> it's an OS that the menu bar of the focused program sticks to the top of the desktop

Stoap. Just stoap bupple. It didn't work in 1982 and it doesn't work now, it's shit, ugly and counterintuitive and it will not stop being ugly shit and counterintuitive.

And ew, mother fucking shit, the mouse scrolls in reverse.

Holy fuck, that last bit alone deserves a nuking of the OS.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitts's_law
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is wrong with it? Don't you want screen space efficiency?
The icons on this version are ugly as fuck.

>ew

I don't use OS X but I kinda like the global bar. Not sure why it gets so much hate.

> what is I can directly click unfocused menus mommy?
> what is I have the space to do that anyway?

>And ew, mother fucking shit, the mouse scrolls in reverse.
are you too retarded to use System Preferences

Because it's bullshit, the excuse it has is stupid. It's supposedly more "efficient". But it's actually not efficient if someone has the space to be able to directly click non focused menus of other programs.

It only makes sense as an OPTIONAL setting for specialized uses.

e.g. someone has an extremely small desktop, or they are stupid.

Of course you moron, the point is they think that's acceptable design, to have that as a default.

I used to hate this in Mac OS but I don't mind it now in Unity. It's there when you need it and it saves vertical space.

>Stoap. Just stoap bupple. It didn't work in 1982 and it doesn't work now, it's shit, ugly and counterintuitive and it will not stop being ugly shit and counterintuitive.
Retard, it's called Fitts's Law.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitts's_law

it's also why GNOME, Unity and other Linux WMs have bar at the top with all the menus.

Stay retarded and keep on using that toddler OS called Winshit.

and Windows takes a chunk out of your taskbar for their stupid Cortana shit. That's a stupid default, but I just disabled it in 10 seconds and didn't whine about it like it's the end of the world

>stoap bupple

The drawbacks it has make it a very stupid design for many power users. If you have the space and the window you currently work with is far from the top of the desktop you have to move all the way up there to click. Also you can click other menus that are unfocused directly.

It only makes sense as an efficient design if the power user actually requires it for something niche, e.g. very low resolution or something else obscure.

The only reason it exists in Apple products is their "our products are for stupid people philosophy". That's their philosophy since the 1980s. It still is.

You are literally mentally deficient. Read this

not to mention this goes to show how new OP is to the whole thing

the reverse scrolling is relatively recent

> and here is an ad hominem from me too to show how smart I am
you are literally stupid
also the fact the reverse scrolling shit is old and they still insist on it is to their detriment dipshit.

I just installed ubuntu onto a macbook that I """"acquired"""" and to say the least the experience is not that difference and this is coming from a long time windows user who uses a mechanical keyboard and a thinkpad daily- the keyboard is alright, same for the trackpad, other than that its fucking nothing compared to a windows computer. worth noting that this is a 2012 model with the i5 3150m 4gb of ram and a 500gb hdd

Mac OS is literally stupid to run. If I had a Mac by accident - I guess someone gave it to me - I would run Windows. If I run Linux, it would be better than Mac OS too.

>macbook that I """"acquired""""
give it back tyrone

absolutely not

>power user
>clicking
keyboard shortcuts are a thing fagboi

Apple has a fancy gayish appearance for a starbucks for a hipster and nothing more that can beat Linux in efficiency and flexibility for a techie.

Did you seriously have to create a second thread about this? Fucking winbabbies whining about things that aren't Windows.
The Menu bar can be set to hide. Atop on that, having one menu bar means that general UI windows are less tall, ultimately saving space on the screen.
But yeah now every program on Windows sticks their previously unsorted menu options in a single hamburger menu. Well, some do, since Windows lacks consistency in it's GUI design. The settings of a program was either dumped under File, Help, etc. every program had it in a different place.
In macOS every option between apps are in the exact same submenu, with usually the same commands to activate, and on top of that macOS features a Help search option, looking for an item in The Menu Bar? Just type it out and the OS shows where you can find said option.

Now go to bed underage kid. It's past bedtime.

this, a power user can alt + tab or something ffs

Because most Macs use a touchpad instead of a mouse, you idiot. Unless you want to argue that you don't 'scroll' your phone 'in reverse'. It's more natural to use a touch surface and having it scroll in the way it defaults to.

You're really missing the point of the 'Natural' scroll setting. It works well for trackpads, as well as the Magic Mouse/Trackpad. The default is meant to complement the peripherals by which computers running macOS are typically accompanied. And there's nothing wrong with that.

If you don't like the default setting that's designed for the default hardware, you can change that in the settings. And there's nothing wrong with that either.

Any link to the iso to install on virtualbox?

MacOS doesn't come on an iso. The best you can get is a dmg file. But for the best results for a VM is to get a vdi file, these are fairly common. If you still want the dmg file, you can get it from the app store after using the vdi file.

what is the alternative to file menus anyway?