Fury X - it was twice the hardware compare to GTX 980 Ti however, in gaming it was a turd

Fury X - it was twice the hardware compare to GTX 980 Ti however, in gaming it was a turd.

You think Vega is going to be any dif?
Don't be a faggot and go for the nvidia who also has awesome driver support.

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/64677/amd-announces-first-vega-accelerator-radeon-instinct-mi25-for-deep-learning
nvidia.com/object/pascal-architecture-whitepaper.html
youtu.be/1IXzRUOSvkI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Buy Fury X for 650 on launch with 1440/4k freesync monitor
>Competes with 980ti on launch, now competing with 1070

You mean to tell me that Nvidia will give me a return of my investment like that?

980ti and 1070 are like 3-4% from eachother retard

What the fuck was the point of Pascal again?

B-But AMD drivers suck!

yeah, do you remember price for 1070 first couple months?
i'm not even going to touch on 980ti price

>Founders edition

Because I could pound your ass with indistrial construction equipment and you would only ask for it harder. That's our Nvidia Guarantee to our dumb fuck customers- Jenson "Huge Balls/alpha nerd as fuck/brothers keeper" Huang

Increased performance, less powerdraw and more vram you fucking idiot.

Wow, it's nothing.

cheaper production is the point for the company. For users, only the 1080Ti

They should have skipped Pascal for consumers, then went full steam ahead on Volta. Instead, Vega is primed to beat Volta to the punch at the high end. While rebrands and respins of Polaris for the mainstream keep production costs low.

Samsungs cut throat competence on their foundries has done nothing but improve AMD inspite of their continual efforts to sabotage themselves.

Vega was never meat for gaming, it's a workstation high end super expensive GPU target at office productivity.

>They should have skipped Pascal for consumers

Why? They make more money off Pascal than Maxwell. Vega isn't going to beat Volta at high end. I hope it does because the performance GPU market has sucked for a while now.

AdoredTV made a video about how he doesn't expect Vega to be competitive. Basically, Vega's die size is much bigger than Pascal, yet Vega's alleged top card is barely better than a GTX 1080. And it only has 8gb VRAM, because AMD put some sort of memory controller on the GPU to allow it to use regular system ram and the hard drive faster... So all signs point to Vega being targeted at workstations and not gaming.

Here we go folks, looks like the good old AMD fanboy backpedalling has already begun.

I love how everytime AMD announces something you shills keep hyping it to hell and beyond and promising outlandish performance gains and all, then you pull a 180 when the thing comes out and unsurprisingly enough it turns out to be a piece of fucking shit like everything this company has produced for nearly a decade. And it looks like you didn't even wait long enough for Vega to come out and are already doing preemptive damage control since the 1080ti already demolished whatever chance it had to shine.

I think now is that time when you tell us to wait for X thing in the future that will t-totally turn the table this time!

By the time Voltas released, Radeon 600 series high end is going to be Navi with petaflops of scalable performance, with Vega respins in the low end and main stream.

Ryzen cracking open the server market is the darkest timeline for Nvidia GPUs.

>shitty open source driver

No, thanks.

we'll see. I believed Zen would deliver and to me, a non-gaymur, it absolutely did. Vega is a lot more doubtful based on what we know so far.

maybe when AMD invents the fucking AI the tables will turn but hey, it's highly unlikely to happen.

Good. Fuck the "gamer" market. Money is in enterprise.

Gamers do nothing but cry with a bought and paid for media filled to the brim with incompetence and personal grudges.

AMD could literally make a box that does nothing but give exquisite, luxurious blow jobs, and the media would still find a way to shill for Intel/Nvidia. Even when AMD has put out the objectively superior product for less cost, you faggot gamers still bought the competition.

You're a pox on the tech world and need to go back to your Xboxes.

Then you're not paying attention.

videocardz.com/64677/amd-announces-first-vega-accelerator-radeon-instinct-mi25-for-deep-learning

Look at that Ryzen slide.

No it doesn't
why lie?

120 Radeons for 3PFLOPS

Nvidia's DGX-1 SaturnV is 124 Tesla P100s and does 3.3PFLOPS

anotha one

Zen was pretty good except for gayming, but I'm getting less hyped for Vega by the week. I think unless their 480 rebrand sells well, this might legitimately be the end of their discrete GPU's. Hopefully they sell it to someone more competent, it's amazing how much they squandered their purchase of ATI.

nice cpu and ram usage on those nvidiot cards :^)

>1080p DX11

When you look this cum drunk, you just look foolish.

Just wait™ for games to support DX12!

Locked in to a power 8 with NVlink.

Versus X86 and PCIe bandwidth.

"Just wait for Nvidia to release a D3D 12 compatible card!"

something something nvidia cheating on benchmarks again

There will be mainstream Vega x2 now that hbm supply isn't so limited

Who is locked in? Both of their systems use x86 and PCIe. Vega top end individual TFLOPs are lower than Pascal so it's going to beat Volta how?

You need Power 8 and NVlink to use Saturn-V.

>You need Power 8 and NVlink to use Saturn-V.

"On the full 124 node Saturn 5 system, which had the CPU side of the complex upgraded to 20-core “Broadwell” Xeon E5-2698 v4 processors that run at 2.2 GHz, the machine had a peak performance of 4.9 petaflops and delivered 3.31 petaflops of sustained performance."

Maybe some configuration but it uses x86 just fine?

>1tb per second
no fucking way.

Does anyone remember AMD showing off some kind of gpu server thing? It was like 5-10 graphics cards and it boasted a massive teraflop count combined. I think there were three products and one of them was polaris based and the other two were vega. They didn't have any I/O ports. Anyone help me out with a link or name?

Keep deflecting

That's 1440p
You fucking idiot

>haha nice job using more of you CPU and barely anymore ram and getting higher framerates

Sure it is ass blasted cum gargler.

Fucking moron

Read the white paper.

nvidia.com/object/pascal-architecture-whitepaper.html

It cannot achieve those speeds with out NVlink.

NVlink is only possible with a Power 8.

Two separate screen shots?

My god, you've convinced me.

>AMDumbfucks
Here's the video youtu.be/1IXzRUOSvkI

The x86 system I listed is a real world system. 3.31PFLOPS with 124 Pascals vs 3PFLOPS with 120 Vegas.

Pascal is still more powerful per GPU. Maybe it'll be even better with POWER8, but the idea that Vega is going to beat Volta is dumb since it can't even beat Pascal.

>Fury X - it was twice the hardware compare to GTX 980 Ti

It doesn't matter, because the whole thing was crippled by having only 64 ROPs.

A better return for invest would have been R9 290. Hawaii is literally GOAT

>buy 1080 ti
>sell it if Vega turns out to be amazing because NVIDIA cards hold value better secondhand than AMD cards
Sure it means dealing with NVIDIA's shitty drivers for a few months but who really cares

> What is aggregate of 2 GPUs

Fiji was crippled by several design choices, and ROP count was arguably a lesser one.

> underperforming mem subsystem: small L2, HBM1 only hit 65% of nominal throughput, likely bottlenecking in central crossbar, ...
> really high CU:SE ratio of 16 had trouble keeping all CUs as well fed as smaller GCN chips
> low geometry/rasterizer throughput of 4 tris/fragrments per clock

GCN and NCU seem fundamentally limited to 4 SEs, but at least Vega will do multi tris/fragments per clock per CU finally, amongst other enhancements.

It's not going to be 1tb per second, just AMD skewing the truth again
Remember the 480 crossfire meme