Anything to say to someone who just signed up to get a degree in Computer Science? What should I know...

Anything to say to someone who just signed up to get a degree in Computer Science? What should I know? What should I expect? Am I boned if I don't know how to program yet?

Know everything.
Expect nothing.

Enjoy a boring lonely life of essentially doing what you are doing now except you get a bit of money for it.

this is funny but I feel like it's sadly true

find the tallest bridge you can find and fucking jump. don't forget to do a flip, faggot

thank, also the only reason I didn't use those two is that i wanted people who knew what they were talking about and would joke less

>you get a bit of money for it
Here in Germany salaries for cs bachelors start at 70,000€ (~ 74,000$) a year before taxes
Except you go into web stuff or IT cuckery

I am in my first semester of CS now and really like it
Maybe it's a liitle bit too much math at the beginning but i already have learned C and the basics of Jaca in terms of programming
My schedule also covered transistor logic, logic gates, modelling systems and a seminar about Unix

Make sure you get a stats class, a class on project management.

Honestly, everything else is up to whatever interests you. Courses in machine learning, distributed computation (aka Big Data), and compilers are awesome; but if you're not interested in them, you're not going to get all that you could out of them.

If you don't already know how to program you might as well kill yourself. Going to school for computer science just gives you credentials and proves you know your shit, but you have to learn the shit on your own.

If it's any consolation I learned programming after college.

Can Sup Forums tell me some must read books in 4 years of doing bachelor's in Computer Science and Engineering?
Or just the name of the areas one should master.

programming is probably the class with the biggest knowledge gap between students, because there are people who have been programming for years and people like you who don't know how to program.
And the classes are usually set up such that you can pass even if you're completely new to programming, but if I were you I'd start learning now, so it won't be completely overwhelming.

You should expect to be completely expendable since there are millions of programmers out there and they will be willing to do what you do for less money.

Congrats on picking a field with a glut in the labor market.

You will not learn anything, the only valuable skillset you need for "working with computers" is to know how to google your problems.

Logic, probability and statistics, algorithms are like the most demanding courses I had, and you'll need those notions everywhere else. But I didn't know shit about numbers before.
Depending on your teaching staff you can get through your degree without knowing anything in advance (or even graduate without knowing shit at all) so relax and go with the pace.
Once you're there you'll figure out what you really need.

Minor in unemployment
Research how to live on minimum wage from Wendy's job

>70,000€
Oh man I need to find a job in germany then!

Atleast some UML and some computer architecture and ofcourse a bunch of programming books.

I'm in my 2nd semester right now. It's hard as fuck with constant stream of assignments. Are your classmates will be pimply thin-necked virgins. Also, girls pussies will dry up tje minute you mention your study

>hard as fuck
maybe you're just retarded

>girls pussies will dry up tje minute you mention your study
Then you should talk to girls that are not completely stupid or start going to the gym for dem beautiful gains.
I've actualy experienced that girls are semi interested in you if you mention that you study something that they can actually relate to (everyone has a fucking computer these days, just talk about their shitty macbook and you got their pussy all for yourself!)

>Also, don't look like shit