Favourite Linux Distro

List your fav 3 distros
1. Arch Linux
2. Kali Linux
3. Gentoo

they all are shit from the same loo

There are only three distros that aren't a meme and out of those only Debian is truly free.

omgg I use kali too we're all 1337 h4x0r$$

1. Fedora
2. Debian
3. SUSE

define meme

OP here
Are you guys fucking retarded? I wanted to see three distros, not your fucking dumb opinions

1 Gentoo
2 Gentoo
3 Gentoo
Sup Forums approved

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Debian
Ubuntu
KDE neon
So basically Debian.

qubes os
whonix
debian

Trisquel
parabola
Debian.

Kali is a prime example for perfect marketing.
The tools provided aren't that great and besides that it's just a Debian with a "mad look".
You can use all those tools on any other distro. Much of them are toy-level. If you don't understand how they (and the things) work under the hood you won't benefit much from them. It's nice for people who start with pentesting but as you proceed you will look for other distros or build that from scratch.

> shall list favourite distros
> swaggers about gnu

>Funtoo
>Slackware
>Devuan

1. Arch
2. Debian
3. Elementary, no matter how tough I am (pretend to be)

1. q4os
2. bunsen labs
3. debian

Ubuntu
OpenSUSE
Zorin

1. arch
2. openbsd
3.[spoiler]mint[/spoiler]

>decide to try linux
>install slackware
>it meets my needs
>have now used only windows and slackware
>mfw I don't understand why people have tried so many distros

1.) Xubuntu
2.) SUSE
3.) OSX

1 Windows 8.1
2 Windows 10
3 Raspbian

xp
freebsd
amiga kickstart

1. GNU
2. /
3. Linux

Not OP but kali has plenty of uses. I have a job as a pentester and I use on a USB because its just easier to have all the tools in one place.

That being said, personally

1. Arch Linux
2. KDE Neon
3. Gentoo

I've been looking at trying Qubes. Would you recommend it for daily use?

Spotted the scriptkiddy

1. Sabayon
2. Manjaro OpenRC
3. Chakra

A God amongst men.

1. Ubuntu Mate
2. Fedora
3. Debian

1. Source Mage
2. Open Suse
3. Funtoo

Arch
Centos
Freebsd

Linux is the name of the kernel that Linus Torvalds developed starting in 1991. The operating system in which Linux is used is basically GNU with Linux added. To call the whole system "Linux" is both unfair and confusing. Please call the complete system GNU/Linux, both to give the GNU Project credit and to distinguish the whole system from the kernel alone.

You are a fucking fag. Sorry

1. Linux From Scratch
2. Void Linux
3. Gentoo

1. Debian
2. Arch
3. Fedora

Elementary
Kali
Debian

1. Fedora
2. Gentoo
3. CoreOS

Linux is the name of the kernel that Linus Torvalds started developing in 1991. However, Linux is mostly based on Minix, a pre-existing operation system. To call the kernel "Linux" without noting that it is in fact just an ersatz Minix is unfair, confusing, and allows Linus to perpetuate his (false) claim of ownership.

1: Manjaro
2: Arch
3: Debian

I prefer these in the scale in which Stability and Bleeding edge balances out. That and I prefer to throw out what I don't need than build from the start.

Do you use three distros at the time or something lmao

laptop, desktop, work laptop

1. Solus
2. Debian
3. Gentoo

1. Arch
2. Debian
3. #!

ubuntu is fine, I use it with Xfce on my desktop and with i3wm on my ThinkPad. If had to choose another distro it would be debian or fedora I guess

>Copypasta

Ubuntu
Fedora
Debian

Ubuntu
Fedora
ElementaryOS (Ubuntu for lazy people)

1. Windows
2. Ubuntu
3. Ubuntu

1. Ubuntu
2. Mint
3. Google Android

these aren't distributions of Linux
Linux-libre is a linux distribution
what you are referring to are GNU/Linux distributions

xubuntu
mate

Best Systemd-free distro? Considering Manjaro OpenRC for the simplicity.

My fav doritos are
1) spicy sweet chili
2) nacho cheese
3) cool ranch

Windows 10
macOS
Kali

I like Debian and Xubuntu. Fedora for when I want the edge.

You can run Gentoo without any GNU software.

oh really
hows that linux compiled with clang working for you?

>Void Linux
>Alpine Linux
>[nothing else from the distros i tried]

i'm picky

1. gentoo
2. gentoo
3. funtoo

1. Arch
2. Gentoo
3. Void

1. Arch Linux
2. Arch Linux
3. Arch Linux

Gentoo wouldn't even exist without GNU. You'd propably run some proprietary UNIX like macOS today. The whole framework roots with GNU being a free re-written UNIX clone.

doesn't make an os without gnu "gnu"

1. Manjaro
2. Arch
3. Ubuntu-MATE

A system without GNU is not a GNU system, but guess what it isn't too? A "Linux system", since Linux is just a kernel, not a complete OS.

1.Knoppix
2.Puppy
3.Porteus

1.Slackware
2.OSX
3.OpenBSD

I only know debian because it's the most perfect thing

You know what it is?
A Linux distribution.

1. Gentoo
2. OpenSUSE
3. Arch

CentOS
Denian

Is Gentoo like, the Dark Souls of OSs?

1) Arch Linux
2) Debian
3) Ubuntu Server

arch
opensuse
fedora

1 lubuntu
2 ubuntu
3 mint

I think Qubes can be quite powerful, very system demanding but very powerful...
I've had much trouble installing it, the documentation is not so good either, there is support but it's fairly weak as well.

1. Void Linux
2. Alpine Linux
3. Gentoo Linux

OP here again. With "Linux" I referred to GNU/Linux, oviously. I don't know why so many fags (3-4 in this thread) always start explaining "linux is the kernelt etc etc. It's just autistic

1. Debian

Never used something else.
No need to test something else. Just werks.

>decide to try world wide web
>click icon called internet exploder 5
>it meets my needs
>have now only tried internet exploder 5
>mfw I don't understand why people have tried so many web browsers

debian febian faggot

kid

Yes

we have a whole thread going on where GNUfags get BTFO'd

1. Win
2. dows
3. 10

Fuck GNUmale/Lincucks.

Where can I get a plaque that's similar to this one?

1.Rock Linux
2.Arch
3.Gentoo

>being this new

openSUSE
>Leap 42
openSUSE
>Tumbleweed
openSUSE
>The Lizard

Antergos
Ubuntu MATE
Mint Cinnamon

Mint
Mint
Linux mint cinnamon

gentoo
gentoo
gentoo

so are mine

1. meme distro
2. meme distro
3. meme distro
autist approved

ubuntu
centos
suse

Why so many Ubuntufags here?

Debian
Xubuntu
TAILS

What is TAILS
Autist distro?

I'll list my top 4
1. Gentoo
2. Debian
3. Fedora
4. Arch
Everything else is useless bloated garbage

It's the most flexible pro-tier distribution. Its memorability is that it's hard for pajeets to install and use it on a daily basis. And people jokingly suggest them to try to install the distro as a simple solution.

Arch is made for schoolkids to learn CLI. It isn't ready for production.

Any pro distribution comes in various flavours from a base system version which can be installed under chroot of a host system - for example Ubuntu Core or debootstrap - to the installation with preinstalled out of the box software.

Only community and repositories and their maintain quality matters.

Faggot
With Arch Linux yu can make your own flavour. No need for buntufags who think they change distro when Ubuntu->Mint or other shit

Arch has the best comunity and doc btw

Retards these days