Reminder that project neon will save windows

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Gcq2RdWO7ns
youtube.com/watch?v=A_GlGglbu1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

never heard of it.
at this point windows is beyond saving though.

Transparent window borders is gonna save windows?

That... actually looks pretty decent. In some ways it's better than macOS aka pooOS.

cannot tell if serious.

making shit a little more transparent and animated doesnt make it taste less like shit

>a visual style will save an ad + tracking riddled moneypit of an OS

looks like a shitty linux DE
just look at those fucking window icons

>discover
>board
>library
They replace the file explorer with an online store
Th-thanks mike

hi botnet

that IS macOS lmao
he paid $20 for that bar

I'm still dumbfounded that people can't recognize macOS fonts

Oh look, it's aero transparency. W7 could do that shit, and probably it would use less resources than that clusterfuck.

what's next microshit, customizable icons? they really belive their customers are retarded

>people still falling for this deviantart tier theme

>saving something with 97% marketshare

That looks like a default theme for an indie Linux distro

youtu.be/Gcq2RdWO7ns

>Longhorn 2.0
>PajeetHorn

San Francisco fonts and no one sees it

is that redstone

>desktop environment dictates icon theme
fucking leave

Wait are they finally normalizing the design of right click menus?

what, are you using gnome on windows or something?

> fagOS with shitty $20 bar with retarded deviant-tier theme

it's literally just aesthetics bullshit, it literally changes nothign that matters!

>retard thinks the UI is the only problem with Windows

You're all retards

No, this will.

youtube.com/watch?v=A_GlGglbu1U

That's a mockup.

I hope NEON will finally remove the "universal-app" vs "win32" dichotomy. There still is a difference between the old-normal config panel and the touch-enabled-modern-universal style panel. it's ridiculous and frustrating.

Nah.

I went down the Windows ricing with XP, and it just doesn't work. Yeah, if you really fuck with it you can get some cool stuff going, but you'll never find a tool to do just quite what you want, or one that's stable. There's just not enough of a drive to do it. Anyone who seriously goes down the ricing Windows rabbit hole and doesn't stop short of what they want, whether they do any development or just consume, will one day wake up and find that they've just installed Linux and just dual boot or virtualize Windows anytime they need to do something they can't on Linux long before they bend Windows to their will.

Honestly the only thing that will save Windows at this point is for MS to ditch NT and distribute a Linux distro. The only reason people pay MS money for software is for support and compatibility, which MS can easily do on Linux without sinking all the money they do into the NT kernel.

>Caring what your de looks like
>At all

I keked when they showed the game.

provides what?

what is this for real

No its just a prank, brosephsky.

adOS

You are an idiot.

I miss Areo. This is not it!

Microsoft needs to completely ditch the NT kernel. It's old and antiquated, and at this point, full of spaghetti code and inconsistencies.

They could go with the Linux kernel or make their own. I don't care which, but fuck NT.

Win 10 was announced numerous times as "the last Windows". This gives them opportunity to pursue different solutions they mostly abandoned in the past. But most likely they wont do something too different.

Problem is, everything must be backward compatible. One of the most important pros of Windows systems is that basically everything works on them - they cant risk providing completely new system that would have to compete with their own Windows line, Linux distros and MacOS and not running part of the software. Not to mention that it would require large foundings that MS cant throw around right now - not when mobile market is getting more important with Google and Apple consuming the whole cake. Desktop Linux distros are minority and get little attention.

We wont get another attempt like Singularity/Midori, sadly.