Anyone using Qubes OS?

Anyone using Qubes OS?

Is it a good daily driver or just a novelty OS?

>using Linux

$.05 has been deposited into your CIA account.

uh it's focused on security

the only people using it are like a dozen 'journalists'

Journalists are not the only people interested in secure operating systems.

It recommends you use a machine with at least 32 GB of RAM. I tried to install it but the thing errors out during the installation. No idea why.

You're right, there's also pedophiles.

A normal Linux distro with full disk crypto, a good passphrase, and SELinux should be enough for anyone who cares about privacy and has nothing to hide.

Going far enough to use Tails / Qubes is obviously questionable territory, user

I think you're confusing the RAM and disk space requirements. The page I'm looking at says 4GB RAM, 32GB disk space.

I'm not even going to start this back and forth about "wanting security = pedophile" that always happens in security/privacy related threads.

Enjoy being on a list.

It's run by a tranny SJW, rather use tails even with systemd

>tranny
Source?

don't bother - it's security by compartmentalization is useless given that it doesn't even implement fucking grsec or selinux. use subgraph os.

is subgraph OS stable yet?

pretty much. I tried it in a virtual machine and it worked, but on a baremetal laptop (macbook) it had issues with network connectivity. if you're using a pretty standard PC with ethernet connection, you're probably good. I definitely recommend giving it a shot if you're someone who craves security.

I don't trust it, will stick to tails or tor browser

I've tried Subgraph OS before (I like security but I seriously don't have anything to hide at all so it's more just for novelty), it's pretty cool, I hope the project continues further

Founder is some Polish woman, no tranny.

Can you upgrade between major releases?

>woman
No joke, it's a man

how does subgraph compare to tails?

Lovelace was a man too. No joke.

Tails for privacy and anoniminity
Subgraph for security through encryption

Subgraph basically isolates everything from everything else. Tails is about hiding your identity, Subgraph is about hiding your identity + being unhackable

oh i see. so is Subgraph like an ascended firewall configuration on a per application basis?

Subgraph also has tools for putting applications through a Tor isolating proxy

so how many layers of proxies can i be on?

Does it do everything you need? If so, hurr durr there's your answer.

Can it encrypt files decently?

I used 3.something back in beta. My biggest complaint was that it's shit at dealing with multiple drives. I have 2 SSDs and a HDD. There was no way to system partition them other than "it's all one massive partition" or "this drive has no system partitions". I realize it's not a trivial problem to solve, how to deal with multiple drives in a hypervisor environment, but unless they've worked out the kinks I won't use it again.

Otherwise, it worked great and was painless.

I just booted up subgraph and it says it couldnt even mount the cd rom. What?

any linux / unix can do this, user

Whats the best method?

gpg for individual files, tar + gpg for collections of files, cryptsetup (i.e. LUKS/dm-crypt) for full disk encryption

>SElinux

I've spotted the NSA agent guys!

I doubt subgraph can run on my old vaio if 64 bit and 4gb of ram is required.

Do you have something to hide?
Are you pedo? Terrorist?

It doesn't recommend that much memory dumbass. It does however require pretty much every protocol that involves how well a CPU can virtualize. So for Intel for example you need both VT-d and VT-x.

How is this different from whonix or tails?

I just don't understand your point of view. How in the world wanting privacy mean that you're a criminal ? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ARGUMENTS ?

>if you don't let me in your computer, you're a murdering pedophile

these people are real. that actually live and might even live in america. Sad!

>Ok do you SERIOUSLY need to lock the stall in a public bathroom when I'm trying to stalk you?
>Look, I'm the only one following you and I work for the department of health and safety, stop being so paranoid.
>Did you wipe your ass at least three times? You closed the door so I can't see and now my notes are incomplete.
>Nobody else is even going to look at this stuff; it's just going into your file and will eventually be indexed and searchable by about 10 000 people in the department of health and safety so that if there's some concern we can cross reference your information. Also, we now share all our material with four other government agencies and also the British.

Fuck you, statist

so is subgraph then the Sup Forums approve linux distro right now due to its superior security to qubes, tails, and so forth?

>there's also pedophiles
>implying journos and pedos aren't one and the same

Tried using it, but it was completely unusable. Every tool is broken beyond belief and the default dom0 env is a clusterfuck anyway. Not to mention the default domU are FUCKING fedora.

No, gentoo + grsec/PaX + firejail all the programs.

w-what's wrong with f-fedora?

Unstable piece of NSA-developed botnet and crapware.

XEN is not working correctly with nvidia drivers. Apart from that good distro with good ideas.

>privacy
>kernel modules developed by NSA

Pick one user.

Qubes is the same principle.

Six by default if you are accessing Tor hidden service.

>What is LUKS and dm-crypt?