screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/203131
builds.x265.eu
diff.pics/8b9joUh35mI2/1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes sir. Movie only 700mb and bestest quality. 10/10

right? who needs and invite to their secret club, those guys are assholes

Yay YIFY

private trackers are only good if you want a community

i thought they took down YIFY. He doesn't have the best quality imo. There are simply superior ones with like double the filesize lol.

700 MB 3 hour movie is only nice for all these pajeets or autists in 3rd world country who don't want to wait 24 hours for a download tbqh.

>love old movies
>most of the gaps in my knowledge are obscure as fuck
>been wanting an invite to passthepopcorn for literally 4 years

never ever :(

> (OP)
>700 MB

All his 1080p encodes are above 1.5GB. I don't bother with 720p.

I really wish people would state what source they used to make their transcodes, used CRF mode, and told us what it value that was.

22 CRF is good quality (not YIFY quality) for all movies and only results in a ~700 MB video stream file size for a 2 hour 720p movie encoded in HEVC with the fast preset.

they do, what shit trackers do you use?

>mp4

Based YIFY
screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/203131

it's like you're not even trying at this point senpai

>22 CRF is good quality (not YIFY quality) for all movies and only results in a ~700 MB video stream file size for a 2 hour 720p movie encoded in HEVC with the fast preset.

There is so much wrong with this sentence I don't even know where to begin.

You must be blind to rate this as good quality.

this has to be a joke

You don't need a private tracker to get something better than YIFY . . .

YIFY has its place, if you are going to watch it in a 19" monitor (for 24" I would go for 1080p YIFY) and you'll use only 2 channels for audio (I watch movies with headphones because I can't make much noise) and they are great.

If you have 5.1 or a 32" screen and download YIFY you should end yourself right now unless you have a 2Mb connection or something, if you have +20Mb there is no excuse.

yeah, basically.
were you making a joke?

>1.5GB for an entire movie

kek, this is the shittiest bit rate i've ever seen, excluding those shitty x265

>unironically calling people with 24" screens poor

fuck off, I can see the difference between YIFY ""1080p"" and real 1080p in my 19" 1600x900 screen

and also, if your files are smaller than 3GB/hour of video, kys

How does YIFY do it? I understand that the quality is bad but it could be worse. Is a 1080P YIFY video worse than a 480p video of the same filesize? If not, why not go with the YIFY video?

Don't know about movies, but the best place I've seen for series is psarips, the quality is insane for the bitrate they use

Most DON'T. They just assign some arbitrary ABR they pulled out of their ass or aim for some arbitrary file size they also pulled out of their ass.

See for yourself

builds.x265.eu

Download the latest x265 encoder and use it to replace the stock staxrip/megui x265 encoder.

22 CRF HEVC will give you pretty good quality for everything. I don't know if the HEVC CRF is still different from the H264 one but 22 CRF HEVC gives hell of a lot better quality than 28 CRF H264 most comparable with YIFY quality.

>How does YIFY do it? I understand that the quality is bad but it could be worse.
They aim for a file size of ~750MB for 720p or ~1.4GB for 1080p with 2-pass ABR after molesting the video with compression avisynth filters. You could easily do all this with megui.

>If not, why not go with the YIFY video?
Because it's still shit and they still aim for arbitrary file sizes instead of a specific quality (CRF)

>22 CRF HEVC will give you pretty good quality for everything. I don't know if the HEVC CRF is still different from the H264 one but 22 CRF HEVC gives hell of a lot better quality than 28 CRF H264 most comparable with YIFY quality.

Okay, running an encode right now, so takes a couple of minutes.

But why the hell would you even want to use 28 CRF H.264? Yes, HEVC is better at low bitrates, but the quality is still shit anyway.

>> 2017
>> doesnt use kodie

>But why the hell would you even want to use 28 CRF H.264?
Most people appreciate the small yify file sizes. HEVC will give you a similar file size but better quality.

>Yes, HEVC is better at low bitrates, but the quality is still shit anyway.
If you use an arbitrary file size or ABR. This is why CRF was created.

Here we go:
diff.pics/8b9joUh35mI2/1

I even took an Anime example, so there isn't even that much motion in it.

You have visible compression artifacts on moving objects, so I wouldn't count that as "good quality". The static parts are okayish, but of course source still looks sharper and better.

>Most people appreciate the small yify file sizes. HEVC will give you a similar file size but better quality.
Yeah, but it's still too low to call it good quality. I guess if I took an live action example or something else with high bitrate demands, the differences would be even more significant.
Also, why the fuck would you use the fast preset when trying to good quality @ small filesizes? You're willing in to tradeoff efficency for speed, why would you do that except you want shitty encodes?

>If you use an arbitrary file size or ABR. This is why CRF was created.
If I set the CRF too high the quality is gonna be shit. CRF tries to maintain the perceived quality.

I buy my movies because I'm not a communist leech

>i compressed already compressed tv source and it is shit
the post

doesn't change the fact that x264 outperforms x265 in terms of quality

most of the time, yes

Could you provide some examples then? I didn't want to spend two hours on making shitty examples for a pointless thread just so I can prove that low-bitrate HEVC still isn't "good quality", though to be honest, the results were better than I anticipated.

1] You just did a transcode from a non-blu-ray source, so your comparison is invalid

2]live action samples would have the same quality because CRF aims for quality across all resolutions, FPS, source types, ect

>source: my ass

Good goy!

>Also, why the fuck would you use the fast preset when trying to good quality @ small filesizes? You're willing in to tradeoff efficency for speed, why would you do that except you want shitty encodes?
Sorry, forgot to answer this.

>tl:dr "muh diminishing returns"

>he uses piratebay in 2017
>he doesn't know about yts.ag

Seriously though, they blow metric tons of cock now that HEVC can be decoded by budget phones and since they don't use CRF 22 HEVC encoding.

That shit should be the norm now desu, especially since CRF doesn't give a fuck if you use the placebo, ultra fast, or fast preset.

I have a 7.2 system, and a 40+ inch screen, but my Internet connection is complete ass (I pay for 6, but see less than 2), but I also use yify for rental purposes.

I load the yify rip onto my plex server and stream it to my roku or my raspberry pi running rasplex. When I buy the movie on blu-ray, I delete off my server.

/OTG/?

>CRF aims for quality across all resolutions, FPS, source types, ect
lol, keep on believing that

I'm a third worlder, I can't complain. Quality is not bad.

Prove otherwise
>protip

>using shitty dell computer
>slow af internet speed

love yify, i just want to watch the movie, I dont care about the sound quality since I have subtitles and the cheap speaker doesn't do it justice.

i dont want to save the movie or anything as well, I just want to watch it and get done with it

yify fits my needs perfectly. only those wanting to either keep the movie or experience the theater quality experience will whine about yify.

ya sure you want to get the 999 surround sound shit and your 8k raw analog 20bit video quality watching from your home theater 90 inch curve OLED 999ppi tv for free