Why don't American's know how to use an electric kettle?

Why don't American's know how to use an electric kettle?

It's the most simple of technologies. How can one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world be full of so many tech-illiterate dumbasses?

Wealth doesn't always mean intelligence

China is still experiencing it, because you had a generation of illiterate commie fucks suddenly making tons of cash with the government's new capitalist system.

too much flouride in the water

Just use a microwave to heat water. That is literally what a microwave does.

I had a super nice one that would cut off at the temp of your choosing. It only lasted a year for $100 US. Now I just microwave a pyrex cup of water instead.

Yeah I love drinking cancerous coffee

>Microwaving water
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAH
YOU CANT BE FUCKING SERIOUS
LITERALLY ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PUT WATER INTO THE KETTLE AND TURN IT ON

too much TV makes you dumb... I'm serious

A microwave specifically heats water

That's its thing

Doesn't that cost more than just simply heating it using an electric kettle or the stove?

>not knowing a microwave continuously polarizes water at a specfic frequency causing it to vibrate, releasing heat

Molecules being rubbed to each other loses heat faster

:releasing heat
But that would make it colder.

I've never seen any of my countrymen use one. That's not a thing here.

it's a photo from some russian condo

>plastic jug on a stove
impressive

we can actually drink hot water from the tap without dying

>muh system/surrounding convention

As long as you are consistent in what you mean

I brew my coffee at a very specific temperature, easy as fuck to get it there in the microwave. Just gotta measure it out and test the times a bit. Electric kettles are nice if you just want to boil water though. I guess. Kind of a fucking waste of money desu.

>Thought OP was just memeing
>Thread actually getting serious responses about why they shy away from a dirt cheap appliance that is literally push a button and does everything for you
Is this an actual thing? americans?

They just aren't as popular here. We don't brew tea like the yuros, chinks, japs or gooks. We have coffee makers that do that for us.

Hence, less of a need for a dedicated 'get water hot device'.

they're available all over the place in the usa, not uncommon at all. Just not many tea drinkers that boil water often enough to warrant having a countertop device for boiling water. you can do the same with a saucepan and stove you already have. most homes i've seen here have stovetop kettles, but some don't even bother with any special water boiling implement. microwaving is also pretty popular but thats not how I roll

kind of gross to think about how long it might have been sitting in your water heater though, imho