I7 with 16gb RAM

>i7 with 16gb RAM
>runs like shit

What's the last version of the OS that will actually run properly on my current machine? Bout to sell this piece of shit and get something else. Lags all the time, click on an icon in the dock and it stops for 3-4 seconds before it does the next step, how are Apple still making money when their shit just seems to suck?

Other urls found in this thread:

browser.geekbench.com/mac-benchmarks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>mac
Well there's your problem.
Apple has always sucks but marked a "lifestyle" to retards.

>unironically being a HDD cuck in the current year

> 6 year old computer
> runs like shit
Holy shit Apple btfo.

Now if you're not shitposting, then you're HDD is probably fucked, also Sierra runs better on SSD's, so I would install Mavericks if you really wanna keep the HDD.

Check the hard drive health, it's probably it.

> don't realize it is HDDs fault
> spill bullshit immediately
you disappointed me, my arrogant sons.

probably 5400RPM hd

>have same model
>install SSD
>transfer everything over from backup
>it's 100x faster
It's because Sierra runs like a drunken snail with Down's syndrome if it's installed on an HDD.

A Macbook with a dedicated GPU that isn't dead that's a rare specimen

post geekbench scores faggot

My Hackintosh from 2012 scores 4000 single core and 11000 multicore

I guess I'm lucky I didn't update my MacOS install to sierra on a 15 year old 160GB sata drive, which actually runs pretty ok on El capitain

It died in November 2016
Got it replaced just before the recall program ended
Might just sell it to avoid it happening again since I know they're gonna fuck me

The SSD has my OS and apps
HDD is for my video and audio files which i edit

Hard drive health is fine
Still runs like a fucking cancer patient

What gives? How do I install and older version and what's the best one to use? This machine is strictly for beat making, video editing and shitty graphic designs

>It's because Sierra runs like a drunken snail with Down's syndrome if it's installed on an HDD.
To be fair even with a PCIe SSD some things still run slow. Safari is fine but doesnt have NoScript, so I have to use firefox, but it is slow as shit on OS X. So much so that I setup a Remote Desktop Services RemoteApp server so I can use things without killing my battery or having it lag when I play video.

>Samsung Pajeet shill detected

Go fuck a goat and shit in your mother's mouth, niggerfaggot shitskin cunt

I would just do a fresh install, Backup your shit download sierra from the appstore and create some installer media

Your computer is 6 years old. What the fuck do you think is going to happen. That's like driving a car from the 1950s and bitching about gas mileage.

Intel hasn't done shit in the last 6 years and hardware doesn't get slower with age, there is nothing that could make that Mac slow besides some software issue.

I know you posted that unironically which is tragic

>CPU's slow down with age
Yeah ok buddy go clean the dust to make it faster

Posted

Shouldnt run slow at all. Must be the HDD.

Any way of verifying this for sure?

>mac
Found your problem.

run a disk benchmark and see if the speed is what it supposed to be

browser.geekbench.com/mac-benchmarks

>What's the last version of the OS that will actually run properly on my current machine?

mavericks

mountain lion

I wish you troll-enablers would stop treating trolls as if they were serious.
You, yourselves, almost sound sincere.
But instead you're just stupid.

>what are file access times
great post

still buttery smooth over here ur doing it wrong

>33 years
>virtually nothing has changed

Toss a SSD in the bitch and she will be as good as new user.

Install El Capitan or Mavericks.

Is El Capitan really faster?

I really see little reason to keep using Sierra, but I'm not sure how better it could be to go back to a version with less features (not many less, but still less).

sounds like you fell for the i7 meme

i5 > i7