Efficiency with linux

Everytime I use Linux it's like being 15 years backwards (debian mostly) Where do I fuck up? Why lauching the dumbiest app is like taking so much time? Sorry for being such a dumbfag but I need advices

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/24/apple-releases-macos-10-12-sierra-open-source-darwin-code/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Use windows dum dum

>pic related

install macOS my friend

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I agree ok GNU/linux but that does not help me at all

>I'm a retard and am unable to use Linux

Are you sure you're not just on really old hardware or using a shit desktop environment? Try installing MATE. It's the easiest, most no bullshit desktop environment you'll ever find, and it's probably what you're looking for. The DE can make the difference between a good or a bad GNU/Linux experience.

Hello shill. Apple has actually contributed to lots of open source projects, so you've basically contradicted yourself. Mac OS X is based partially on open source software. Suck my GNU/Penis, inane Macfaggot.

Sauce: 9to5mac.com/2016/11/24/apple-releases-macos-10-12-sierra-open-source-darwin-code/

thats why i recommended him to install macOS cause the pic is more about windows but macOS is superior

Only efficiency is with terminal but when it comes to graphic interface handling (like windows) it's catastrophic... I mean why? And I don't want to switch to APPEL/MacOS cause I'm not a wealthy vegan transgender fag I just want to find a distro that use hardware without a year of latency... What do I miss please

>I just want to find a distro that use hardware without a year of latency... What do I miss please

you miss out on macOS

He clearly states that he's a lot smarter than you.

>than It's commercial counterparts
>It's
>No douchebag I am actually much smarter than you
>what are commas?
Smart people can memorize basic grammar rules. What does that make this guy if he can't?

>Patch kernels and search for device drivers
Yep, two things that I, as a Linux user for over 6 years, have never had to do.

What distro do you use please

No, Mac OS is not superior. It's a mediocre experience at best and I only use it because the EFI on Macs forces hybrid-MBR for non-OS X partitions, causing severe instability. Buying a Mac was a huge mistake.

Windows is even worse.

Stop fucking shilling.

>look at me I use Linux pay attention to me
Okay.

Did you miss the entire point of my post?

>linux
Found your problem.

>tfw the whole fagpost actually makes sense
wtf I hate linux now

one more fact i'd add is that constant, eternal arguing about every fucking thing. gnome vs kde vs xfce vs mate vs ..., systemd vs init, sysv, openrc etc.

don't get me wrong, windows sucks major balls too. It's just sometimes I feel sorry for myself wasting gazillion hours of my life setting up shit on GNU/Linux

also
>30 years
>still no opensource adobe suite

No, I fully understood your point that he is smarter than you because he isn't dumb enough to use Linux for over 6 years.

I agree you loose fucking time on some fucking details I mean... I spent two days on set the prompt for .bashrc and prompt for root .bashrc how useful is that?

>it's commercial counterparts
>it's
I know, I know, ad hominem pejorative or whatever but come on, this guy didn't type this in a proper documents program or anything?

Linux doesn't match my life style ecosystem. I can easily sync with my iPhone via iTunes.

>Muh command line

>h-he must be le epic trolle hhehe let me post le fanny b8 meme XDXD

linux user btw ;)

exactly, yeah. and it's not even remotely interesting compared to playing around with new programming language or framework

It used to be fun and edgy when I was younger but now, eh

>epic XDDDDDDD le bleach maymay LOLZ

>my life style ecosystem
>my iPhone
>via iTunes
You do not belong here.

>get blown the fuck out
>shitpost the pain away

My original point was that his complaints about Linux were baseless as I've never had to fuck with my kernel or ever search for drivers.

I feel like everything got bloated the fuck up recently. Tried installing minimum inst and adding everything up by manually?

When doing all with terminal no worries when trying to do something with graphic interface it's WW2 except that WW2 actions were faster

You have zero reading comprehension you brain dead retard. Get yourself together, this isn't Sup Forums. Let me spell it out for you.
>>Patch kernels and search for device drivers
The guy who wrote this article is complaining about patching kernels and searching for drivers
>Yep,
This is meant to be sarcastic
>two things
He's referring to patching kernels and finding drivers
>that I,
Referring to himself.
>as a Linux user for over 6 years,
He's used Linux for 6 years(the poster), so you would assume here that he would at one point experience these things
>have never had to do.
But he didn't

And your response was
>>look at me I use Linux pay attention to me
That wasn't the point. You missed the point. You're either foreign or unintelligent. Or maybe you're just used to securing your reddit karma. Whatever it is, off yourself

I am a Linux user for 7 years. Pay attention to me.

I've gotten myself stuck with linux for around 1-2 months after switching from Windows to Debian without partitioning the drive, and then to Ubuntu because of connection issues I would've rather not dealt with. What I can say about Ubuntu Linux (I'm using LXDE) is that it's not the worst thing when compared to Windows 10 - I don't have to deal with issues I had where some functions would inexplicably stop working, and most programs launch faster when I was using Windows. However, my current issues with wifi connectivity (which I can't find any solutions for) and the fact that it's much less optimized for playing games and ends up lagging a lot more(this one is a given based on the fact that most games are made for Windows) prevents me from liking Linux more than Windows

>it's like being 15 years backwards
>debian mostly
Yep. Sounds about right.

First kind of useful response thanx

Ok Mr poor man hacker dude, stay jealous of my space gray pussy machine

Except I actually have a Mac, making your argument invalid. Also

ls
cd ..
cd code
code
ls
cd ..
cd ..
cd code
pwd

Linux DEs just love parsing text files. People shit on the windows registry and the need to reboot, but this is mostly bought by filesystem access and parsing of text content at every occasion. You could precompile all that configuration and directly load it to the ram but no, we gotta read all that shit at every occasion

agree

>someone was so butthurt they took the time to write all of that out

jesus

linux doesn't have DEs, retard

I don't think OP complained about a headless setup, my friend.

Embracing the gay lifestyle is nothing to be ashamed of.

Destroyed.