No idea how my family was even able to afford or have it. It's insane what electronics are like in comparison. I been meaning to look up the mac II lately because of nastolgia thinking about going through all the files and shit when I was a kid trying to figure out how it worked and what you can do with it, the bulk of it was all black and white. I had this game Sumo Wrestlers the graphics were insane compared to any game consoles back then but it was just two colored spherical balls on a 3d looking platform all you could really do was change the colors around on it and the balls would react when they touched you'd have to try and knock the other ball off the platform. The graphics were honestly super impressive for the time along with the rendering and color, but compared to what people can do now it was just so simplistic it's nearly mind blowing.

Oh god I sound like my parents.
TV was still new when I was a kid. We had to watch it in black and white.

They're no longer toys; now they're tools.